waynegilbert
Blessed
Premium
join:2004-09-26
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

15 recommendations

Spotlight On! [Tag your it]

After reading Gemologist See Profile recent post we should take time to learn more about our photographers here. So in this thread I will tag someone and they will tell us a little bit about themselves without mentioning anything about photography. After their post the person selected will tag another until we get to know each other a little
better

If you wish to include your latest self portrait makes it even better.

I tag B52GUNR See Profile

B52GUNR
KM 7D love and D3 Nirvana
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-06
Vallejo, CA

24 recommendations

KONICA MAXXUM 7D
35mm 1/160th F13 ISO200

Great Thanks, Wayne, no, really . OK, I can't mention anything about photography. Alrighty then...

Well, unless you couldn't guess, I served in the USAF for four years, I flew as a gunner on B-52 and I served during Desert Storm.

As of today, my day job is a project manager but I'm really starting to gain a lot of business in my business I'm not allowed to mention and hopefully in a year it will be full time.

I've been married for just over nine years, we've been home owners for over 2 and our four legged companion recently celebrated his second birthday.

Most folks by now know that I am one of those who doesn't candy coat my opinion and I call it how I see it. However, I also admit when I'm wrong or crossed over line.

I like to challenge myself and nothing is worse than being in a rut.

I am also willing to bet I'm the tallest person who frequents this forum as I stand at just over 6'10" tall and tip in at 290 pounds.

And now I tag Edit This See Profile
--
Some assembly required, your mileage may vary, no pixels were harmed in the writing of this post. Brain cells, though, are a different matter. You want fries with that?

TigerNutz
Laissez les bons temps rouler
Premium
join:2000-12-23
Little Rock, AR

1 edit

1 recommendation

you don't look tall in that pic, hell, I can't even see your legs....

edit: good idea Wayne!

Edit This
Premium
join:2001-05-08
kudos:6

2 edits

30 recommendations

reply to B52GUNR
I have been very happily married for 21 years. No kids. My wife and I never had the desire to have any.

I am a Mental Health Worker and have been for 26 years. I started working in an enormous State Mental Institution when I was 20 years old and when that closed I transitioned into the community where I assisted severely mentally ill people with essentially living their lives on a day to day basis. I currently work on a 15 bed sub-acute mental health and addiction services unit. Pretorious See Profile you're it.

[att=1]
--
I post therefore I am.

My friend Flickr.

Pretorious
Theres more behind the pic than the wall
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-08

1 edit

28 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Click for full size
EASTMAN KODAK CX4300 DIGITAL CAMERA
7.6mm 1/30th F3.5 ISO140

Great topic waynegilbert See Profile!

Well well, where to start. My wife and me have been married 29 years! Whoa! We have two children which actually aren't children anymore, daughter 26 and son 18, we now have a grandson who will turn 4 this year.

I've worked at about everything known to man at one time or another, started as a kid of 15 as a factory worker, over the years moved on to banking which I was in for several years and worked everything there except being a teller, my main job over the longest time I was in banking was data security, I then decided to go back to college when I was 29. I've since earned several degrees in various things, electronics, computer programming etc... I've owned my own computer business for nearly 10 years and on occasion do some VP networking security work for Sam.

It's very likely I may have met some of you at one time or another as I was into the music business very deeply during all this time and we played all over the eastern US as a band known as Oasis, so if anyone remembers that band in the 70's - 80's or seen us you seen a different and younger side of me back then.

»/speak/slidesh···02NDA%3D
This link is to the "getting to know you" thread, it actually is the latest picture taken of me shot in Nov. Usually don't have the beard, just something this winter for a change and no, I didn't lose a bet. lol And the pic attached to this post is what I really look like now, (minus the beard) I think it was shot in Oct. or Nov. of 06. And that is the short version.

Tag iSpark See Profile! Taker away bro!

EDIT: Typo: Actually the attached pic was 05.

--
My other Gallery

Catman
Coasting On Lifes Highway
Premium
join:2003-03-13
Pineville, WV

2 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Excellent idea. The man behind the internet mask.

