All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
comblast
join:2007-01-08
San Francisco, CA

comblast

cable modem rental fee scam

I've seen many posts about this issue but didn't find anything recent discussing the following wrinkle.

From the numerous reports that Comcast erroneously charges HSI cable modem rental fees to customers who own their modems, I gather this tactic might be fairly widespread.

I first obtained Comcast HSI service under a promotion requiring me to purchase a "self-install kit" including the cable modem. There was a rebate from Comcast for the cost of the modem, but there is no question that I purchased it and own it.

I typically pay my bills online. The online statements are different, and less detailed, than the paper statements. There was never a reference to the cable modem. YEARS after I had commenced service, I noticed a cryptic reference stating "rent modem," but it was below the the area where the services and charges were listed and was not itemized with a corresponding fee. Also, it was on a line that continued with an advertisement. So, somewhere below the listed charge for HSI service, the bill stated something like "Rent modem. Try out our all new program packages..." Even when I first saw this, I didn't think it had anything to do with me; I thought it was some aspect of their latest sales pitch.

The paper bill was no more informative, and did not separately itemize the cable modem rental fee.

Just to be sure, though, I went online and had the following "live chat" session with a customer service rep:

[Me] (Wed Nov 8 08:43:31 PST 2006)> My bill includes the notation "Rent Modem" when describing the internet services I purchase. Thus, it states: "HSI Without Cable 59.95
Rent Modem...." I do not rent my modem. I purchased my modem at a retail store before my comcast HSI was connected. Can you please tell me why this continues to appear on my bill? Am I being charged for modem rental? Will I be expected to return a modem to comcast when I discontinue service?
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:44:05 PST 2006)> Ok. Am I chatting with [customer]?
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:44:15 PST 2006)> yes
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:44:23 PST 2006)> Hello [customer].
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:44:25 PST 2006)> hi
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:45:07 PST 2006)> For your protection, I will need you to verify one of the following before I can discuss any account specific information: the last 4 digits of the primary account holder’s SSN, OR the full 16-digit account number, OR the exact amount of the most recent payment made to the account.
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:45:35 PST 2006)> please wait just one moment
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:45:46 PST 2006)>Ok.
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:46:24 PST 2006)>My last payment was $XX.XX.
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:47:26 PST 2006)>Thank you. do you have a receipt for your modem?
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:47:46 PST 2006)>I'm sorry nevermind.
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:47:53 PST 2006)>Probably, but it was quite some time ago that I purchased it. I'd have to look.
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:48:03 PST 2006)> I see notations on the account, I will remove the modem charge for you.
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:48:30 PST 2006)>will I be reimbursed for the prior rental payments I've made?
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:48:50 PST 2006)>I can credit you for the last 6 months.
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:49:06 PST 2006)>Is that how long I was charged modem rental?
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:50:31 PST 2006)>No. I can only credit you back the last 6 months, [customer].
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:50:46 PST 2006)>Could you explain that please?
[3-minute pause]
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:53:36 PST 2006)>The charges would have needed to be disputed in a six month period, that is why I am unable to credit you back any further than that.
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:54:03 PST 2006)>Is that time limitation in the customer agreement or somewhere else?
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:55:21 PST 2006)>And if you do not dispute that I was wrongly charged modem rental, why would you rely on the time limitation anyway? It seem very unfair to me.
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:55:19 PST 2006)>Yes, that's correct it is.
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:55:54 PST 2006)>How much is the modem rental fee?
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 11:56:05 PST 2006)>3.00 monthly
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:56:48 PST 2006)>I'll have to check, but I don't think that charge was always itemized on my bill, because I did not notice it until recently.
[Me](Wed Nov 8 08:57:55 PST 2006)>Well, I'd appreciate your reimbursing me whatever you will, and I'll have to pursue the rest later. I'm not happy with this resolution. It seems comcast clearly made a billing error, and it's not making it right.
Daniel(Wed Nov 8 12:00:11 PST 2006)>I can understand why you would be upset. I have credited your account in the amount of: 18.00
[Me](Wed Nov 8 09:00:40 PST 2006)>Thank you. Is there a particular person or address to whom I should send further communications about this?
[Of course not; I got the regular billing phone number and the corporate address.]"

