robar
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Mesquite, TX

1 recommendation

robar

Premium Member

[Tech] Rayovac hybrids

i had 3 $5 off coupons and i got 3 sets of them. Wallyworld had them for 4 @ 8.95. i picked up 3 sets for $12.89 after tax. i've seen good reviews on the eneloops and we will see how these are.
straight out of the box and the batt. alert says 100% and i'm starting from image 3133.
unfortunately i can find no date on the packages.

battery plus had these at 14.99usd. glad i checked wallyworld 1st.
join:2004-03-02
Bourbonnais, IL

Sbrav77

Premium Member

Re: Rayovac hybrids

Are you using the 2100 Mah? If so, I picked up a package at WallyWorld also and love them. I used them straight out of the box and have yet to recharge them. My other batteries never seemed to have a charge when I needed to snap a few shots. Please keep me informed how they work for you.

robar
Premium Member
Mesquite, TX

1 edit

robar

Premium Member

had mine installed out of the package since the 12th. shot 64 PEFs today and they are still showing full. all my NMH would have bit the dust by now.. so far i'm impressed.

edit: yes, i'm using the 2100s

Zupper
Premium Member
join:2002-12-28
Novelty, OH

Zupper to robar

Premium Member

to robar
said by robar:

i had 3 $5 off coupons and i got 3 sets of them.
Can I ask about the coupons? Were they Rayovac coupons, or just generic Wally ones? Either way, how can I get some?

robar
Premium Member
Mesquite, TX

robar

Premium Member

said by Zupper:
said by robar:

i had 3 $5 off coupons and i got 3 sets of them.
Can I ask about the coupons? Were they Rayovac coupons, or just generic Wally ones? Either way, how can I get some?
some one on another board had a few for sale ,3 @ $1. with paypal and postage they were giving them away. they were rayovac coupons. i should have got more.

Zupper
Premium Member
Novelty, OH

Zupper to robar

Premium Member

to robar
Is anyone using these Hybrids (or the eneloops) in a high drain use such as a speedlite? Do you see any difference in the flash cycle time?

robar
Premium Member
Mesquite, TX

robar

Premium Member

let me test against some 2400nmh i have and i'll tell you
robar

robar

Premium Member

haven't had time to run a flash test but

WOW!! these have been in the cam for 16 days and i've shot 282 shots. battery meter still shows FULL. i'm convinced.

Zupper
Premium Member
Novelty, OH

Zupper to robar

Premium Member

to robar
Please keep us updated on your usage. I guess I haven't really heard anything bad, so I might just go ahead and try these.

robar
Premium Member
Mesquite, TX

robar

Premium Member

i went out and shot a little over 100 shots today. battery level finally went to 1/2 full. so far these have been in the camera since 2/12 straight out of the package and shot 534 shots and there are more to come. i'm really convinced.

invictive
join:2001-11-14
Mississauga, ON

invictive to robar

to robar
I picked up a few sets of the eneloops a couple of weeks ago and so far they have been great! I haven't charged them yet and I have shot many pictures with my 580ex. The recharge time seems to be excellent (comparing them to disposables and ultra 2500 mAh batteries).

So far they seem like an excellent battery. I also picked up a Maha battery charger to make sure they are taken care of properly.

B52GUNR
KM 7D love and D5 Nirvana
MVM
join:2001-03-06
Suisun City, CA

B52GUNR to Zupper

MVM

to Zupper
I use Eneloops in my flash and battery pack. Cycle time is faster and they last a lot longer than NiMH batteries rated at higher mAh.

pog4
Premium Member
join:2004-06-03
Kihei, HI

pog4 to robar

Premium Member

to robar
Yup! I love mine. The difference is really quite startling. »[Tech] Another Eneloop AA update...

robar
Premium Member
Mesquite, TX

robar

Premium Member

said by pog4:

Yup! I love mine. The difference is really quite startling. »[Tech] Another Eneloop AA update...
but these are half the cost of the eneloops

pog4
Premium Member
join:2004-06-03
Kihei, HI

1 edit

pog4

Premium Member

said by robar:
said by pog4:

but these are half the cost of the eneloops
1/2 the price is awesome. IIRC, I paid about $12 per set of 4 from Thomas Distributing... no coupons. At the time, Rayovac wasn't available (I think).

Another option seems to be Uniross Hybrio »www.thomas-distributing. ··· ries.php

robar
Premium Member
Mesquite, TX

robar

Premium Member

actually not quite half. these were 8usd at wallyworld for a set of 4.
if they EVER run down i'll post how well they recharge. think i'm up to about 600 shots now.
robar

robar

Premium Member

well, i'm up to 670 shots. batteries are showing empty occasionally. turn the cam off for a minute or two and we are back in the ballgame. these refuse to give up the ghost.
robar

1 edit

robar

Premium Member

still counting
robar

robar

Premium Member

well these were in the cam for over 5 weeks and they finally bit the dust at #4000.
let's see 4000-3133= 867 shots. all i can say is byby NmH. the hybrids are here. i discharged the empties, what little was left and will let them stay in the charger overnight altho the say charged right now. will see what they test out at before reuse. if like NmH they should test at around 1.4+ volts.
867shots!!!!!
st0rm82
Premium Member
join:2002-11-13
Quebec, QC

st0rm82

Premium Member

nice! what camera did you tested them with?
maybe you can hit 1000 shots when fully charged!
I hope to get similar results with eneloops..

My eneloops did read 1.31v after 8month being in their original package, that is higher voltage than my NiMH after fully charging them and letting them self discharge for a week (1.46v to 1.29v in 8 days , energizer 2500mah)

robar
Premium Member
Mesquite, TX

1 edit

robar

Premium Member

pentax DS. i only shoot in raw so there is more write time than jpegs. my NMH come out of the charger at 1.45+. most of them are a couple years old and don't last a week on the shelf(2400mah lenmar). i never got 500 shots with them when they were new.

edit: these came out of the box right at 1.3 volts also. no date on package.