Edit This, not only do I admire your photography, I now admire you for your profession. You are an amazing person for what you do.

TigerNutz
Laissez les bons temps rouler
Premium
join:2000-12-23
Little Rock, AR

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by Catman:

Edit This, not only do I admire your photography, I now admire you for your profession. You are an amazing person for what you do.
I second that!

and......has anyone told you that you bear a resemblance to a "certain" someone that worked a radio talk show in Seattle a few years back?

laddyospanik
Premium
join:2001-05-03
Elkridge, MD
reply to waynegilbert
Hi,
Great idea! How about telling us something about yourself with a picture?

iSpark
Premium
join:2000-07-17
Conway, SC

25 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
psst..Tag, you're it!
I'm it?
Yeah,
Ok...,
You sure?
Yep!

..what to put in the blanks...lol

A great idea BTW!

Well here goes,

I am 41, hopefully, I will mark another notch this August. I graduated from a small Christian school way back in '83. After school I went to work with my dad and have been there ever since, we make dental prosthesis, Dentures, Crowns, Partials...etc;

I have been married for 20 years to a wonderful woman, who is my best friend!, we have 2 boys, 14 and 11, nothing in the world would I trade for that. Simply amazing.

Some of my hobbies have ranged from, driving a race car on a dirt track at a NASCAR sanctioned track, to building homes out of steel. My wife and I, 3 years ago, built our home ourselves with the help of a few friends and family members, it took a year, but we did it!

I like to mess with computers and I seem to be the family and friends "PC Tech dude", Like I really know anything...lol

Between family and work, I try to find time to do stuff I can't mention in this thread.

And here I am.

Canon EOS 5D
100mm 1/125th F8 ISO100

and I now tag: HogRider See Profile
--
My Flickr Page.
4 out of the 5 voices in my head are saying Go For It!
Try not to let your mind wonder, it's much to small to be outside alone!

waynegilbert
Blessed
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to laddyospanik
said by laddyospanik:

Hi,
Great idea! How about telling us something about yourself with a picture?
Sure when I get tagged its only fair

HogRider
Premium
join:2002-01-16
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit

23 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Well thanks iSpark See Profile, I was afraid of something like that - lol.

Here is a quick rundown.

I am in the late 40s, and a May Gemini. I live in North Phoenix and enjoy travel, my Harley, Muscle Cars, hiking, shooting, fishing - mostly usual typical guy stuff. I don't care for Football or Basketball but dig Nascar, Drag Racing and Airplanes (anything that's loud and fast). I don't like large crowds unless completely unavoidable. I listen to a variety of Music from Southern Rock to Ambient Electronica.
A Motorcycle trip to a remote location, where there aren't any people, any thrash, clean air and great photo motives would be my idea of a perfect vacation. No pets, no kids - just peace and freedom

Edit: Had a whole article here about my Photography/camera history but deleted it after re-reading the original post.

The pic is a recent one from September and is a reflection in the hood of a 55' Chevy.

I'll tag Brainless See Profile

Sept 2006

Brainless
Premium
join:2000-12-15
Nicholasville, KY

21 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Click for full size
EASTMAN KODAK Z7590 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
6.3mm 1/8th F2.8 ISO140

Grrrr....

I dont have a good photo of myself. What photographer does? This is one of me working at the computer.

Ok, here it is. I was born in Florida, raised in Pennsylvania, lived in South Georgia (did you know there are only 3 last names there?), and now am in Missouri. I started out as a kid working for a photographer. Mostly lugging a lot of equipment around and developing film and pushing prints through the huge drum dryer.

Second job was working for my aunt in Florida. She was a commercial artist. Did a lot of cut and paste (the manual way).

I have worked as a commercial artist or draftsman almost all my life. I have tried to have my own business a few times, but found it too much. I am not good at sales, and Im too quick to tell someone "Go kiss a cows butt".

I have a Daughter and a Grandson that I never hear from. I am on my second marriage. I have a sweet Wife. She is sweet at home, but you dont want to meet her at work. She is a district manager for a pay-day-loan company.

