Zak_D_H
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Salt Lake City, UT

Zak_D_H to TE

Premium Member

to TE

Re: What is the pricing?

When you signed up your Price was 12.95 for the speed you signed up for. You were able to renew your Contract for 19.95 which is still much cheaper then the month to month rate and you didn't have to pay any renewal fee. When your contract comes up for renewal you may not get the same price that brand new customers get but you will all-ways get a better deal if you renew your contract than if you just let your account go to month-to-month pricing. Month-to-month pricing is around 35 dollars a month for the speed you are on.

Even if you canceled your account and waited 2 weeks and signed up again your still technically an existing customer and wouldn't qualify for the 12.95 rate that brand new customers get. 19.95 is still an incredible deal for 1.5mbps DSL.

TE
I must crunch
join:2006-05-07
Yorba Linda, CA

TE

Don't get me wrong, When I renewed my contract last night I was expecting to go to the 19.95/mo. for the 1500/384 dynamic package. My dad just did it and from what I have read here from other users renewing. I'm just a little confused, You said that DSLX offer promotional rates for existing customers. Maybe I'm mistaken but isn't the promotional rate for the 1500/384 dynamic plan $12.95?
TE

TE

I see I've made a mistake. I just looked at the pricing and the 12.95/mo is for 768/384 package. My current plan (1500/384) is 17.95/mo.

Two dollars less than what I agreed to last night ... Is it worth it? Thats 24 dollars a year ... DSLX is a great ISP. I wouldn't mind it too badly.

namedjohn
@igloohost.com

namedjohn to Zak_D_H

Anon

to Zak_D_H
interesting.. is credit card the only method of payment you allow? what about cash and checks? do you accept those? also, is there an additional charge for receiving paper invoices by physical mail?

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to Zak_D_H

Premium Member

to Zak_D_H
quote:
Even if you canceled your account and waited 2 weeks and signed up again your still technically an existing customer and wouldn't qualify for the 12.95 rate that brand new customers get.
Is that new policy? There are lots of us who have cancelled and re-ordered to get "new customer" promotional rates.

dslextreme2
Premium Member
join:2001-02-23
Canoga Park, CA

dslextreme2

Premium Member

It's a relatively new policy.
81399672 (banned)
join:2006-05-17
Los Angeles, CA

81399672 (banned)

said by dslextreme2:

It's a relatively new policy.
instituted by dslextreme or at&t?
blacksurfer
join:2002-07-14
Sherman Oaks, CA

blacksurfer to dslextreme2

to dslextreme2
Re: "Even if you canceled your account and waited 2 weeks and signed up again your still technically an existing customer and wouldn't qualify for the 12.95 rate that brand new customers get."

This is not good! People will leave for another ISP.
tonyduan
join:2003-05-25
San Jose, CA

tonyduan to TE

to TE
Hi TE,

How did you manage to get $17.95/mo for the (1500/384) plan? I was told I would have to pay $19.95/mo for this plan if I renew my contract.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Tony, take a look at Zak's post »Re: What is the pricing?

Does that answer your question?

TE
I must crunch
join:2006-05-07
Yorba Linda, CA

1 recommendation

TE to tonyduan

to tonyduan
tonyduan,

I'm not getting a better deal than you would. I'm currently paying $19.95 for the dynamic 1500/384 package. My confusion was that they said renewing customers could get promotional pricing. The current promotional price is $17.95 for 1500/384 but this is the "New Customer" Promotional price. The "Existing Customer" promotional price is $19.95. It's still a great deal and beats paying the month to month rate.