how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kb0rpj

join:2004-10-31
Trenton, MO

suddenlink also hit last night?

I noticed the link to the bellsouth outage last night, about 9:30pm cdt last night, suddenlink also died, modem went to an offline status, and stayed down till about 10:40pm. I called suddenlink support at 945pm and they told me that there was "a massive outage someplace" and that "they appear to have lost all systems" the person also told me "we don't even have access to the database, or our own internet here in the call center so i can't even pull up your account records"

anyone else have similar issues last night? maybe this wasn't just a suddenlink issue

UnForGiVeN8

join:2006-09-01
Ashcamp, KY

Yeah...I called them and they said they had a nationwide problem..the office I called didnt have internet access itself!

porkchops
Premium
join:2003-05-17
Saint Marys, WV
reply to kb0rpj

My area stayed up last night, so the outage must not have affected the WV/VA area.
I spent most of the night torrenting er... um "sleeping"

kb0rpj

Trenton, MO
reply to kb0rpj

any thoughts on this being related to the bellsouth outage? or did they both just happen to have went down around the same time?

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to kb0rpj

I had no issues on my end last night. No services were interupted that I could tell. Different backbone I guess being on Cox. Never tried to access any of the Suddenlink sites though.

Seems rather odd that Suddenlink would loose connection to its own services when another provider goes out... doesn't Suddenlink provide the internet connectivity to its own offices/branches?

kb0rpj

Trenton, MO
reply to kb0rpj

i was wondering if the issue was more of a backbone issue.. ie, a large router on broadwing or something died and caused the problem for both isp's

SynErr
mIRC is my life

join:2006-09-14
Charleston, WV
reply to kb0rpj

i didn't have any trouble that night.. someone said something about it not effecting WV/VA, must be that.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to kb0rpj

said by kb0rpj:

any thoughts on this being related to the bellsouth outage? or did they both just happen to have went down around the same time?
It would depend on the region. If the outage is to a local area served by both providers, possibly a utility pole carrying both service's cables was taken out.

Otherwise it would just be a coincidence.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum