spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

leom1

@insightbb.com

Question about Notice of Claim of Copyright Infringement

I was looking through the post and didn't see a up to date thread. I recently got a Comcast Notice of Claim of Copyright Infringement. My brother was downloading something of course and I got this email. They seem to have changed the email and no longer mention anything about contact them back with a couter claim which was in older emails from comcast from a previous post. They only mention it is against TOS and we risk termination of the account etc etc. What should we do? He should not have been dling, but kids are kids. Should we sit tight then? Thanks for the advice

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an
alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet
service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address
associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works
identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use
of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any
copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension
or termination of your Service account.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending
a letter or e-mail to:

Comcast Legal Response Center
Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
650 Centerton Road
Moorestown, NJ 08057 U.S.A.
Phone: (856) 317-7272
Fax: (856) 317-7319
E-mail: dmca@comcast.net

For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures, and contact
information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at
»www.comcast.netcreate bookmark.

Sincerely,
Comcast Legal Response Center

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state

Nothing will happen...tell your kid to stop downloading, and it will all blow over.

MadMANN3
Premium
join:2005-08-19
kudos:2
reply to leom1

Basically, it's a warning. They'll probably watch your IP for awhile and like motoracer said, it will blow over. Unless, of course, they get multiple complaints from various or the same copyright owners.