spc
uniqs
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler

Re: [Cable] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol I -- Time Warner

That makes sense since they are getting rid of expanded basic. They'll have the room to add more. I hope we get even more later in the year.

preppymexican
@sbcglobal.net

preppymexican to dennis1x36

Anon

to dennis1x36
okay so I was channel surfing and I noticed on Spike that Time Warner was going to take away that channel plus MTV, Nick and TV Land, will this be for all the citys that Have Time Warner including North Texas, I watch all of thoses channels and if this happends, I have no choice but to go with Dish or Direct, It sucks because we Time Warner is the only thing in Southeast Dallas, my area we have Sudden Link which is the Cable provider for Seagoville and Balch Springs but I need more HD Channels. I just so sick of Time Warner ever since, internet sucks and I went to DSL ATT. Theres no U-Verse here yet, and definetly no Fios which I love so much since my sister used to have to but moved to the "getto" part of Irving. Now my DSL goes down also so I'm haveing bad luck here. Now whats going to happen? If they reach a deal, I'll keep Time Warner, but if not I think I have to deal to dramatic changes.
jshuler
join:2004-11-29
Dallas, TX

jshuler

I have a 6416 dual tuner dvr that frequently "freezes/pauses" when responding to the remote. Does TW offer a newer version dvr that might fix this issue?
flex727
join:2001-12-29
Allen, TX

flex727

said by jshuler:

I have a 6416 dual tuner dvr that frequently "freezes/pauses" when responding to the remote. Does TW offer a newer version dvr that might fix this issue?
They all do that. Patience is the only answer (or TiVo). Use the 30 sec skip, it's much less frustrating.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to jshuler

Premium Member

to jshuler
It isn't the box, but rather the decades old software TWC is using. They've done it since at least 2005 so don't expect them to get fixed anytime soon. Use the 30 second skip... It works a little better.
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

1 edit

Joe Siegler to preppymexican

to preppymexican
said by preppymexican :

okay so I was channel surfing and I noticed on Spike that Time Warner was going to take away that channel plus MTV, Nick and TV Land, will this be for all the citys that Have Time Warner including North Texas, I watch all of thoses channels and if this happends, I have no choice but to go with Dish or Direct, It sucks because we Time Warner is the only thing in Southeast Dallas, my area we have Sudden Link which is the Cable provider for Seagoville and Balch Springs but I need more HD Channels. I just so sick of Time Warner ever since, internet sucks and I went to DSL ATT. Theres no U-Verse here yet, and definetly no Fios which I love so much since my sister used to have to but moved to the "getto" part of Irving. Now my DSL goes down also so I'm haveing bad luck here. Now whats going to happen? If they reach a deal, I'll keep Time Warner, but if not I think I have to deal to dramatic changes.
Read up on this. To say TWC is "taking them away" is not quite the right slant. I would put the blame on Viacom.

Read all of this.

»www.courant.com/business ··· 58.story

To outright blame TWC for this isn't exactly right. These issues show up with every provider. TWC, DirecTV, Dish, FiOS. They all have carriage issues of this nature with the providers.

preppymexican
@sbcglobal.net

Anon

to dennis1x36
Well I meant that they were taking the channels away because they didnt get the deal, but the ad there were talkin about was on todays Morning News and there going to be a lot of channels n I would watch MTV, Nick channels and Logo.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

I do watch some shows on VH1 Classic, and my kid watches some shows on the kids channels. I suspect either this will get resolved in the 11th hour (literally), or it will go black for 2-3 days.

I do have the MLB Network starting tomorrow, so I'll be watching a lot of that.

preppymexican
@sbcglobal.net

Anon

to dennis1x36
so MLB is now added?
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

1 edit

Joe Siegler

The channel launches at 5PM local time here in Dallas tomorrow. I did notice that 198 MLB is on the channel lineup on TWC's website, but if you try going there, there's nothing. But that's not surprising since the launch is tomorrow.

What I'm really disappointed with is TWC is not carrying the HD version. Especially when I see other TWC's around the country listing it.

»www.engadgethd.com/2008/ ··· iego-ca/

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

mlb might launch at midnight.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

2 edits

Joe Siegler

The Viacom channels are staying apparently.

»www.google.com/hostednew ··· 95E5EIG1

Still nothing on MLB as of 11:45PM.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

mlb up

256 qam
789mhz
CCIx0

not authorized
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

said by motorola870:

mlb up
Not in Garland as of 12:45AM it's not.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

note i said NOT AUTHORIZED. it should be up tommorow.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

1 edit

Joe Siegler

Ah. I just focused in on "MLB up".

Do you have any idea why we're not getting the HD feed in the Dallas area? Several other TWC regions around the country are.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

I just hope we get the HD feed by opening day. It would be nice before then but i wanna see live games in HD on there.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

When I got up this morning, I noticed that 198 is there on TWC. TiVo doesn't know about it yet, but that's not TWC's issue. Bummed there's no HD feed.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

1 edit

Racerbob

Premium Member

I hear that HD feed will be on in this area ( I am in New York State ) later today. We get the SD feed on channel 238 here right now.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

said by Racerbob:

I hear that HD feed will be on in this area later today. We get the SD feed on channel 238 right now.
OK, that confused me there for a minute, you're in New York? It's on 198 here in Dallas, which is the purpose of this thread.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by Joe Siegler:

said by Racerbob:

I hear that HD feed will be on in this area later today. We get the SD feed on channel 238 right now.
OK, that confused me there for a minute, you're in New York? It's on 198 here in Dallas, which is the purpose of this thread.
ah yes... well sorry about that. I have edited my post.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

Is there anyone else reading this thread that has TWC and a TiVo? Am I the only one?

