spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Matt-KS

@cox.net

[ALL] Static IP with Cox

I've always been curious, but not enough to call up a salesperson and ask. How much extra does Cox charge for a static IP? I know with certain DSL providers its free so I assume it's not much...

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
It does not cost anything because it is not offered.

Maybe on a business account.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to Matt-KS
Irish is correct, Static IPs are only offered on the commercial products.

robertfl
Premium
join:2005-10-10
Mary Esther, FL
reply to Matt-KS
It's $70 a month for their prefered service. Which im sure is nationwide, but check anyway and a lot of money.

Embarq offers static for $4.00 more a month. If you need static see if you can get DSL.

-Rob
--
Looking for something different to listen to? »www.rfdradio.info is your answer!

NoVA_CoxUser
Stand back from the cage -- The RF bites
Premium
join:2004-07-06
Alexandria, VA

3 edits
reply to Matt-KS
If you need a static IP, you probably need to have a business account.

If you just want a static IP to simplify your own personal remote access, be aware that Cox's "dynamic" IPs very rarely change as long as your gateway remains connected thru your modem.

joelliot

join:2002-01-28
West Warwick, RI
This may vary a little by market, but in RI Cox offers two "home office" commerical packages. There is a 5/2 Mb/s & a 15/2 Mb/s. They both come with up to 5 static IPs with no additional charge -- you do have to ask for them. I forgot how much the 5 was, but the 15 with 5 static IPs is $99/month.

Shrapnel64
Premium
join:2001-01-24
VA, USA
kudos:1
reply to Matt-KS
The last I checked, which was from Email correspondence from a Cox representative, was $79/month for the 5/2 SOHO service. Last year it was $69/month, so it has gone up a bit...more than I am willing to fork over right now (which means I really don't need it).

Apparently, Cox came out and worked on the cable system around 4PM, and around 5:30, my internet quit working on the current IP address, so I had to let the router obtain a new one, and update the hosting DNS servers.

Matt-KS

@cox.net
WOW! 5/2 for $79 is a good deal for me, I should order that...