spc
Search similar:

uniqs
patspub
join:2005-02-10
Philadelphia, PA

patspub

Any New Channels from Comcast

Ok so what is the deal with this Comcast on not adding any new channels. This is HorseSh&t!!! Where is "OCAP" Where is "Comcast Central" Where are all the new channels like "Verizon FIOS TV" offers for their customers. I know some are going to reply back and say this falls under "Rants and Raves" I'm sick of these lousy channel offerings. If you feel the same like I do please speak up.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

1 recommendation

CableTool

Premium Member

I think some will jump in and say why do you go through the same rant every single month?
Do you learn anything new? Is there ever any answers? Is anything ever resolved? A load of areas just got new HD channels and there are more coming. If you want actual information contact Comcast about your specific area.
This thread will just fill up with either people that just got some channels added or people that didnt.
It might make more sense to just go to one of your other threads and re-read it next time you feel like posting asking for new channels?
More efficient at least!

ret369
Premium Member
join:2004-06-03
Warminster, PA

ret369 to patspub

Premium Member

to patspub
or you could drop Comcast and go to Dish or D*TV

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

1 recommendation

Steely to patspub

Premium Member

to patspub
I don't usually agree with CableTool See Profile and his sometimes condescending spoken-like-a-true-loyal-employee posts, but in THIS case he's right. Your post up top is little more than a rerun of your previous rants and certainly doesn't warrant its own new thread. Look....I'm not a big Comcast fan either, and I have my own wishlist of channels I'd certainly like to see added (Boomerang, HGTV-HD, HDNET, etc.), but sometimes you've just got to keep it in check a little. At least think your posts through better and come up with something new and interesting (and maybe even constructive).

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream to patspub

MVM

to patspub
LOL

That's all I'm gonna say.

CableTool
Premium Member

CableTool to Steely

Premium Member

to Steely
said by Steely:

I don't usually agree with CableTool See Profile and his sometimes condescending spoken-like-a-true-loyal-employee posts,
Its sometimes hard to stay "constructive" and "levelheaded" when every other post is about comcrap and their useless monkey employees. I can take it, I do everyday, but I am human and every now and then if I dont give it back a bit I probably would never even visit this forum.
Being a punching bag bites.

Ive worked here for 11 years though. 5 different companies. Im loyal to what I do regardless of who it is for.

Now... back to the show!!

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

1 recommendation

Steely

Premium Member

Understood!

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital
join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ

Travelfan1 to CableTool

to CableTool
tool >> 1 merge about every 2 years? WOW! Do you mind listing all the previous names of the former companies that became Comcast?
elwaylite1
join:2006-09-01
Goose Creek, SC

elwaylite1

Uh, we got MHD and VS in Jan. Got NGHD, A&E HD and UHD in March. What more do you want.

CableTool
Premium Member

CableTool to Travelfan1

Premium Member

to Travelfan1
In my area there are more under the umbrella but in my time up to Comcast Ive been Cablevision, MediaOne, At&t, TCI then Comcast, all the same office.
We also have areas that were Jones or MetroVision, Time Warner and a few others all under the same building after areas merged.

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital
join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ

Travelfan1

"I've been Cablevision" - you mean, there used to be a subsidiary of Cablevision that belongs to the Dolans up there in the Midway?

CableTool
Premium Member

CableTool

Premium Member

It was Continental Cablevision. The fist company I worked for.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 edit

Caddyroger to elwaylite1

Premium Member

to elwaylite1
said by elwaylite1:

Uh, we got MHD and VS in Jan. Got NGHD, A&E HD and UHD in March. What more do you want.
Not every area has the same line channels line up. We don't get a&e hd or nghd and others
He keeps coming here and asking for the information he just pita.

CableTool
Premium Member

CableTool to patspub

Premium Member

to patspub
Posts about red light messages
»Free Preview of Tennis Channel
»Free CSTV this Weekend
»Fear Net
»INHD 2

Post about red light messages you dont like
»Another Disappointing Red Light

12/29
»Oh my a New Channel being in N/E Philly
2/01
»New Month(Nothing)
2/20
»Adding More Channels in Philly?
3/16
»Any New Channels from Comcast
RalphKramden
join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA

RalphKramden to CableTool

to CableTool
said by CableTool:

..why do you go through the same rant every single month...
Is it any wonder he continues to post inane comments? He has received 14 replies (including mine) to a post that should just be ignored.

I hereby promise to never again reply to patspub
patspub
Philadelphia, PA

patspub to CableTool

to CableTool
"cabletool" we need more channels like "Boomerang" or "fox Movie Channel" here in Philly? I assume you work for Comcast any word of this "OCAP" or any New Channels coming soon???

