spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kor

join:2006-05-12
Jonesboro, GA

How long does it take for a speed upgrade to take effect?

Last night when I called sales to upgrade my speed the person on the phone said it would take 4-6 hours and well... I rebooted my modem and all and still nothing.

Eebobb
Premium
join:2003-11-13
Floral Park, NY

my speed upgrade was instant when i had speakeasy and called on the phone for the upgrade but if you order online it might work like that. anyway just call them up and see whats happening with that.

bhan261

join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

1 edit
reply to Kor

About a year ago, I upgraded and it took 19 days and numerous emails/calls to support. It was far from flawless.

Eebobb
Premium
join:2003-11-13
Floral Park, NY

i had mine over 2 years ago and i dont anymore but it was amazing back then and has gone downhill and kept goin since then. others also have had similar issues while others work flawless and i guess it depends on your area and the condition of your wires.

anonanon

@speakeasy.net
reply to Kor

Speed upgrades process differently depending on the vendor. Through Covad typically takes a few hours, SBC takes a few weeks, T1's and up are instant.

bhan261

join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

I'm on Covad...and it still took almost 3 weeks.

anonanon

@speakeasy.net

Sometimes that will happen in the case of very old DSLAM's. Sometimes the DSLAM card at the CO doesn't have the capability to support some of the more up to date speeds. In that case, we need to wait for Covad to upgrade hardware before processing change orders. I'm guessing that's the case here, as usually Covad speed upgrades happen fairly quickly.