Up until lately, photography has been out of reach for me to do as a hobby. Now that everything has gone digital, I have once again gotten back into photography as a hobby. My other hobbies are fishing and woodworking.

Hmmm... Who do I want to pick on... NoSpamz4Me! Your it!
Expand your moderator at work

NoSpamz4Me
What's This Button For?
Premium
join:2006-02-21
Hugo, MN

21 recommendations

reply to Brainless

Re: Spotlight On! [Tag your it]

Click for full size
Hewlett-Packard hp photosmart 735
5.9mm 1/917th F4.9 ISO100

Gee thanks, Brainless See Profile!
Well, I've never been much for being in the spotlight. But here goes.

My name is Tim. My friends call me Timmy!!!(it's a South Park reference). I'll be 42 in July. Happily single, currently living in Minnesota, and working in the I/T industry at a nuke facility. I've been a lot of things up to this point. Farm hand, sheet rocker, framer, laborer, soldier, mechanic, printer, and even worked in the health food industry for a brief period.

I'm sort of a loner. I hang out with a very small group of people, but they're some of the best you'll ever meet. I enjoy drinking to excess at times I like loud music. I'm a frustrated guitar/ bass player. I love to hop on the bike and just ride. I've been told I'm funny. At least once I get to know you anyway.

I've gone through kind of a black period over the past 4 years or so. Lost several friends and family members. Death, pain, and misery suck. It's amazing how deep and dark the hole is that this stuff can knock you into. That's one of the reasons I picked up a camera. Trying to find the beauty in things again. It's working. Life is good

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. A sad happy frustrated guitar bass playing picture taking nuclear I/T biker! The picture Posted here is from 2004. I took off on a solo trip for 4 days on the bike, and ended up in the Black Hills. Good times!!

And as for who is thrust into the spotlight next? Let's go with JRSlater8 See Profile
--
There are some who call me.....Tim?

MrFixitCT
pay it forward
Premium,VIP,ExMod 2001-06
join:2000-12-01
Charleston, SC

1 edit
reply to waynegilbert
good idea for a thread

JRSlater8
Do or do not... there is no try
Premium
join:2004-08-12

2 edits

24 recommendations

reply to NoSpamz4Me
Oh crap! Was hoping I'ld have more time!

Canon EOS 20D
18mm 1/20th F4.5 ISO1600

I am originally from Maine, upon graduation from high school I entered the US Army, where I served for eight years. While serving in the Army I was sent to the Republic of Panama, met and married my wife and this April will be our 18th year together. I have one son who will be 17 this year. We also have two dogs and one cat. I am currently employed by the United States Army as a civilian. I am currently living in Wild, Wonderful West Virginia!

Now it's only fair to tag the originator, so waynegilbert See Profile Tag, your it!

EDIT: waynegilbert See Profile's comment reminded me that I forgot to add something. I also turned 39 last November.
--
»shootingforacause.com/
»www.pbase.com/jrslater

waynegilbert
Blessed
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

21 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Click for full size
Canon PowerShot S2 IS
9.5mm 1/60th F4

Me & My Soulmate
Thanks I was hoping to be the last one JRSlater8 See Profile only because I rather know more about my fellow forum members but here it goes.

My name is Ahem Uhmm.. Wayne LOL!

Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY YaaY! We celebrated my 39th birthday back in November. Currently living in the Midwood section of Brooklyn with my wife of 18 wonderful years and still going stronger. We currently have no children but who knows what will happen next

Back in 2002 I spent two weeks plus in the hospital near death for a couple of reasons first was diabetes related second was a major bloodclot in my leg which required surgery to place a umbrella in body to avoid travelling. So we all have our aches and pains. Recently I had a fight with a ladder score ladder 1 me 0 tests came back ok but I'm taking it easy.

In my spare time I like to read, draw and relax on the keyboards or play a little blues on one of my guitars. I used to collect robots, Japanese action figures and airplanes go figure. Right now I'm totally into meditation and just taking each day as it comes.