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by patspub:

"cabletool" we need more channels like "Boomerang" or "fox Movie Channel" here in Philly? I assume you work for Comcast any word of this "OCAP" or any New Channels coming soon???
In 2 weeks you will be coming here again asking the same stupid question. Comcast will let you know on your paper bill and by your messages that they send you on your receiver.
Man you are like a 10 year on Christmas eve asking is it Christmas yet.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to patspub

MVM

to patspub
patspub,

OCAP is supposidly rolled out in a lot of philly. Your not going to notice anything different. It's an application stack that will allow future services to run on the box. Older boxes like the DCT-2000 series I believe will run TVNAV - a lite version of OCAP if you will. Imagine it's like a PC and you install the sun java program. You really don't notice anything until you go to run java programs online. Same thing with the box. Your not going to notice a thing until they come out with some new applications for it.

As far as new channels such as Boomerang or Fox Movie Channel, Comcast doesn't give two sh1t's about them. They really could give a damn. I think its time to give up on those channels. Then if Comcast someday does add them, we'll be pleasantly surprised, instead of constantly disappointed by expecting them to be added.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

what about espnu? I want my espnu!!!! Comon comcast add ESPNU get with the program or at least drop music choice and add sirius or XM instead.
patspub
Philadelphia, PA

patspub

This is exactly what I am talking about. Thank's "mikedz4 for speaking up. I want "ESPNU" also. There no reason why we don't have this channel and those music channels suck. I would like to to "Sirius" added also that is a "Comcast Dream"
Georgiaboy8
join:2005-06-25
Savannah, GA

Georgiaboy8 to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

what about espnu? I want my espnu!!!! Comon comcast add ESPNU get with the program or at least drop music choice and add sirius or XM instead.
I'd bet that Dish and Directv have some form of exclusivity rights to those channels. And even if they don't, I doubt "any" cable company would invest.
patspub
Philadelphia, PA

patspub

This could be good news for new channels. Read this link below and it say's there could be a "Master Channel Line up" coming for everyone across the USA.

»www.wlbt.com/Global/stor ··· nav=2CSf
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to patspub

Premium Member

to patspub
i want the playboy station

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

i have it but it's not FREE here it costs $9.99 for each movie. Damned community groups.

Mr Cable
@rogers.com

Mr Cable

Anon

Playboy is Pay-per-View? Since when? Where I live you pay 9.95/month for the channel itself.
Georgiaboy8
join:2005-06-25
Savannah, GA

Georgiaboy8 to patspub

to patspub
said by patspub:

This could be good news for new channels. Read this link below and it say's there could be a "Master Channel Line up" coming for everyone across the USA.

»www.wlbt.com/Global/stor ··· nav=2CSf
patspub, we've discussed this before I think. "The Master Channel Line-up" is more so relevant to channel position rather than channel offers. And honestly, they may not be able to get that far in some places if they are planning on making the analog line-ups the same(except for broadcast and local access). Some areas have channels that are mostly found on analog, but are located on the digital tier in that area, and vice versa. I doubt they'll be willing to switch channels on and off the digital and analog tiers.
However, for all Comcast systems, I'd bet they would be quite effective, and have been thus far(Most areas have digital line-ups very similar in terms of channel position) been effective, in matching the position of channels in the digital line-up.

I wish "Master Channel line-up" meant something different, but I doubt it.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to patspub

Premium Member

to patspub
said by patspub:

Ok so what is the deal with this Comcast on not adding any new channels. This is HorseSh&t!!! Where is "OCAP" Where is "Comcast Central" Where are all the new channels like "Verizon FIOS TV" offers for their customers. I know some are going to reply back and say this falls under "Rants and Raves" I'm sick of these lousy channel offerings. If you feel the same like I do please speak up.
Here is your easy 3 step fix:

1) Order Dish or DirecTv

2) Call Comcast and cancel

3) Stop your bitching and self victimized ranting and get on with your life.

When were you promised constant new channels like "Verizon FIOS TV"... ? If you're so sick of it, DO something about it.. or is that Comcast official still holding a gun to your head?
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to Mr Cable

Premium Member

to Mr Cable
Until about the 2nd half of the 90's, Playboy used to be a subscription channel like any other channel. Then some systems converted it to a PPV only channel for a X hour block of viewing time. Some systems offer it both ways, now, too. PPV per time block or monthly subscription. I've see it as high as $24.99 per month.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to Georgiaboy8

MVM

to Georgiaboy8
Yeah I don't think the Master channel lineup is going to help get more channels. Example, Fuse is supposed to be on Ch 148 I think, but on our system there just is no 148.

There could be limitations as to why certain channels aren't available in certain area's. Perhaps it could be technical (bandwidth, space issue), cost, or franchise agreement issues. Perhaps the area is short staffed and qualified techs to install new channel equipment are hard to come by.
patspub
Philadelphia, PA

patspub

HAs anyone seen this channel line up for Jackson, MS Now this is what I'm talking about. This could be the "Master Channel Line up" for the entire country. They are even receiving the "Boomerang Channel" on 124.

»www.comcast.com/MediaLib ··· kson.pdf