uniqs
share rss forum feed

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

Mikrotik routerboard reset?

Anyone ever try and reset one I notice a small button on the board but it seems not to do anything? is there a way to reset the password on this thing other then throwing it away? or is there some specific sequence of restting the board back to defaults with that darn button?

Thanks
--
ComTrain Certified Tower Climber. American Tower Certified approved contractor

jarosoup

join:2003-01-14
There is no way to recover a password other than to reinstall the OS with netinstall. If you're gonna toss it, lemme know and I'll pay you to ship it to me

pcard

join:2005-09-22
reply to viperm
I think that you will need to hold the reset button for 30 sec then power down the RB (while holding the reset button) and power up releasing the button after 30 sec or so.

It is almost the same as resetting DLB2300 radio.

joshg409

join:2005-05-03
Ottumwa, IA
reply to viperm
I was messing around with a Proxim Tsunami MP11 Base Station last night opened it up and took the radio card out and put it into my RB532. While screwing the case back together I thought hey I'll push this reset button. Finished putting the case back together and powered the RB532 back on and no connectivity via the old IP's. I didn't have my serial cable with me so I couldn't tshoot and I wasn't going to take the case apart again to get the mac to mac telnet into the unit. I had the unit powered down when I pressed the button, either the button worked for me or the radio from the MP11 has my RB locked up. I have an SR9 card in and was trying to build my box as a cell extender with 2.4.

jarosoup

join:2003-01-14
reply to viperm
The buttons have nothing to do with the OS or the password. They can be used when changing the CPU frequency or to force a reboot.

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to viperm
Thanks gang I will try the mac reset with Lan resintall we have a few licenses but I am trying to recover the settings without having to reconfigure them all..

Thanks again..
--

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to viperm
Okay downloaded the net install and put in the IP of the RB that it is getting from our DHCP server but nothing as far as the netsintall software goes. It asks for the IP of the device yet will not allow it to connect or see it? what am I missing???
--

nranieri

join:2005-01-03
Massapequa, NY
Have you tried the mactelnet utility available from mikrotik. Its called "Neighbour Viewer". It should find the mac if you are directly connected, you don't need it ahead of time.

»www.mikrotik.com/download/neighbour.zip

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
Winchester, CA
reply to viperm
I got it finally I had to console to the boot section of the RB and tell it to boot from ethernet..
--