rcilink

Premium Member

new release: CYT 4.6 [beta]

cyt46_win32.zip
47,588 bytes
cyt 4.6 [beta]
New version of CYT.. 4.6
------------------------

Some testing has been done to ensure it actually will unlock a device. Since it is still in beta, test it and reply here with your results.

Some changes found in version 4.6:

- XML customization option. (USE OPTION 3 - set device IP - before selecting this option!) Use this to set your SIP settings and unlock / feed the settings to your device. The settings will be changed while unlocking the device. If you use this option, it is important to keep the XML format in the same order.. The XML parser does rough checking for validity... If you want to make a XML to config your device for another service, simply copy the 'generic-sample.xml' to 'generic.xml'. (You may use an XML editor to change tag values, but dont change the tag order.. cyt will not read it if the order is changed.)

- Custom 'Admin' and 'user' passwords can be set. This will allow you to unlock the device, and keep it secure.

- add DLINK to command line when trying to unlock a D-Link VTA (or VWR) device. Forgetting to do this may present you with 'security violation'.

------
Looking for anyone who can take the 'generic-sample.xml' and make changes for use with a SIP VoIP provider.. If you want it to be included with the next release, post it here.

If you do this, please use the 'generic-sample.xml' as a template. You can add missing XML tags, if needed.
MACD
join:2006-11-15
Redmond, WA

MACD

Does anyone know, when the FWD.xml will be released ?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by MACD:

Does anyone know, when the FWD.xml will be released ?
From whom do you expect FWD.xml will be released?

SDLostboy
@spacelink.com

SDLostboy

Anon

So, has anyone figured out how to patch -NA firmware so it can be loaded onto these, converting them once and for all? Rcilinks method for doing this on the wrtp54g worked really well. Would love to do it to a pap2.

-J

rcilink
Premium Member
join:2003-12-15
Manchester, NH

rcilink

Premium Member

The problem with making a "one size fits all" firmware for these devices is this:

- Linksys uses a different partition layout than the others
- Linksys partitions on RTP300/WRTP54G are different on PAP2v2
- LED driver is different on D-Link from Linksys.
- Different Code pattern codes for Linksys versions.
- Firmware upgrade by web interface much harder than failsafe loader.

- I am just thinking of some of the things..

---

I have tried:

- I loaded RTP300 firmware on the PAP2 v2.0 unit. It did run, somewhat. I had problems with the fact that the RTP300 is a 'router' with WAN and LAN interfaces. The PAP2 v2 has only one LAN port. It did come up, but on RTP300, LAN offers DHCP server-- on PAP2 v2, no DHCP server, just client.

- I am trying to avoid any major patching of firmware to do this trick, but it looks like we may end up having to repackage the RTP300 firmware with PAP2v2 overlayed to pick-up some of the things like DHCP client mode, no WAN port, etc.

on another project, I also had loaded PAP2 v2.0 firmware on the D-Link VTA device. Again, the project was to get the Asterisk PBX running, so it did not have the normal SIP package (ggsip) loaded.. So, it did run, but not a complete test. I will have to load a PAP2 v2.0 firmware without modification on this VTA device to verify if it will run the FXS ports with the D-Link VTA hardware layout.

To be serious with these kinds of projects, you either need a flash chip programmer, or a serial console cable. Without a tool like this, you risk making your device into something completely useless!

If anyone has expert googling abilities, please join this search:

We are looking for a firmware that is used on a Horstbox being sold as a D-Link DVA-G3342SB. This is the 'Professional' model (they also have a standard model).

If anyone can find the firmware for that model, we will be very close to done with a universal firmware for this hardware.

It appears that this specific D-Link device is released in Germany. Brush-up on your German skills and send some messages to those who own them. Perhaps they will kindly make a copy of the firmware. (either the actual file or using 'dd' on the device to copy off partitions..)

Thanks!
csayers
join:2006-08-21
canada

csayers

Horstbox Pro

There is much discussion about this device here:

»www.ip-phone-forum.de/fo ··· hp?f=549

The Files in question are here:

»www.maxina.de/downloads/ ··· iZohgoo/

although it looks like the device has two boards, one for the asterisk part and the other(the TI board) for the WLAN part, don't know if this is any help.

I used web translator on freetranslation.com babelfish didn't seem to work.

ninthbit_temp to rcilink

Anon

to rcilink

Re: new release: CYT 4.6 [beta]

I have a moto vt2442 from vonage. I've tried versions 3.5 3.9 and the 4.6beta. I know to use the MOTO tag cyt46 MOTO

I have a factory default setup, I'm logged into the router with the status page up just to be sure. I laungh CYT, the IP is good, I press 1 then enter and it hangs on XML Server started and device is Motorola Box.