Here's the situation. Comcast knew when I first started service that I bought my modem. It was part of a self-install kit I had to buy in order to get the promotion. No technician or installer came to my house to install anything or to bring any equipment. Nevertheless, it began charging me $3 per month for modem rental, without indicating on the bill that it did so. Compare my description of my own bill to the sample bills on comcast's website used to help people understand their statements. On those, the cable modem rental fee is clearly set forth as a separate, itemized charge, and the amount is separate from the total. On all of my bills, I was charged one flat amount for cable HSI.

Comcast writes its contracts to require customers to dispute billing errors within 6 months. This might be a facially reasonable provision setting forth a time period to dispute charges that clearly appear on the bill. When a customer has no way to know he or she is being charged, however, applying the 6-month limitation is simply unconscionable. Comcast does not dispute that it erroneously charged me $3 per month for many more than six months. Yet the customer service rep said he lacked authorization to credit me more than 6 months. (And notice that I had to ask even to get that.) I was given no indication that anyone would be able to authorize the credit for the overcharge Comcast does not dispute.

These kinds of irrational, one-sided, revenue-producing tricks are what drive customers crazy and away from continuing service with these outfits. The problem is the providers are all pretty much the same, assuming you have a choice at all. I can't think of many I haven't had some kind of similar dispute with.

After this billing experience, I chose a provider other than comcast when I had to get broadband at another address, even though I think Comcast HSI works better. I'm doing without TV reception because Comcast is the only deal there.

Because these companies make more money by engaging in these tactics than they lose by customers defecting to other providers, they'll continue to use them unless regulators go after each one of them for each of these things they do, and that will never happen.

Whether or not you buy your cable modem, triple-check your bill and then call anyway to make sure you know what that total charge includes. And even if one person tells you everything is OK, call a second time, because it wouldn't be all that unusual to get a different answer.

DreamWraith
Premium Member
join:2004-04-07
Mount Vernon, WA

DreamWraith

Premium Member

If you really, truly beleive it is some massive conspiracy by comcast to charge the very small portion of users whom own their own modem that rental fee, then I am afraid there is nothing anyone here can say that would be of any use.

Once you get to the point of writing 3 pages of conspiracy theory about something, you most likely wont be dissuaded.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to comblast

Premium Member

to comblast
I'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of your bill that makes it so confusing. I own my own modem and don't know how it is listed if you rent one. My bill states it as:

Faster Speed Includes: Customer Owned Modem and $15.00 Discount For Comcast Cable Customers

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

dadkins to comblast

MVM

to comblast

Online Payment statement

Itemized PDF of paper statement
When I signed up for Comcast, I got the free Tech install and I had my own modem.
All went fine.
First bill came and there was the $3.00 charge on the bill. I IMMEDIATELY called and they corrected the issue and credited the $3.00 to the next bill.

Seeing as the price for HSI is more or less set in stone, didn't you notice a descrepency in the price?
Itemized or not, if the due ammount is more than what the price is for your level of service, you should have noticed.

See pic.
This is my TV and HSI online bill.
if there were a $3.00 add on(aside from taxes/surcharges), it would be noticeable.

Personally, I look at my bills before paying them.
YMMV.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to comblast

Premium Member

to comblast
I purchased a modem at a retail store, brought it home, connected, and could not get it registered because Comcast's server that does that was offline for 3 days. CSRs informed me there was nothing I could do because the registration server was offline to them as well. So, I waited, finally got online. When first bill came, I noticed the $3 modem rental charge. I called and was told I would have to provide proof that the modem was mine. I drove to the office and showed them the receipt and box, they said it would be taken care of. Next month, modem rental fee. Again I was told I would have to provide proof. Again I went to the office with receipt. Next month, modem rental fee yet again... this continued for 6 months, and I did not pay the $3 fee each month, I subtracted that from what I owed. Comcast finally stopped adding the $3 fee, yet they then tried to say my account was "past due" because I hadn't paid them the rental fee. I even got a letter from a collections agency.

