uniqs

Flummoxed
Premium Member
join:2002-01-24
Wright City, MO

Flummoxed

Premium Member

Charter's Voicemail

Does anyone know how to turn off Voice mail on Charter phone? My mother wants to use her answering machine and not Charter's voicemail feature. From what she told me voice mail came with a package that has or something. I've went the charter help page and listened to the automated voice mail menus and I can figure out a way to turn it off.

DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D

MVM

Voice mail is a feature that costs $5 a month extra. She can call in and have it turned off and save some money.

geekymom
join:2001-02-25
Madison, WI

geekymom to Flummoxed

to Flummoxed
A couple of suggestions, but probably nothing definitive. When we switched to Charter phone, the person who walked me through the "disclosure" transfer call said that if we definitely did not want to use voicemail (we use an answering machine), I should call in and have it removed from the account. We don't pay extra for it; it's part of the bundled items.

I didn't do that, and instead put an extended absence message on it. That way, people can't leave messages but it gives me the option of potentially switching to voicemail.

That workaround has worked OK, but I had to play around with the setting for the number of rings before our answering machine picked up. I found that if I set the answering machine pick-up for too many rings, Charter voicemail picked up instead. And since I had an extended absence greeting on the voicemail, it meant that people couldn't leave a message by any method (voicemail, or answering machine).

Flummoxed
Premium Member
join:2002-01-24
Wright City, MO

Flummoxed

Premium Member

Thanks for the info