uniqs

confused5
join:2005-03-28

1 recommendation

confused5 to dadkins

to dadkins

Re: Ewido Updates

Dadkins:

I thing we should forget Alwill(in this connection), and look at what is stated at Ewidos page.
He is warping, not we.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

dadkins

MVM

said by confused5:

Dadkins:

I thing we should forget Alwill(in this connection), and look at what is stated at Ewidos page.
He is warping, not we.
LOL! Off to BT to see if *I* can find this Time Warp software!

SherriBabee
Premium Member
join:2004-08-24
Amboy, IL

SherriBabee to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
Dadkins

Are you on the Free version or the paid subscription? Cause look at my signature count? No where near what you and folks are posting here

Rgds
Sherri

antiserious
The Future ain't what it used to be
Premium Member
join:2001-12-12
Scranton, PA

1 recommendation

antiserious to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins

... I had to unhook my oscillation overthruster because it was causing voltage spikes in the Henway, maybe if I run it in parallel with a load coil or two I can re-connect it and then try for an update ...

... ...

confused5
join:2005-03-28

confused5 to SherriBabee

to SherriBabee
said by SherriBabee:

Dadkins

Are you on the Free version or the paid subscription? Cause look at my signature count? No where near what you and folks are posting here

Rgds
Sherri
Which product is this. We are talking about Ewido 4.0.

To follow up the humour in this thread: You must have warped 100+ years back in time.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

dadkins to SherriBabee

MVM

to SherriBabee
said by SherriBabee:

Dadkins

Rgds
Sherri
Free Trial for another 27? days, at which point(if I keep it) will go to the limited Free version.

All I want ewido for is the scanner... nothing more.
dadkins

dadkins to antiserious

MVM

to antiserious
said by antiserious:

... I had to unhook my oscillation overthruster because it was causing voltage spikes in the Henway, maybe if I run it in parallel with a load coil or two I can re-connect it and then try for an update ...

... ...

My Henway gets kinda hot, so I have it throttled back. Maybe that's the problem...

SherriBabee
Premium Member
Amboy, IL

1 recommendation

SherriBabee to confused5

Premium Member

to confused5
4.0.0.172 trial, same as the rest...

Warped ? lol im outta touch, so I'll take a backseat on that for now

Rgds
Sherri

antiserious
Premium Member
Scranton, PA

1 recommendation

antiserious

Premium Member

... Sherri, are you set to auto-update ? ... have you tried a manual update yet today ? ... I hesitate to suggest an uninstall/re-install because it seems people that did that lost the features of the 'trial period' and reverted to plain-old free, on-demand-only scanning (if those features mean anything to you - I don't use their real-time anyway) ...

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium Member
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

1 recommendation

jbob to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
said by dadkins:

said by antiserious:

... ...

My Henway gets kinda hot, so I have it throttled back. Maybe that's the problem...
What's a Henway(Hen Weigh)?

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

dadkins

MVM

said by jbob:
said by dadkins:
said by antiserious:

... ...

What's a Henway(Hen Weigh)?
It's the precursor to the Heisenberg Compensator.

SherriBabee
Premium Member
Amboy, IL

SherriBabee to antiserious

Premium Member

to antiserious
Hi,

yes I have and i've had this new version installed for 2 days now... Hmmmm... last nite the biggest update I had was like 511kbs ...

Im not using the extra features with the exception of the guard and kinda would like to keep it for the remainder of the trial, but if you or anyone thinks possibly my installation has been compromised somehow, maybe it best I just reinstall then...

Suggestions?

Tks again,
Sherri

antiserious
Premium Member
Scranton, PA

1 recommendation

antiserious to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
said by dadkins:

... please tell me you're not throttling manually - before we get this thread locked for tom-foolery ...

... ...
antiserious

1 recommendation

antiserious to SherriBabee

Premium Member

to SherriBabee

... before you uninstall I'd recommend an email to support@ewido.net explaining the situation, with a screenshot ... I saw a post in another forum ( ) saying they provided a key for some users to retain their trial period, would be worth the time if you want to keep any of those features ... and I'm not sure the problem's with your install - I think it's clear something else is amiss somewhere ...