Nice customer service. So efficient and helpful. (that is sarcasm, btw).

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

1 edit

1 recommendation

gar187er to comblast

to comblast
comblast-you got a copy of your bill? it should be plain as day...

Morty7
Premium Member
join:2004-09-18

1 recommendation

Morty7 to comblast

Premium Member

to comblast
It's not a scam, it's an order entry error. Someone enters a code that says internet with modem rent, instead of internet with owned modem. It's pretty easy to tell from looking at your bill, A) it will tell you. B) your bill will be $3 more per month.

They typically won't credit you more then 6 months because they do not have unlimited access to your previous bills in their computer system. After at least 6 months, your bills are removed from the electronic archive and usually moved to microfilm.

Technically Comcast does not need to credit you past two months as per their Terms of Service, unless otherwise required to by law. But they usually will.

"Billing Errors: Subject to applicable law, you must notify us of any billing errors or other requests for refund within sixty (60) days of the date on which the error occurred."

rottnpup
join:2000-08-04
Minneapolis, MN

rottnpup

Thats funny when I view my statements online I have a history of 13 months. Why would I have a bigger history available online then the customer service representive has??

MadMANN3
Premium Member
join:2005-08-19

1 recommendation

MadMANN3 to comblast

Premium Member

to comblast
I had a customer during the SusCom era who called in for a trouble call because they were getting only Basic channels and they were paying for Standard cable. I show up and the woman tells me that it has been this way for 9 months! I go to the tap and sure enough, there is a trap on her line and her line had the wrong ID tag. The only thing I can guess is that one of her neighbors downgraded their service 9 months ago to basic and the tech trapped what he thought was the correct line according to the tag. But because the customer didn't call it in right away, there was no basis for a credit. She told me that she just didn't have time to report it. (CS is open 24 hours a day.) She wanted 9 months worth of credit for not having all of her channels for that time. I escalated it and I think she received 2 months as a courtesy.

Point of the story? ANY, and I mean ANY problems with any aspect of your service from any company needs to be brought to attention as soon as possible, otherwise you don't have a leg to stand on, even if it is a company mistake.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to comblast

Premium Member

to comblast
not that it matters but facts dont really add up. 1. a self install for a non cable sub that the sub claims didnt require a tech visit. 2. a modem rebate from comcast from a retailer with a self install kit. (modem rebates come from manufactures or when purchased from comcast). not that it matters but it shows how memorys fade.

Morty7
Premium Member

Morty7 to rottnpup

Premium Member

to rottnpup
said by rottnpup:

Thats funny when I view my statements online I have a history of 13 months. Why would I have a bigger history available online then the customer service representive has??
"After at least 6 months, your bills are removed from the electronic archive and usually moved to microfilm."

It depends, I didn't say when they do and it changes per market, usually they go back about 12 months.
Morty7

Morty7 to MadMANN3

Premium Member

to MadMANN3
said by MadMANN3:

Point of the story? ANY, and I mean ANY problems with any aspect of your service from any company needs to be brought to attention as soon as possible, otherwise you don't have a leg to stand on, even if it is a company mistake.
Very very true. I think you only have 30 days to dispute credit card charges too... and some of those can be quite big
FanaticGamer
join:2006-10-16
Jacksonville, FL

FanaticGamer to rottnpup

to rottnpup
to Rottnpup: More than likely its because you have access to one account. I have access to.... almost thousands of accts. There has to be a stoppage somewhere to have all those accounts in One Database right?
-FG

rottnpup
join:2000-08-04
Minneapolis, MN

rottnpup

Don't know, I just thought it kinda interesting that I had access to thirteen months. I would have thought that the information I got came from the same database.....but who the heck knows??

