Search similar:

uniqs

Orly
@source-israel.co.il

Orly

Anon

Introducing our innovation

Hey,
I hope this is the appropriate place for such an announcement.
I also hope by now you have heard of us from the awards ceremony at the latest RSA conference.

Yoggie was fortunate enough to win 1st place as “Most innovative company” for our product 'Yoggie Gatekeeper Pro', the latest innovation in security for Wi-Fi and mobile work stations.

I would love to get your opinion and any feedback you may have about our product. We are constantly trying to improve our targeting and product deliverable and that’s why I went to a place seems to be populated by experts to the subject.
Any feedback you have for us will help us greatly.
This is also a good place to ask any professional / technical question you might have.

Thank you for this platform,

Orly.
Web Manager
»www.yoggie.com
Yoggie Security Systems

SpannerITWks
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22

SpannerITWks

Premium Member

Looks like a nice solution.

The trouble is we can't test it as it's a pay upfront situation. I understand why you can't go round sending out 100's of $ of gear just like that, but maybe you could offer a trial and FULL refund if not satisfied ?

I have seen your - SALES AND RETURN POLICY - »www.yoggie.com/Sales_ret ··· cy.shtml - which is not quite the same !

How exactly does Kaspersky fit into the scheme of things ?

I presume future versions will be smaller/lighter/cheaper ?

All the best,

Spanner
Orly9
join:2007-03-08

Orly9

Dear Spanner,

First of all, thanks so much for your comments!!

Regarding your first question, naturally, we expect an “upfront” payment, we’re not aware of any other products that work otherwise…

As you’ve correctly stated yourself, this is an appliance we are talking about, not software, and our policies are aimed to ensure maximum customer satisfaction while taking all necessary and standard bureaucratic and commercial parameters and needs into consideration.

Now, we had also sent quite a few Yoggies to specific experts in the field and security professional in the media in order to get non-biased opinions.

We’ve also received positive reviews so far, as you can witness yourself, for instance, at Techworld - »www.techworld.com/securi ··· ewid=499.

There are plenty of other mentions, reviews and even events Yoggie has won, which you can check out at our media and event section on our website.

(I guess that coverage is made to replace actually sending out thousands of Yoggies for free trial)

As for Kaspersky – Like all other security engines Yoggie Gatekeeper boasts, it is completely, fully and transparently integrated into Yoggie Gatekeeper. It’s an integral part of the Yoggie Gatekeeper information flow. You do not have to install anything, add anything or do anything – Like all the various security components mentioned, it simply works.

I would gladly answer any further questions you have on this or any other issue!

Thanks,
Orly.

SpannerITWks
Premium Member

SpannerITWks

Premium Member

Hi,

Yep just read the Techworld article, which gives it a very good review, with a few reservations.

If you could up the protection in USB mode, as it is for ADSL mode, and also help to secure the WiFi aspect further, i feel this would make it even better than it already seems.

Could we install an alternative AV, and or other Apps like BOClean for eg, if not maybe in the future ? And if so you could allow people to select their choice/s ?

I'd think about buying it just for the Blue LED's lol.

Spanner
Jrb2
Premium Member
join:2001-08-31

Jrb2

Premium Member

said by SpannerITWks:

Could we install an alternative AV, and or other Apps like BOClean for eg, if not maybe in the future ?

It runs on Linux and BOClean doesn't run on Linux

SpannerITWks
Premium Member

SpannerITWks

Premium Member

Jrb2

Yes indeed, how remiss of me to overlook that. I'll go and stand in the corner for 5 lol.

Thanx,

Spanner
Orly9

Orly9 to Orly

to Orly
Hi again,

As for the USB mode – I’m not sure I understood your question. The USB/wireless mode is as secure as the wired/ADSL/”pass-through” mode. Each and every bit of network traffic, regardless of the connection mode, is first scanned through a series of best-of-breed security application, outside your laptop on an external hardware-based miniature computer running Linux. What could be better than that?!

Regarding the question of why Kaspersky and not X or Y. In any case, few will dispute Kaspersky is one of the best, if not THE best, AV engine out there,
and that was the reason for us making them our integrated OEM.

Cheers,
Orly

SpannerITWks
Premium Member

SpannerITWks

Premium Member

Hi Orly,

My USB question was regarding the following from your FAQ's page - »www.yoggie.com/faq.shtml

-

" Can I connect my modem via USB to Yoggie Gatekeeper (and then to the Router via RJ-45) ?

No. Yoggie Gatekeeper only accepts an Ethernet network connection. "

-

I admit i could have phrased it better ! So i was wondering if it would be possible in future without the ENC ? As on here - »www.yoggie.com/Security- ··· ge.shtml - it says -

" The Yoggie Gatekeeper is tiny and mobile, fits comfortably in your palm and can simply be attached to a USB port on your laptop, which provides both the power and connectivity. "

Therefore it " appears " that you should be able to connect via USB all the way through from PC to Modem.

" Most network modems connect via an Ethernet cable but USB connections are becoming increasingly common. " - »compnetworking.about.com ··· gure.htm

My modem is a USB device for eg.