SherriBabee
Premium Member
Amboy, IL

SherriBabee

Premium Member

Ok, tks 4 the suggestion AntiSerious, appreciate it

Rgds
Sherri

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

1 recommendation

jbob to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
Update: Ok I took the plunge and installed the new version. Before installing I uninstalled, deleted and reg cleaned from v3.5. On installation I noticed(before an update) that showed my malware database at 346,168. While clicking around after install it auto updated and now shows 354,443.

antiserious
Premium Member
Scranton, PA

1 recommendation

antiserious

Premium Member

... I just ran a manual update and I show the same 354,443 as you, and the ewido site also shows this total, as of now ...

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR

jbob

Premium Member

Maybe the planets are getting aligned again, finally!

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Canada

MarkAW to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
Click for full size
I'm using the 4.0.0.172a version and my signatures show 356.954 and i had just finished updating.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

dadkins

MVM

Click for full size
No Update Available... also the .172a version...

Alpha software anyone?

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR

jbob

Premium Member

172a? You mean I've got to download and reinstall again? lol

So much for planetary alignment.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

1 edit

dadkins

MVM

said by jbob:

Yep! No one from Ewido is admitting to anything, or offering anything except a possible firewall issue.
Never mind that a firewall issue wouldn't return a "No update was available" response. A failure to connect response maybe...

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob

Premium Member

said by dadkins:

said by jbob:

Yep! No one from Ewido is admitting to anything, or offering anything except a possible firewall issue.
Never mind that a firewall issue wouldn't return a "No update was available" response. A filure to connect response maybe...
There is this tidbit on their site:
»www.ewido.net/en/support/?AID=26
If you get the message "An automatic update is currently in progress. Please try again later." and no automatic update is in progress, the online-update will work again after a reboot of your computer.

If you get the message "You need to restart windows before you can receive new updates." and a restart of your computer does not help, please download our "FixUpdate" tool and run it. Now it should work again.

If the update process gets stuck and only shows "Connecting to update.ewido.net..." or the automatic updates no longer work, please download our "FixUpdate" tool and run it. After that, it should work again.

If you get the message "Connection Error During Receive" and you use a firewall, If you use firewall, please permit the traffic for all ewido applications (SecuritySuite.exe and ewidoguard.exe), so that these files have full access in both directions (incoming and outgoing) to the internet over port 80 and TCP.

If your are not using a proxy-server please make sure that "Use Proxy" is unchecked. If you have to use a proxy, please verify if the proxy settings are correct.
Along with a link to a small utility to download, a FixUpdate Tool.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

dadkins

MVM

Click for full size
No update was available
Uh huh, but I get a response that no update was available...
This leads me to think that nothing here is blocking me from connecting to their update server, am I correct?

Count is still at 354,476.

antiserious
Premium Member
Scranton, PA

antiserious to jbob

Premium Member

to jbob

... the FixUpdate tool only works for v 3.5, according to ewido 'support' ...

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

1 edit

dadkins

MVM

Ah well, I nuked the program. It was just a novelty/cookie eater anyways.

Maybe when they get it un-borked I'll download it again.

Thanks everybody!

David

jbob
Premium Member
Little Rock, AR

jbob to antiserious

Premium Member

to antiserious
If that is so perhaps they should mention that on the FAQ! Probably isn't the issue some are seeing anyway. I'd say might be some server propagation issues like that we saw with the old MSAS when new definitions first appeared.

GotGhosts
Premium Member
join:2002-07-16
boo

GotGhosts to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
Click for full size
Ewido_Micro updated tonight 354,476.
greenhatch9
join:2005-08-14
UK!

1 recommendation

greenhatch9 to dadkins

to dadkins
Click for full size
Information about 172a from Ewido bods in Wilders forum (at last).

SherriBabee
Premium Member
Amboy, IL

SherriBabee to dadkins

Premium Member

to dadkins
Click for full size
After Reinstall 6-22-06
Click for full size
After Update 6-23-06
Well lastnite I decided to just re-install it and see what happened. Got all the Signature files as shown by other posters above (in excess of 353,000+) then however today when I updated again, it reverted back?

My system is rather malfunctioning lately, kinda hozed and needs a re-install.. Possibly this is the culprit of my problem?

Rgds
Sherri