spc
uniqs
gd16
join:2006-08-17
Portland, OR

gd16 to NormanS

to NormanS

Re: [Connectivity] Comcast throttling?

I see what you are saying in this post...obviously you think I have an extremely low intelligence level.

My peers drop to zero the second I complete. And while the tracker shows 50-60 leechers.... my client sees none. They appear for a brief second until comcast's software sends the disconnect.

I understand how trackers and bittorents work. I am telling you Comcast is doing this now. Perhaps not to you or your service error. But this is really happening to me.
gd16

gd16

I meant service area.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to gd16

MVM

to gd16
said by gd16:

...obviously you think I have an extremely low intelligence level.
Can't be any lower than mine.

However, I still have to wonder. What is the point of killing the completed download? The worst impact of upload is saturating the bandwidth, and that is happening during the download, as well as after.

Unless, maybe it isn't bandwidth they are trying to limit, but upload volume? They are willing to let you download, but they don't want you going over a TerraByte of uploaded data? Something like that.

IOW, I can see them capping down/up performance; other cablecos do that routinely. I don't understand letting the torrent run unimpeded until it is complete, then killing it altogether.