spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Riddles1
join:2002-05-22
Eastchester, NY

Riddles1

can not sign out???

i know computers fairly well, but this quagmire has me in a pickle.

xp sp2 with kerio, brand new install.

when i go to mail.yahoo.com it asks me to sign in and thats ok
then i go to click the "sign out" button and thats also ok and i get taken to the yahoo page with the "back to yahoo mail" button

i click that button and i am back in yahoo.
I did not set up my browser to remember the password or anything like that. the only two ways to sign out is to go to "options" and when it asks for your password again, to click on the "sign in as a different user" or to delete the cookies.

heres something else which has me confused... why is it that when i am in maxthon, i have the same exact problem?
and only with yahoo? gmail works, a bunch of other forums work, everything BUT yahoo works as its supposed to.

any ideas?

thanks guys.

altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

altermatt

Premium Member

said by Riddles1:

then i go to click the "sign out" button and thats also ok and i get taken to the yahoo page with the "back to yahoo mail" button...i click that button and i am back in yahoo.
I did not set up my browser to remember the password
Try this: after signing out, close the browser. Then open your browser and sign in again. Sounds like it is remembering a session cookie and because hitting the "back to yahoo" button is considered the same session, it is remembering your login.

Riddles1
Eastchester, NY

2 edits

Riddles1

you are right sir, if i close the browser, and then reopen it, its back to normal, but if i sign in, then its back to the same.
right now i have the firefox setting set to "until i close firefox" so everytime i close it, all cokies get deleted

any ideas on how to fix this?

ilago
Premium Member
join:2005-06-28
Australia

ilago

Premium Member

Open Firefox in tabs. You can then close the tab Yahoo is using and leave Firefox open. That will sign you out.

Riddles1
Eastchester, NY

Riddles1

i'll try that when im home next, but it shouldn't be like that. this is the only pc that i have this problem with.

any ideas on how to fix it completely, so that it works normally?
Riddles1

Riddles1

Figured it out, heres the info in anyone wants it:

Yahoo need foreign cookies to be enabled in order to sign you out.

So i enabled those cookies and then it worked.

now, naturally i dont want to keep it this way, so i put yahoo on my exception list and turned filter foreign cookies back on.

now it all works!