spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

whatdoesthismean

@dslextreme.com

"FORCE PAY CHECK' what does this mean?

i just checked my checking account and it sayd for one of the checks "FORCE PAY CHECK" bank is close so can't call yet. Anyone know what it means?

BRAT0

join:2006-07-28
Houston, TX

»debtorboards.com/smf/index.php

Not sure if that site can help, but I go there for all my Q&A regarding finances and credit issues. The might have some sort of info. Good luck!

Jim Gurd
Premium
join:2000-07-08
Livonia, MI

1 recommendation

reply to whatdoesthismean

said by whatdoesthismean :

i just checked my checking account and it sayd for one of the checks "FORCE PAY CHECK" bank is close so can't call yet. Anyone know what it means?
It could be something as simple as the person walked into the branch and cashed the check at the teller window. I worked for a bank many years ago. I was not a teller but I did deal with the checking account records (microfilm retrieval). If someone brought in a check to our teller that was drawn on our bank it would be placed in a status called "pay regardless". This meant that the teller had verified that the money was available and placed a hold for that amount on the account.

Pay regardless items paid first before all other items. Next in the queue were "on us" items deposited by other account holders. Finally the last to pay were incoming clearing items from other financial institutions.
--
To be rich in friends is to be poor in nothing.

RXDOC
You want what?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-03-13
Pawtucket, RI
reply to whatdoesthismean

"The teller can inquire on a check, an associate will evaluate the item using the posting rules established for that particular account. A response transaction will then be returned to the teller system with information on the check status. The bank can customize a response to the teller system to read, "Pay" or "Do Not Pay" the check, at which point the teller can "pay," "force pay" or "deny" the check."