how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yahtzee
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Richmond, VA

Best way to get rid of house flies (outside)

What is the best way to get rid of houseflies outdoors? Have a nice new patio and everytime any food comes out, so do the flies?
--
If ever offered a breath mint - take it.

anwgo153
Premium
join:2002-04-08
Roselle Park, NJ

»www.paraclipse.com/

Greg_Z
Premium
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL
reply to yahtzee

Here is a couple that I found:

How can I get rid of flies?
Suggestion A: Suspend clear bags, filled with water, with a strip of aluminum foil suspended inside. Apparently, the flies are startled by the reflection and leave.

Suggestion B: Providing (1) that you've lost your beneficial predator insects; or (2) that the fly population is more intense than expected, get out the Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth!!! Mix it as a 1 percent wettable powder and hose out the area, spraying walls, ceilings, roofs, the nearby trees... well, at least get carried away in the area that the flies are bothering you. (Wear eye protection and the proper respirator when spraying wettable powders). The DE will act to repulse the flies and the residue will be as if you had applied a fine dusting by hand. (DE strips an insects' protective layer of surface oil from the exoskeleton, which is why it is so effective on Ants, discussed elsewhere in this page. With the oil gone, the insect quickly dehydrates and dies). Retreat in 5 days only if your beneficial/predator insects and birds have not been able to take control of the fly population. Several treatments may be needed if there was adequate food sources for the last season of flies to get crazy while mating and laying eggs. Move livestock and domestic animals out of the area during spraying or dusting with DE.

Also, some other links: »search.yahoo.com/search?p=gettin···00&x=wrt
--
I threw out the map a long time ago. Now I follow my own direction!

Greg_Z
Premium
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL
reply to anwgo153

That would only work indoors, you really need something else to detract them outdoors.
--
I threw out the map a long time ago. Now I follow my own direction!

anwgo153
Premium
Roselle Park, NJ

well I'll find one for outdoors for u in a sec

anwgo153
Premium
Roselle Park, NJ

1 edit

here you go »www.ridmax.com/
»www.ridmax.com/faq.htm

tahoejeff
Premium
join:2001-07-01
Wisconsin Dells, WI
reply to yahtzee

get a lizard.

Monica
Premium,ExMod 2000-02
join:2000-06-15
Fremont, CA
reply to yahtzee

I put these up outside and they work great! Disgusting looking inside, but great. The more of them in there dying the more the others are attracted to it. I bought them at Orchard, but I'll bet you can get them at any hardware store.

ninjatutle
Premium

join:2006-01-02
San Ramon, CA
reply to yahtzee

A few venus fly traps.

jim61

join:2000-09-10
Vermilion, OH
reply to yahtzee

Use a household fan....Large exhaust fans keep air circulating and deter pests in two ways. Mosquitoes and biting flies are attracted to carbon dioxide that mammals exhale. Circulating the air not only mechanically disrupts the pest, but dissipates the attractant gases.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3
reply to yahtzee

S.W.A.T team!

sorry coudnt help it

R4M0N
Brazilian Soccer Ownz Joo

join:2000-10-04
Glen Allen, VA

said by PoloDude:

S.W.A.T team!

sorry coudnt help it
Did you hear that on Paul Harvey this morning?

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

busted