Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dark Shikari

join:2004-08-17
Reston, VA
reply to Dark Shikari

Re: [Connectivity] Comcast throttling?

See this thread for some other people with the same problem, who concluded it was a problem with Comcast: »forum.emule-project.net/index.ph···p=790482

Morty7
Premium
join:2004-09-18

That's certainly interesting, however that doesn't prove that Comcast is throttling it (or at least on purpose). You would need to have more technical information / locations in order to gain any useful correlation.

Dark Shikari

Reston, VA

Normans: according to information from those same eMule forums, Cablevision throttles their customers (and creates 10053 errors) by sending fake disconnect packets to uploaders.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by Dark Shikari:

Normans: according to information from those same eMule forums, Cablevision throttles their customers (and creates 10053 errors) by sending fake disconnect packets to uploaders.
That is not throttling. Forcing a disconnect is not slowing the connection down, it is breaking the connections altogether.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Dark Shikari

Reston, VA

OK, so its not throttling... its worse than throttling >_>

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11

Yes. But I doubt that Comcast is doing it.

juniorx

join:2006-02-05
St John'S, NL

lol, i remember when Rogers first throttling our bit torrent, the dslreports forums was filled with 100's post. Im sure if Comcast did throttle p2p, lots of people would be posting in numerous threads.

As for comcast admitting they throttle, they probably wouldnt at first. Rogers reps denied it for months until enough people called in, it force them to give their agents a pretyped comment to read