My firewall is diabled. To be safe I tried a seperate PC on the network and telneted to the port and recieved the data dump.

Any help unlocking this thing is very appreciated.

rcilink
Premium Member
Manchester, NH

rcilink

Premium Member

when you login to your moto vt2442, can you copy the firmware version string to here? It is possible they have a new version out now.
ninthbit
join:2006-12-30
Twentynine Palms, CA

ninthbit

As requested:

Product Information
Model Number VT2442
HW Revision 3
Serial Number 159358615825890301015005
Ethernet MAC 00:17:EE:02:13:D3

Software Versions
Gateway 11.4.0-r060818-1.2.0 -r2
Boot Loader 1.3.3.1101
dariodario
join:2007-01-15
Virginia Beach, VA

dariodario to rcilink

to rcilink
AN OLD NEW METHOD TO UNLOCK WRTP54G 1.0.18 or 1.0.20

Even with this CYT 4.6 I wasn't able to unlock my WRTP54G.
I did it before, without any problem, but now, with this 1.0.18 I couldn't.
None of the CYT version were recognized.
SOLUTION:
- Thanks ricilink
- Thanks Mazilo
You both "inspired" me...
so:
IF the CYT doesn't go through the wrtp54g,
- link it to Internet (don't run any factory cd)
- factory reset it (keeping pressed the reset on the back)
- leave it for a bit (I left it overnight)
- switch off and start again the procedure, so
- access with 192.168.15.1 admin/admin
- forget any CYT, just
- go NOW into 192.168.15.1/update.htm user/tivonpw
(I know: it didn't work BEFORE! but it will work now!)
- update finally the FW

Other considerations:
- Somehow something changed, and I could access 192.168.15.1/update.htm with user/tivonpw that didn't work earlier!
- this kind of provisioning didn't change the FW release
- CYT seems not to be working with this piece.

I hope this can help some of our friends.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

For RTP300/WRTP54G (Vonage version), why not just use this to completely remove Vonage? I have mine done this way and I can freely factory reset it. I haven't tested to perform an upgrade with a non-NA firmware to find out if it will get relocked or not.

rcilink
Premium Member
Manchester, NH

rcilink to dariodario

Premium Member

to dariodario
Interesting post.

Was your WRTP54G with firmware 1.0.18 a "vonage" device?

I dont know about that firmware version. Has this device been disconnected from the Internet for several years?

I think the common version for WRTP54G (vonage) is/was 1.00.62. I have also seen 3.1.20, but am not sure if that one was pushed by Vonage yet.

Is your device already upgraded to a different version?
If not, I would be interested in seeing the version stamp. (»192.168.15.1/version.txt)
skypeuser
join:2005-03-08
United State

1 edit

skypeuser to dariodario

to dariodario
Thanks! I will try to see if I can update my firmware.
I have a wrtp54g with 1.00.18 firmware. This unit looks brand new. I don't know if it has ever been used on Vonage.
The tivonpw password doesn't work. I can't get to the update firmware page. I have tried several different options listed in this thread. Sofar I haven't been successful.I will post if this works. If others know how to upgrade my wrtp54g, I don't care what the method is I will appreciate it.

Thanks In Advance,
skypeuser

rcilink
Premium Member
Manchester, NH

rcilink

Premium Member

skypeuser, try this;

1. hook your wrtp54g up to the net and let it provision itself to vonage. It should be done in less than 1-2 minutes.

2. Once it has done that, try to get to the update.htm page with user / tivonpw. If that works, you can upgrade to unlocked fw.

Let us know how this works out.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to skypeuser

Premium Member

to skypeuser
said by skypeuser:

The tivonpw password doesn't work.
tivonpw is a user password assigned by Vonage through a provision. A factory default Linksys/Vonage WRTP54G has no such password for its user account.
dariodario
Virginia Beach, VA

dariodario to rcilink

to rcilink
It was NEW (with cellophane!)
Now, since I have unlocked it, after trying almost all known, I think that the mistake was not to link it to the web before.
(I have done it in the past with other wrtp54g with "normal" FW, and never had problems...)

QUESTION for using CYT whatever version:
AFTER unlocking either rtp300 or wrtp54g, I cannot use CYT again (onto UNLOCKED pieces)...
WHY?

rcilink
Premium Member
Manchester, NH

rcilink

Premium Member

Hmm,

Possibly, you are holding a WRTP54G unit with a really old firmware on it. Any chance you can hook it to the Internet and perform a Factory Reset on it?

