Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to justin

Re: I'm dedicating most code changes/improvements to ..

A few more things I can remember

1. site search »/nsearch for posts now gives you info down the left hand side allowing you both see what forums are involved in a search, and to narrow your search dynamically. (stole the idea from fatwallet)

2. a long topic of posts can be searched (search box is above any topic view). No matter how many pages it is, all hits are displayed up to your pagination limit

3. »/prefs/forum includes an option for 'big thumbnails'. Pictures attached to posts instead of appearing at 200 wide will appear at 600 wide! Example topic to see the benefit of this: »Might get an XBOX360 just for this game

4. I think instant message indicator should flash yellow or red correctly now

5. The speed test page shows the global daily limit for the user at the top as little red blocks (11 tests maximum per 24 hour period)

6. The grouped line monitors are pretty much setup and working ok and the glitches/improvements are done.

I can't remember what else.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
said by justin:

1. site search »/nsearch for posts now gives you info down the left hand side allowing you both see what forums are involved in a search, and to narrow your search dynamically. (stole the idea from fatwallet)
That is one bloody good enhancement!

could you attempt similar grouping for the threads?

Cudni
--
Some are born to failure, others achieve it, all deserve it.
Help yourself so God can help you.
MVP, Microsoft Windows Security 2006

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21
reply to justin
said by justin:

A few more things I can remember

That's great!

It seems something screwed up in the process though, it is displaying the topic text twice under each topic listed.
--
DSLR tools | Journal | SBKRadio

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
Reviews:
·iiNet
said by Weirdal:

It seems something screwed up in the process though, it is displaying the topic text twice under each topic listed.
You mean the excerpt from each post? some of them do repeat themselves a bit, longer posts don't.

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21
Click for full size
yeah, that's what I mean

You are right about the longer ones though, they don't repeat.

For example, here is a page of search results. repeated text from the yellow is highlighted in green. It just seems kind of silly to repeat text...
--
DSLR tools | Journal | SBKRadio

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Optimum Online
reply to justin
The speed test selection page now shows "distance" from the user to the speed test site.

How is that calculated? Mine is showing 200+ miles to Parsippany - and the only way that's possible is if it's calculating the route the packets are taking based on a tracert....
--
Q: When will it be done?
A: When pigs fly !

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
geo center of your zip, or the town your IP is supposedly based in (if you don't have a zip) to geo center of the zip of parsippany, via straight line distance calculated using the haversine formula which is accurate except around the poles.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
Thank you sir!

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX
reply to justin
If this is true, and lets say I have a IP that is based in Virgina and I'm from Texas wouldn't it incorrectly calculate this?
--
Team Discovery-Join the fight

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
the database of IPs tries to guess your location, not the location of the ISP. It is mostly correct.