Always the working class dog and man did I work from age 15 non stop to the present. At the moment am working two jobs one from home and the other well you might already know about that one.

Wake up stop Zzzzzzzzzzzz LOL!
I now TAG sillzez See Profile

NoSpamz4Me
What's This Button For?
Premium
join:2006-02-21
Hugo, MN

1 recommendation

reply to waynegilbert
It looks like those of us with beards have the rest of you outnumbered right now. I sincerely hope sillzez See Profile does not continue that trend
--
There are some who call me.....Tim?

sillzez
Sunkissed Shelly
Premium
join:2002-06-21
Schwenksville, PA

2 edits

22 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
43mm 2s F5 ISO100

Ahh, sorry for the delay! Well, here's some stuff about me. Be prepared to get bored lol

I'm Shelly--24 years old. Originally from Southeast Kentucky, attended 2 years of college in East Tennessee, major, Computer Animation. Moved to Atlanta, GA and attended 1-1/2 yrs at a technical school for web design/computer graphics/CIW certification. Moved to southeast PA a couple years ago.

While in Atlanta, my boyfriend ( Chillin See Profile , of 6 yrs lol) and I started up our own graphic/web/print business. We've been in business since 2001 and our work has since been featured in a stack of magazines probably 2 feet tall lol. Besides all of our web/print/design work, we also design 'vehicle renderings'. We've produced several vehicles on the cover of magazines, and the biggest reward thus far was one of our concepts winning the GM Design award at this year's SEMA show. We keep growing our business by adding new equipment and services. Our business revolves 95% around the automotive industry as that is both of our hobbies--I live for anything custom, loud motors, and hot rods. Spend my summer on the road most every weekend going to car shows all over the US.

In my little spare time, I run an online automotive magazine, dropndrag.com where we have a really active forum, and we post show coverage from all around the US (centered mainly in the NE states though).

Ahh, pic attached is a self portrait i took couple months back - i saw the style posted elsewhere of the hair flying around and looped in curls and i thought i'd try to reproduce it... I like the way it turned out.

I TAG uid1173726 See Profile
--
GraphicDisorder - My pBase
Expand your moderator at work

uid1173726
Premium
join:2005-03-14

26 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

Re: Spotlight On! [Tag your it]

Click for full size
Canon PowerShot SD700 IS
5.8mm 1/160th F2.8

At work in AK
Click for full size
Canon EOS 5D
17mm 1/125th F10 ISO500

On the Yukon
Well, let’s see here. I’m Paul, 19 years old. For my whole life I’ve lived in NW Connecticut, a beautiful area which I am thankful for.

School is running my life right now – I’m a sophomore studying Business Management. It’s a blast actually. I’ve tutored physics and financial accounting.

During the winter I enjoy skiing (uh, when we actually have real snow) and mountaineering. In the summer I boat (hence the screen name) and fish quite a bit, mostly in Vermont. I'm one of those "weird" fitness nuts. Horses have laid claim to much of my spare time.

My main passion is travel which goes well with photography. I love visiting beautiful new places.

I won’t bore you further .

I tag overhill See Profile
--
My gallery ~ http://winchester.smugmug.com/

overhill
Judd
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-03
Miami, FL

1 edit

27 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert

Me in Banff
Hey folks, my name is Judd and I'm currently a graduate student in Geography (It's more than maps in case you were wondering...). My undergraduate degrees were in Biology and Environmental Sciences. I've always enjoyed being outdoors, and I am increasingly sure that I can't stand an 8-5 desk job. If I get lucky, I'll make my primary hobby into my career. I can't say anymore or I'd violate the laws of this thread.

I grew up in Kansas and absolutely love wide open space and a slower pace of life. I've done summer biology research in Kansas and Utah, worked for the National Park Service in Miami, and searched for the Ivory-billed Woodpecker in northern Florida. I love to travel. While I have goals to visit many countries, I am happy to spend time exploring the tremendous beauty right here between the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Trying to plan trips to Dry Tortugas and Yellowstone National Parks for 2007. My photograph is not a great self-portrait, but the scenery sure is nice!

