viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium Member
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL

viperpa33s

Premium Member

Do it all the time

Companies do this all the time. Pulling money from other projects and add it to projects they think they are going to make more money from. As in this case Verizon is taking money away from rural projects and applying it to urban projects.

A side note:

A person I work with, she said Verizon was going around where she lived trying to sign people up for FIOS. Told her that it would be a free install if she wanted it now but if she didn't want it now and wanted it installed later, it would cost her $1,000 to have Verizon install FIOS. She didn't take it and stuck with Comcast due to the fact Comcast has on demand programming.
russotto
join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ

russotto

said by viperpa33s:

A person I work with, she said Verizon was going around where she lived trying to sign people up for FIOS. Told her that it would be a free install if she wanted it now but if she didn't want it now and wanted it installed later, it would cost her $1,000 to have Verizon install FIOS. She didn't take it and stuck with Comcast due to the fact Comcast has on demand programming.
Yep, they're doing that in PA too, though they didn't say $1000, just that I'd have to pay for installation. I'm not too worried; I want FIOS when they're doing TV over it and no sooner, and they'll no doubt run a promotion when they get that in.