Reason I ask is my HDTiVo box is not getting MLBN 198, but that's probably because TiVo doesn't recognize it as an existing channel. I can't tune to a channel that doesn't exist, so I see blank on 198. My TiVo in the bedroom is an older one that uses a TWC Motorola cable box, and that does let me see 198, but that's because it's the Motorola box driving the signal, not the TiVo itself.

Curious to see if I'm the only one affected by this. I realize it's TiVo's problem, but I wonder if anyone else reading this thread has run into this besides me.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Could DFW be using SDV. I think thats why the HD model can't get MLBN. They must be experimenting with SDV and that requires one of those tuning adapters.

DamnTWC
@sbcglobal.net

DamnTWC to dennis1x36

Anon

to dennis1x36
Hey guys, on Dec. 31st I finally found out that I could view Toon Disney (125) even though I only had *expanded basic, I checked on their site and it appears its in their Digital plus group? What the hell is digital plus, and was this channel removed from said group? Or is this some old news I'm barely finding out? I'd like to know how long I've been missing out. Thanks in advance. I really hate cable channel packages btw.

*Which I still hate TWC's BS obvious overcharging by stiffing users who opt for basic with a handful of channels that are local or just plain suck - before Comcast offered every major network in basic for only $10/month [Spike, Comedy Central, G4, MTV, BET, Cartoon Network,Disney, Nick, FX, TNT, TBS, USA, ESPN, Texas Cable News] - minus HD/digital channels. I still wish we had Comcast nowadays. But GOD did I hate that we had A/B cable LITERALLY FOREVER AND THEY HAD NO PLANS TO CONVERT ALL CHANNELS TO 1 LINE, which pissed me off to no end. Sorry for the rant had to get that out.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to rv65

to rv65
"Could DFW be using SDV. I think thats why the HD model can't get MLBN. They must be experimenting with SDV and that requires one of those tuning adapters."

no sdv is not even thought of at this time

it is on ch 198
qam 256
789mhz

here is what is on EIA CH123:

in demand 1
in demand 2
in demand 3
in demand 4
in demand 5
in demand 6
in demand 7
hot choice
big ten
mlb network
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

said by motorola870:

"Could DFW be using SDV. I think thats why the HD model can't get MLBN. They must be experimenting with SDV and that requires one of those tuning adapters."

it is on ch 198
qam 256
789mhz

in demand 1
in demand 2
in demand 3
in demand 4
in demand 5
in demand 6
in demand 7
hot choice
big ten
mlb network
I assume its not a thought right now cause of them doing away with expanded basic in later winter/early spring?

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

1 edit

chamberc

Premium Member

said by Timothy28:

said by motorola870:

I assume its not a thought right now cause of them doing away with expanded basic in later winter/early spring?
No, it is just not technically or financially feasible for TWC in the Dallas market right now, or any time soon.

The market TWC inherited from Comcast (and the various cable providers including AT&T that Comcast inherited) puts major technological upgrades like SDV years, if not longer down the road.

Getting rid of expanded basic and all of the crap foreign language channels will be a good way to free up the space for more channels, but major upgrades beyond the recent $100 million one are not really in the works, or at least not in an actual project plan.

What we really need to hold out for is for them getting newer than the decades old Guide software they're using.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

Any of you TW/RR guys have any insight into why I can't see this on my TiVo? I'm starting to get concerned, as someone on the TiVo forums said they do have it in their area. Is 198 active across the board in all TWC/DFW regions? It's not "off" in certain areas, is it?

I realize I'm grasping at straws here, but I _really_ want this channel.
flex727
join:2001-12-29
Allen, TX

flex727

said by Joe Siegler:

Any of you TW/RR guys have any insight into why I can't see this on my TiVo? I'm starting to get concerned, as someone on the TiVo forums said they do have it in their area. Is 198 active across the board in all TWC/DFW regions? It's not "off" in certain areas, is it?

I realize I'm grasping at straws here, but I _really_ want this channel.
Didn't you say your Motorola STB in your bedroom gets that channel? Doesn't that answer your question about the channel being active in your area?

Try forcing a sync with your TiVo to get the channel to come in. Also, try going to the TiVoCommunity boards for help.
dgknight3
join:2000-10-19
Grand Prairie, TX

dgknight3 to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

it is on ch 198
qam 256
789mhz

in demand 1
in demand 2
in demand 3
in demand 4
in demand 5
in demand 6
in demand 7
hot choice
big ten
mlb network
motorola870,
Just want to verify that NorthTexas TWC is no where near SDV. I have HDTivo but still analog cable, haven't switched to digital yet cause wanted to make sure TWC could do the cablecards along with the tuning adapter somewhat competently. Sounds like I don't have to worry about SDV for awhile, is that true?