I agree that if you have a problem with your service it is your responsibility to bring attention to it as soon as possible, and that six months should be plenty of time.
FanaticGamer
join:2006-10-16
Jacksonville, FL

FanaticGamer

Off the top of my head I want to say no, But I can't verify that. The Electronic Statements that you get in LOOKS exactly the same, but I'm not sure how to tell. Now there are "Records" Past Six Months, is just it does require some research to look it up. The Database that CAEs have contact with after a certain time is purged, for example if an acct that was discoed in 1994, 90 percent of the time, no one will call in about that account, so its wasted space. So that info as far as Billing Ledgers and Monthly Electronic Statements are moved to another database. Now if it still has a balance on it, then yes I would see it, because that could be pertinent info if someone does call in about it. Its funny, because I did have someone call in stating that they were paying for Internet Service for 12 Months and never had a computer. There were two problems with that story.
1. It was a self install kit that he picked up.
2. The Modem had an IP address when I pulled the modem, showing activity as well as it was walked through registration that same day. I discoed him at his request, but there was no way I would have credited the account for that. He was past due a month, so I guess he was looking for a break. He never called back, paid his bill and got CDV Later!!!
-FG

beerbum
Premium Member
join:2000-05-06
behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

beerbum to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

not that it matters but facts dont really add up. 1. a self install for a non cable sub that the sub claims didnt require a tech visit. 2. a modem rebate from comcast from a retailer with a self install kit. (modem rebates come from manufactures or when purchased from comcast). not that it matters but it shows how memorys fade.
dunno about your area, I do remember in my market when HSI first started, Comcast ran a promo with Best Buy and Circuit City where if you bought the modem (along with the self install kit for $0.01), if you brought the receipt for the modem to the local office, they would credit you the price of the modem..

I do recall that was short lived tho due to the massive number of service calls for SIK failures..

on the other part, I did find it odd the OP did a SIK and is being billed for HSI without cable.. people tend to find it kind of hard to do a SIK without active cable

Quaoar
join:2004-08-11
Fort Collins, CO

Quaoar to comblast

to comblast
Want a clear, clean resolution? Post your exact message above to www.consumerist.com . Consumerist has a good rep for having these types of corporate slights-of-hand exposed for what they are and informing the corp that people are keeping an eye on their rights as consumers.

Do it!

Q
71131305 (banned)
KA Tradewiz50. Yup I'm back baby
join:2007-01-09
Newark, DE

71131305 (banned) to comblast

to comblast
It's not something the evil empire has devised to screw you out of an extra $3.00 a month. People make mistakes. Your best bet is to go to your local office and talk to them face to face.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by 71131305:

It's not something the evil empire has devised to screw you out of an extra $3.00 a month. People make mistakes. Your best bet is to go to your local office and talk to them face to face.
Didn't help me any. Took me almost a year to get Comcast to finally admit they errored and to stop trying to collect a debt I didn't owe them. It took me another 6 months to get them to take the collections notice off of my credit report.

theelviscerator
join:2000-11-16
Elkhart, IN

theelviscerator to comblast

to comblast
Well I guess you should let your bill go overdue more then 6 months then tell them you cant pay them anything over six months old...LOL>...
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5 to comblast

Premium Member

to comblast
Sorry Comblast, but I can't agree with you in any respect.
First, I think that a 6 month limit on disputing billing errors is entirely reasonable and it's consistent with many laws of our land that assign a statute of limitations on many things that might go wrong, mistakes that are made, and even crimes that are committed.

In fact, generally speaking, only the worst of the worst crimes carry with them no statute of limitations.

And this is hardly any crime we're talking about here.

You have admitted that you've received statements, and that in fact those statements even contain the "rent modem" statement on them.

Any reasonable person would question that from the start I think, particularly at the beginning of their relationship with the provider.

Didn't you research how much this service would cost prior to signing up for it? Certainly if you did, the two numbers wouldn't have matched in what you expected to pay and then were paying each month. Obviously you did research it enough to have even ordered a self install kit...obviously seeking to save money versus a comcast installing it for you.