I tag xterrain See Profile.
--
Judd Patterson Photography

xterrain
Head On
Premium
join:2004-09-02
Carlsbad, CA

18 recommendations

Hi, my name is Rich. I'm 35 years old. I'm originally from Southern California now residing in Salt Lake City, and working in San Diego for the next year and a half. I served in the Navy during Desert Shield/Storm and am now self emloyed as a telecommunications engineer. Like many here, I love to travel and get to do quite a bit of it for work and that other thing that I'm not supposed to talk about. I spend a lot of time in the outdoors for work and for play and a few here can attest that less than ideal weather isn't likely to stop me from a camping trip or a drive to the coast. Bad weather only encourages this behavior. I'm one of those people who really hates to have his picture taken and therfore, I don't have an image of me to post. Sorry.

Enough about me. Let's hear frommmmmm........

Simpfan742. Tag, you're it!
--
Apply directly to the forehead ...

Wyattx17
Wyatt
Premium
join:2004-04-21
Stockton, CA

1 recommendation

reply to waynegilbert
This is amazing. Thanks!

simpfan742
People Call Me Andrew.
Premium
join:2003-05-18
Belmar, NJ

22 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
How could you, xterrain See Profile!

My name is Andrew, if you couldn't tell by the watermarks on my images. Like uid1173726 See Profile, I am also 19 years old.

I am a freshman photography major at Drexel University in Philadelphia, and thus far am enjoying my experience in the city greatly.

My home is in Wall, NJ (near Belmar and Asbury Park, for those who are unfamiliar with the region).

In the past I have worked for a wedding photographer, and last summer I had the opportunity to be a staff photographer for a local paper.

Besides the obvious hobbies of photography and music, I have become very interested in exploring Philadelphia by walking randomly without a map.

Very few images exist of me - I am rather camera shy, but here is a recent one of my lovely girlfriend Kristin and I playing stupid tourists in Thomas Paine Plaza, which features oversized game pieces.

Canon EOS 30D
40mm 1/60th F6.3 ISO250

Who to pick on next? How about we learn more about everyone's buddy, jaykaykay See Profile?
--
Photoblog.

waynegilbert
Blessed
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

4 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
It's really nice to get to know all of you. I would like thank everyone for contributing. We have a great group of people here not just photographers. It may sound a little corny but thank you this means a lot.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

2 edits

19 recommendations

reply to waynegilbert
Every body's buddy, eh. Maybe not yours any more! (Just kidding!)

I am originally from Minnesota but moved to the Desert Southwest 37 years ago and never looked back. I so easily became a desert rat that I sometimes think that I lived here in another life.

Let's see. First, I am married for short of 42 years to the same wonderful friend and lover. I came to him with 2 children, lucky man, and we had a 3rd between us. They are grown and we now have 5 grandchildren, one of them old enough to actually marry and have his own. He hasn't yet and I am not prepared to be a great-grandparent.

I have spent my life doing many things, one of which was working in an Adapted Physical Education program in a school district here. I think that those handicapped children, some severely disabled, taught me more than I could ever have learned without them. They were, for the most part, loving and gentle and could just bring tears to one's eyes. I think I loved all 800+ of them that came through the program.

I also taught dogs obedience for a time. Yes. I had a dog, and she was the most disobedient little thing there ever was. I think that's why I am so into cats now. They're easier to train!

I now live in a body that seems to reject everything I want to do and is riddled with arthritis, etc. That's how I became interested originally in computer security which is where I hung out for years on this site. As with life, I learn better by doing. And you all know how I entertain myself, and many of you too, now. I won't mention the word, but I have gravitated back to a passion I had as a kid. It's one of those things I can enjoy in any body and the one I am in now is delighted with combining the computer and cameras. That's about it. I have retired from many things but not life and living.

I learned many things in the Security Forum, one of which is that I don't post my likeness without those who see it having to imagine a lot...everything. Sorry about that.

I am curious about Mauricio Hey, friend. You're IT!
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay