spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wrr1234

join:2002-10-15

[Extreme] Routing issue or Throttling ?

Hi, I've had Rogers Extreme for about a week, both upload and download speeds are good, but I am having difficulty accessing a web site that provides voice chat service. I was able to connect, but the connection took very long, and while I was in the chat room, I could hear other people without much difficulty but others couldn't hear me clearly, meaning the download speed was ok but upload speed was too low. But when I was with Sympatico, the connection was much faster and although download speed was a bit slow, upload speed was fine. Could this be a routing issue, or has it to do with upload speed throttling at all? I am having a Motorola modem, and using XP sp2 without a router. Thanks in advance for any help.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Potentially the routing but it's hard to know.

wrr1234

join:2002-10-15
Thanks to sbrook. I called tech support yesterday, but was told that routing was done automatically, and there's nothing that could be done. I doubt this is true, since when I was unable to visit certain web sites in the past, Sympatico did solve my problem by rerouting (not sure if that's the correct term though).