Search similar:

uniqs
wassct5
join:2005-02-03
Milford, CT

1 edit

wassct5

[Eyebeam, X-lite] Accessing Voicemail via Softphone

I just started using Eyebeam with Viatalk and everything is working fine except when I connect to voicemail, it keeps telling me my password is invalid. The password works fine with the regular phone but not with the eyebeam softphone. Is there anything I need to set somewhere so I can access my voicemail via the softphone?

Thanks!

CyberSultan
Premium Member
join:2006-07-20

2 edits

CyberSultan

Premium Member

Re: [ViaTalk] Accessing Voicemail via Softphone

I have same issue with X-lite. Tried various settings without any luck accessing voicemail as well.

Edit: After Nate425 See Profile posted, I searched the web again and found this from Counterpath regarding the DTMF settings. This may not provide the exact solution for the OP, but may provide some direction. In the X-Lite 3.0 softphone, there weren't any options for DTMF settings in the GUI. After searching the web, I found that there was a code that I had to dial and send in order to access a more advanced option set. Here is the posting I found from Couterpath Customer Support that now makes calling voicemail work for me:

"Here are the instructions on accessing DTMF parameters and changing for SIP INFO DTMF:

Dial ***7469 (send)

Once you get the advanced options menu up, filter first for DTMF. Find the Force Inband DTMF entry, and change the value to 0.

Then filter for 2833. Find the RTP 2833 enabled line, and change this value to 0.

This will work for servers requiring SIP INFO DTMF. If you are still not successful, please try any combination of enabled/disabled until you get the setup that will work for your server.

I hope that helps

Edit: One additional thing - I also had to make sure I pressed and held down each number of my password long enough to be recognized. Before making the above change, nothing would get vmail to recognize my password (holding down the keys longer, etc). After the change, pressing the keys too quickly still resulted in not recognizing the password. Holding each key down for just a little bit longer did the trick (maybe there is another setting that would help with this as well).

Nate425
Premium Member
Charlottesville, VA

Nate425 to wassct5

Premium Member

to wassct5
Is there something that lets you pick what DTMF Transmit method to use? If so, you want to use InBand I believe.
wassct5
Milford, CT

1 recommendation

wassct5

Finally got it figured out for Eyebeam users having the same problem. You need to change the DTMF settings in the advanced settings. After I made the changes below I can now access my voicemail. I found these instructions on another forum:

Here are the instructions on accessing DTMF parameters and changing for SIP INFO DTMF in Eyebeam:

Dial ***7469 (send)

Once you get the advanced options menu up, filter first for DTMF. Find the Force Inband DTMF entry, and change the value to 0.

Then filter for 2833. Find the RTP 2833 enabled line, and change this value to 0.

This will work for servers requiring SIP INFO DTMF. If you are still not successful, please try any combination of enabled/disabled until you get the setup that will work for your server.
Fisamo
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Apex, NC

Fisamo

Premium Member

This thread is actually worth a bump, as I haven't used VT with a softphone much until now. I was trying to access my work VM over X-lite and having no luck. It's a good thing I remembered seeing the above post and was able to find it with BBR's search function. Thanks (belatedly!) to wassct5 See Profile.