-

Re - Wireless -

-

" 802.11 is not built-in. Yoggie Gatekeeper comes with a Windows driver that can be used to re-route all network traffic on the attached PC/laptop to flow and be scanned by Yoggie. "

" There is one limitation; the driver required for advanced features is not supported on non-Windows XP operating systems. This means only the pass-through connection mode is possible. "

-

Maybe i'm a bit thick, and i've misunderstood things lol !

Re - KAV

Sure it's one of the better AV's, and i did trial it. Have you seen the latests and previous tests from here - »www.av-comparatives.org

Please note, none of the above are critisisms, i'm just attempting to gain a better handle on things, so i may introduce your App to others, as i feel it definately has potential.

Spanner
Orly9

1 edit

Orly9 to Orly

to Orly
Dear Spanner,

First of all – thank you for your interest and profound questions!
It’s always good to see someone who does his homework

Regarding the specific FAQ item you’ve mentioned – We can now see how it can be a little confusing, thus we’ve removed it from the FAQ until we improve the content to be more accurate.

Now to the point: There are a few different ways you can deploy your Yoggie Gatekeeper. You can choose to use either USB or LAN, either redirection or pass-through mode.
We haven’t found a single scenario where Yoggie Gatekeeper cannot be easily deployed.

If, for instance, you have a USB ADSL modem connected to your computer, then you simply connect Yoggie to your computer via the USB cable and use it in “redirection” mode. In this mode ANY traffic coming in and out of your computer will be first redirected to the Yoggie Gatekeeper for external scanning. This of course includes the USB ADSL modem. This method is the one to use in order to use a USB ADSL modem, Wi-fi, GPRS, 3G or any other type of network interface you have on your laptop!

By the way, it’s great you’re so interested in our product. If you reach a point where you’d like to buy one, please contact me, and I might arrange a special discount…

All the best,
Orly.

SpannerITWks
Premium Member

SpannerITWks

Premium Member

One tries ones best lol.

If changing some of the info on your www helps to clarify certain things, that's to be welcomed by all.

PC/USB to Yoggie to Modem = good.

How would someone configure Yoggie in the chain, with a Router which has a built in Modem ? Or can't it be done, because if i've understand it correctly, Yoggie has to sit inbetween a Router and Modem.

It might be an idea to mention both Laptop and PC at the same time, and at every opportunity too. As i've noticed that the word Laptop is used about 95% of the time on your www. Some people " may " think that it's only really suitable for Laptops and not Desktops etc, and you " could " miss out on potential sales. Just a thought !

By the way, the Snort IPS sounds a bit like - Strata Guard Free - »sgfree.stillsecure.com - even if it's not exactly the same implimentation. Either way = all good !

I appreciate your kind offer, and will bear it in mind.

Regards,

Spanner
Orly9

Orly9 to Orly

to Orly
Dear Spanner,

Again, thank you for your question and ideas - they help us tremendously understanding the point of view of someone with no previous knowledge on the Yoggie.

As for your question, there’s no problem with using Yoggie with a router/modem combo device.
There are 2 recommended methods you can choose from in the case you’ve described:

Instead of connecting your computers, like you do today, directly to the router/modem - You simply connect them to Yoggie Gatekeeper first with a regular, cheap, dumb switch. Yoggie, in turn, will connect to your router.
This creates a simple network chain.

Yet another way you can do it is by connecting both ends of the Yoggie Gatekeeper to your router, each to its own network port and disabling the DHCP server on your router so it will use the Yoggie DHCP server instead. All the other machines simply connect to the same router and get their network settings from Yoggie.
This way you don’t even need a network switch.

There are a few other software products similar in varying degrees to Snort. However, I think all will agree Snort is pretty much the industry standard and it definitely keeps up with Yoggie’s intent to have “Best-of-breed” security engines for each and every security category.

Thanks again,
and good day!
Orly.

SpannerITWks
Premium Member

SpannerITWks

Premium Member

Hi,

Glad you find it all helpful !

Well that's good news about being able to connect Yoggie with an all in one Router/Modem also. As on your www there was no mention of it being possible, and the diagrams didn't show that option available either.

Yep Snort and other fine security solutions are fine with me.

All the best, and good day to you too.

Spanner
techtype8
join:2007-03-17
Naples, FL

techtype8 to Orly9

to Orly9
Ok, I bought one of these a while back and I'm ready to comment on it. I'm using my Yoggie in inline mode (no driver or software install needed) full time for security on my soho Vista desktop. I'm not running any additional security programs on the computer itself. So this fulfills my longtime desire to get rid of the slowdowns caused by security software. Based on my tests and experience Yoggie provides all the security that I need. Although you get support from Israel, the guys over there are very helpful when you need them. 99.9% of the time, you don't know that Yoggie is there and that is how I want security to function. It does block access to my local network (you can access other computers by IP), I get around this using a freeware program called "Network Scanner".

zteardrop
join:2005-12-20
Brooklyn, NY

zteardrop to Orly

to Orly
There is an encoded drive-by download on www.mattressmall.com. Can your product detect it ?

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to techtype8

MVM

to techtype8
said by techtype8:

Ok, I bought one of these a while back and I'm ready to comment on it.
How long is "a while back"? I mean, specifically. For how long have you had it running?