uniqs

Heterman
Premium Member
join:2004-02-28
Fayetteville, AR

Heterman to goldy5

Premium Member

to goldy5

Re: IE7 Tip for moving Classic Menu to top!

said by goldy5:

THANK YOU!

That's one the things I complained about.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

Bump!

rspsas
Trust No One
join:2001-08-12
Piscataway, NJ

rspsas to Heterman

to Heterman
anyone know of a way of completely removing/deleting the button bar (with icons for the menu functions - like home,print,favorites,etc) - this function seems like a duplicate of the text menu above it ? thanks in advance

GeekNJ
Premium Member
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ

Premium Member

said by rspsas:

anyone know of a way of completely removing/deleting the button bar (with icons for the menu functions - like home,print,favorites,etc) - this function seems like a duplicate of the text menu above it ? thanks in advance
If you unlock the toolbars, you can slide the whole set of toolbar icons over the right. They are still accessible by using the >> icon which is there.

Another option appears to be if you right click the toolbar and select Customize Command Bar and then Add or Remove commands, you can pull some or all off.

Either of those help you out?
phoots0
join:2001-06-01
Astoria, NY

phoots0 to Heterman

to Heterman
Thanks for this very useful tip!

Funny thing though. If you have the Menu Bar at the top and then click on the History pull down menu from the arrow next to the forward and back button the Menu Bar reverts to the bottom. Although this seems temporary as when you close the History menu it will revert to the top.

I just find it strange.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to GeekNJ

Premium Member

to GeekNJ
said by GeekNJ:

Another option appears to be if you right click the toolbar and select Customize Command Bar and then Add or Remove commands, you can pull some or all off.
Well, this may be a YMMV thing, but when I tried to remove all the icons from the bar, the default set came back the next time I opened up IE7. You can read more about what I noticed (and a few screen shots as well), in this post.

»Re: If you're NOT happy with IE7, post here, otherwise stay out!

--Brian