Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

4 edits

1 recommendation

FutureMon

DSLR Team StarFire Public Work Unit Queues

What are the Broadband Reports Team StarFire Seti Team Queues:

The Team Queues are public resources that SETI@Home users can connect to and send/receive Work Units to/from Berkeley. Think of it as a "Proxy" server of sorts that can give you new Work Units and accept your finished ones, even while Berkeley is down.

You receive full credit for all your Work Units based on Berkeley's rules once they begin to accept finished units again after an outage. The difference is, you were able to continue to process Work Units even though they were down.

It also serves as a "Duplicate Result" filter. That is, SetiQueue can tell if you already have a particular Work Unit in your Queue. It also keeps copies of Work Units incorrectly flagged as duplicates, so that they can be resubmitted at a later date for proper credit.

How to use the BBR Team StarFire Seti Team Queues:

There are currently 7 endorsed Public Team Queues available to BBR Team StarFire Members:

Team Cache I - hosted by FutureMan, Based in Southern California
Team Cache II - hosted by Anarky, Based in Illinois
Team Cache III - hosted by Naphtha, Based Indiana Retired.
Team Cache IV - hosted by The Doctor, Based in the UK Retired.
Team Cache V - hosted by Silicon Freak, Based in Ohio
Team Cache VI - hosted by B52GUNR, Based in Northern California
Team Cache VII - hosted by Skeebercat, Based in Chattanooga, TN Retired.

To get hooked in to one of the above Team Queues, you only need to add a parameter to the end of your command line (CLI) Executable. This may be done several ways:

NOTE: The following examples use Team Cache I's IP's in the pictures. If you want to use an alternate Queue, you must refer to the bottom of this post for the proper proxy:port information for the Queue you would like to use.

Also, please be sure to read the "Important Considerations section" below
:

USING A BATCH FILE:

CD\{your seti directory here}
setiathome-3.03.i386-winnt-cmdline.exe -proxy 66.80.179.61:5517

USING A WINDOWS SHORTCUT:

In a Windows shortcut, this would be as follows (note the quotation marks - they are required) and don't forget to set the working directory [start in] to wherever you have the executable installed:

"setiathome-3.03.i386-winnt-cmdline.exe" -proxy 66.80.179.61:5517

USING SETISPY:

If you are using SetiSpy to launch the CLI, you would simply set the "Client parameter(s)" field to -proxy 66.80.179.61:5517

This field can be found if you click on the "Configure" button on the client tab of SetiSpy:

USING SETIDRIVER:

If you are using SETI Driver to launch the CLI, you need to click on Proxy Server, fill in 66.80.179.61 for the Host, and 5517 for the Port

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS!

Participants of the Team Queues are potentially exposing their SETI Email Address and IP address. Users are strongly urged to use the Team Caches while safely behind a firewall.

Ken (the author of SetiQueue ~ and esteemed member of our team) has been informed of the importance of adding the feature to optionally suppress the IP address from display. As for the Email Address, you can fix that by examining this graphic and then, Click Here to log into the Seti User Account Area and make the recommended settings as shown. Submit the change and within one to two days your email address will no longer be visible within SetiQueue.

MISCELLANEOUS QUEUE LINKS:

This link will show you all the queues, and their current cache of WU's each:

Queue I: Queues on Team Cache I
Queue II: Queues on Team Cache II
Queue III: Queues on Team Cache III Retired
Queue IV: Queues on Team Cache IV Retired
Queue V: Queues on Team Cache V
Queue VI: Queues on Team Cache VI
Queue VII: Queues on Team Cache VII Retired

This link will show you all the clients. If you click on the WU Detail link at the bottom it will give you individual client statistics for all the clients:

Queue I: Clients on Team Cache I
Queue II: Clients on Team Cache II
Queue III: Clients on Team Cache III Retired
Queue IV: Clients on Team Cache IV Retired
Queue V: Clients on Team Cache V
Queue VI: Clients on Team Cache VI
Queue VII: Clients on Team Cache VII Retired

Perhaps this is the most important link of all. It will show what WU's have been completed by any client, which are waiting to be sent to Berkeley. The number of WU's in this display would not be credited to your WU count until they are sent up. Sometimes you know you've completed x WU's but your stats don't show the same number. Check in here to see if there's any you need to account for:

Queue I: Results on Team Cache I
Queue II: Results on Team Cache II
Queue III: Results on Team Cache III Retired
Queue IV: Results on Team Cache IV Retired
Queue V: Results on Team Cache V
Queue VI: Results on Team Cache VI
Queue VII: Results on Team Cache VII Retired

PROXY:PORT INFO FOR ALL TEAM QUEUES BELOW:

Note: Each of the Team Queues can be accessed either by IP address, or Domain name as shown here:

1. To use Team Queue I, your proxy:port can be:
Proxy: cache.futuregroup.com
Port: 5517
-or-
Proxy: 66.80.179.61

2. To use Team Queue II, your proxy:port can be:
Proxy: 63.113.217.41

3. To use Team Queue III, your proxy:port can be:
Proxy: 65.204.66.246
-or-
Proxy: setiq.shradernet.com

4. To use Team Queue IV, your proxy:port can be:
Proxy: dslr.seticache.co.uk
-or-
Proxy: 193.130.183.1

5. To use Team Queue V, your proxy:port can be:
Proxy: cache.siliconworksinc.net
-or-
Proxy: 209.41.227.227

6. To use Team Queue VI, your proxy:port can be:
Proxy: cache.silvertree.org
-or-
Proxy: merlin.silvertree.org
-or-
Proxy: 68.124.76.29

7. To use Team Queue VII, your proxy:port can be:
Proxy: [No steady IP yet, will update when available, just use domain name for now]
-or-
Proxy: skeebercat.servebeer.com

It is recommended where possible to use the IP versions of the above addresses where possible in case of DNS service failure.

Also, in some cases it may be necessary for a user who wants to use one of the Team Queues, to be assigned a "special" port number other than the ones listed above. Most users on Dial-Up or those who have a frequently changing IP address may need a special port number to keep their client descriptions from reverting to the IP each time they connect to upload or download a new Work Unit.

If you have any additional questions regarding Work Unit caching, feel free to post a public or private message to FutureMan, AnArky, The Doctor, Silicon Freak, B52GUNR or Skeebercat here in the Broadband Reports Team StarFire Seti Forum.

- FM