What happened here..plain and simple..is that for months and even years on end..you just never bothered to look.
And then, one day..saw it and decided to pursue it.

Whether or not you feel you should be fully reimbursed, what's reasonable needs to take precedence here and you should accept responsibility for not having pursued this long ago. MISTAKES..do happen. By people..and by companies.
And if everyone were to be held accountable for everything and anything that they ever did in business or in life..until the day they cease to exist..this would be one very screwed up world in the legal sense.

Can you imagine someone long after the fact coming back at you years later for something that now, you don't even have records to look at and to defend yourself?
Can you imagine the IRS coming after you saying they just discovered an error on your 1985 tax return?
It doesn't work that way. Even they, the great collector of all collectors, have a statute of limitations they must abide by. Because YOU can't reasonably expect to have held onto every record for years on end.

You see how easy it was for you to get it corrected once you made the simple phone call, right? The fact that you didn't make it years ago isn't their fault.

In the whole grand scheme of things, did you lose out? Yes.
But there was also a price to pay yourself for your negligence in not pursuing this much earlier.

And that price is anything you paid prior to 6 months ago.
Rick5

2 edits

Rick5 to theelviscerator

Premium Member

to theelviscerator
said by theelviscerator:

Well I guess you should let your bill go overdue more then 6 months then tell them you cant pay them anything over six months old...LOL>...
that's a very good point and comparison. Were you aware that there are such laws on the books for debts you owe?
The time limits vary by state and the kinds of debts..but most if not all of them have a statute of limitations and if the time passes and that debt continues to go uncollected..LEGALLY..someone cannot try to collect that debt from you.

That's not to say that many collection agencies don't try.
But, if you were sued..your one and only defense would have to be...
The statute of limitations has...EXPIRED.

Case..closed.

Here's an example. Let's say you live in Florida. You take out a credit card...and rack up a 20,000 balance.
You stop paying on it. If that lender then decided 4 years and 1 month from that date to sue you..they would LOSE the case.
Your ONLY defense would have to be..the statute of limitations expired.
(credit cards are open ended agreements)
»www.creditrepairkitsoftw ··· its.html

And now, consider what this is. The OP has had a billing ERROR. And that error showed up month after month in the statements he received. And for apparently YEARS, he did nothing about it.
This is far less in terms of money than the situation above could involve..and comcast, with one phone call corrected it..and then gave back 6 months of it.
Honestly, I don't think he'd stand a snowballs chance in he** of every winning more in a court case. And obviously, for that kind of money, it would be foolish to even pursue it.

Honest mistakes like this aren't going to carry much weight in a court system as far as limitations go.
Especially when that mistake has been apparent to the OP for so long..Or SHOULD have been apparent.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Rick5:

said by theelviscerator:

that's a very good point and comparison. Were you aware that there are such laws on the books for debts you owe?
The time limits vary by state and the kinds of debts..but most if not all of them have a statute of limitations and if the time passes and that debt continues to go uncollected..LEGALLY..someone cannot try to collect that debt from you.

Case..closed.
I may be wrong, but I can recall and instance where the statute of limitation is 'renewed' when the collection agency 'sells' the debt to another collection agency?
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5

Premium Member

said by Robert:
said by Rick5:
said by theelviscerator:

Case..closed.
I may be wrong, but I can recall and instance where the statute of limitation is 'renewed' when the collection agency 'sells' the debt to another collection agency?
Nope. Everything stays the same. Including the dates it remains on your credit bureau reports.

One very important point though is that if at any point you pay even on cent on that account..you RENEW everything.
and, if you even PROMISE to pay and then don't..legally they could argue that as well, assuming they could prove it.

Actually, one of the worst things people can do from a legal strategy is to pay a long overdue account.
You're better off usually just letting the statute of limitations wipe out that obligation for you..and the time limits for credit reporting to take it off your record.

Of course, this all varies by state and situation.