Then, let it sit there for a half hour or less and see if it will update the firmware to 1.00.62 or something... ?

---------------
As for using CYT on unlocked units, CYT will not work on the firmware starting with v3.1.x versions. If you have updated the firmware, then it will not unlock using CYT.

If you unlocked a unit running 1.00.62, and hit the reset button (factory defaults), it should unlock again using CYT.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by rcilink:

Possibly, you are holding a WRTP54G unit with a really old firmware on it. Any chance you can hook it to the Internet and perform a Factory Reset on it?
Before hooking the router to the Internet to let it get provisioned by Vonage, is there a possibility this firmware has some flaws to allow firmware upgrades without even a login as user/Admin? If so, then there is a way to hack this.
dariodario
Virginia Beach, VA

dariodario to rcilink

to rcilink
rcilink, once again I have to honor you as a VOIP Guru, well supported by Mazilo and others!
Thanks to all of you for spending so much time in these forums.

I didn't know that FW 3.1.17 does not allow to use CYT and then a flash through my mind:

Is it possible that fonage uses now new FW making the CYT useless?
This could explain this unusual FW I found in my SEALED wrtp54g.

Is it 3.1.17 still the best we can use?

If I downgrade to 1.00.xx, as you said, I should be able to re-use CYT (I will try this evening on my other rtp300).

Finally,
IF with the wrtp54g the cyt doesn't work, do you think is possible to use similar (and complicate) procedure necessary for rt31p2 (HTFT server, Apache, xml, etc...)?

Keep going!
skypeuser
United State

skypeuser

dariodario

"rcilink, once again I have to honor you as a VOIP Guru, well supported by Mazilo and others!
Thanks to all of you for spending so much time in these forums."

Thanks, dariodario for your post which encouraged me to try again. I left me wrtp54g hook to my Internet connection many times. I was never able to update from 1.00.18 to 1.00.62 but as you have posted it is now working.

I also applaud the above mentioned Gurus. They have made unlocking my many linksys products possible. Thanks for sharing the knowledge you have.

skypeuser
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by skypeuser:

rcilink, once again I have to honor you as a VOIP Guru, ...
Hmmm ..., interesting. Perhaps, ATAs hacking is more appropriate here.

Regarding your Linksys/Vonage WRTP54G, can you manually perform a firmware upgrade? If you can, then perhaps you need to read this.
skypeuser
United State

1 edit

skypeuser

mazilo

You did not copy the full quote. You are included as one of the Gurus. I have already done what you suggest. The unit is now running firmware wrtp54g_fw_3.1.17_US.
Thanks again for your help!

skypeuser
dariodario
Virginia Beach, VA

dariodario to skypeuser

to skypeuser

wrtp54g killing fw 1.00.18 and similar

skypeuser,
Your success, encouraged by my post (as you said), made me feeling for a few seconds like being one of our Guru (Rcilink, Mazilo and Meister_SD, who I didn't mention before, but together with many others)....
Now I know "that" feeling, being a winner, of helping other users to be winners too!
T-H-A-N-K-S to all of you.
And... YES: fw 1.00.18 is hard to break, but it goes away after a bit of self-provisioning in Internet, and then user/tivonpw for the upgrade process! ENJOY
floriantet
join:2006-03-04
Rochester, MI

floriantet to ninthbit

to ninthbit

VT2442

I have two VT2442
Using CYT 46 I am able to reset Admin password or configure the one having the Software Version: 11.1.0-r060427-0.7.1 -r3 but not the one having Software Version: 11.4.0-r061120-1.2.1 -r1 . On the last one, Simple XML provision server is waiting for ever.
The setup is the same - I am just replacing the router box, everything else is the same so I guess is the firmware...
I have also tried old versions of CYT with no luck.

rcilink
Premium Member
Manchester, NH

rcilink

Premium Member

can you login as user/tivonpw and downgrade the firmware to the 11.1 version?
floriantet
join:2006-03-04
Rochester, MI

floriantet

Yes, downgrading was the trick, thanks

dan27
@bezeqint.net

dan27

Anon

can you help me with a link to the firemware 11.1 of the VT2442 so i can download and unlkock the device
bingbing
join:2006-07-07
philippines

bingbing to rcilink

to rcilink

Re: new release: CYT 4.6 [beta]

thanks very much for this release. i have put an old rtp300 to good use again. unlike the old versions, this one worked immediately. only downside is that it seems to work with only 1 line. any newer versions that will allow me to use both line 1 & 2?