One thing that doesn't usually expire though for a very long time..is a judgement..if they sue you prior to the SOL taking effect.
Usually, those judgements can last decades..and even be renewed.
It's tough to escape a judgement.

Bungie
Ninjalo
join:2002-10-29
Saint Paul, MN

1 recommendation

Bungie

I didn't read the entire thread but, up until today, I have rented a modem. It's clearly presented on my bill, as a seperate entry.

Apologize if someone already brought it up.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert to Rick5

Premium Member

to Rick5
said by Rick5:

One very important point though is that if at any point you pay even on cent on that account..you RENEW everything.
and, if you even PROMISE to pay and then don't..legally they could argue that as well, assuming they could prove it.

That may have been what I was recalling

Tax Lawyer
@comcast.net

Tax Lawyer to comblast

Anon

to comblast
The IRS comparison doesn't hold water, because under the tax code, once they have discovered fraudulent behavior, theIRS can go back as far as they wish, there is no statute of limitations in the case of TAX FRAUD.

I checked my bill a few weeks ago, I had upgraded my existing service 4 months ago with a triple play offer for existing clients. When the installed the EMTA they took my leased modem. My bill included a $3 charge for modem rental and a $3 charge for telephone equipment. A call to Comcast netted me a refund and a correction to my bill. They should have only charged me $3 for the EMTA.
matrix3D
join:2006-09-27
Middletown, CT

1 edit

matrix3D to comblast

to comblast
I wouldn't be surprised. I believe many companies in this country use tactics such as charging erroneous fees "in error" in an attempt to collect extra revenue while providing absolutely nothing in return except for poor customer service. The second person in this thread said something to the effect of "do you honestly believe there's a conspiracy for Comcast to collect such a small fee from you?" No, I'm sure they don't. But they have a valid point -- what happens to that "small" $3 a month charge if Comcast is suddenly making the same "mistake" with about half of their HSI subscribers in the country? Let's see... that's approximately 6 million people times $3 a piece... wow! That's an extra $18 MILLION PER MONTH in revenue for doing absolutely nothing other than making a "mistake!"

I honestly believe many companies use these tactics because they know full well that a good majority of the people they "mistakenly overbill" will either not catch the "mistake" or they will simply pay it because they do not feel it to be worth their effort in pursuing the matter. I honestly feel that if Congress were to pass a law tomorrow making companies legally liable (and billable by consumers for having to waste their time fixing the companies' "mistakes"), you would see many of these "errors" disappear overnight.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by matrix3D:

I wouldn't be surprised. I believe many companies in this country use tactics such as charging erroneous fees "in error" in an attempt to collect extra revenue while providing absolutely nothing in return except for poor customer service. The second person in this thread said something to the effect of "do you honestly believe there's a conspiracy for Comcast to collect such a small fee from you?" No, I'm sure they don't. But they have a valid point -- what happens to that "small" $3 a month charge if Comcast is suddenly making the same "mistake" with about half of their HSI subscribers in the country? Let's see... that's approximately 6 million people times $3 a piece... wow! That's an extra $18 MILLION PER MONTH in revenue for doing absolutely nothing other than making a "mistake!"

About a year ago there was an article (and later a news report) about how Cell Phone Companies charge "in error" 1-5 cents/mo. on customer bills and how most customers just ignore it since it's only a couple of cents. But it turned out that the cell phone company was ranking half a million to a million a month becuase of those "error" fees that nobody reported.

That is why when I see even 1 cent extra on my bill, I call. NOT because I'm cheap and want that 1 cent, but because if they did it to me, they have surely done it to others and they are makin ga killing.

Morty7
Premium Member

Morty7

Premium Member

There was also a report that says on average most people are incorrectly billed via EFT and recurring credit card payments 5-6 times per year!

As for the modem rental fee, it is not a scam. The problem is always caused by someone somewhere adding the wrong rate code by either not knowing the difference, or not taking the time to notice what they are doing or ask someone -- no plotting involved. If Comcast really wanted to make more money, they'd just up the rates but at the current time, due to subscriber growth, there is no need.