how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Petersonx

join:2006-08-31
Northville, MI

Comcast Illegal downloading note

Hi guys, recently I had a friend who got busted for downloading a game of bittorrent, of course comcast sent him an email via his comcast account... That the problem I don't use my account neither do I know the name or the password and I'm afraid since I do some downloading that I have gotten these sent but have never seen them??? Has anyone else had the same problem? I'm really scared that it's going to pile up and form a court case.

lolololol

@comcast.net

»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »Has anyone received a warning from Comcast concerning infringement?

Check these threads out.

Petersonx

Northville, MI
reply to Petersonx

Thanks... I read a couple of them, am I ok?

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Petersonx

If you're the owner of the account, it's probably in your best interest to get your password reset so you have control of your account for administration and billing purposes, should you need them in the future. Checking your POP3 or webmail once a week isn't a huge burden, either.
--
Interested in open source engine management for your Subaru?

GentleBeast

@comcast.net
reply to Petersonx

Stop using Bit Torrent now and switch to News groups. It's 100X safer and faster.

Petersonx

Northville, MI
reply to Petersonx

Well I'm not the owner of the account and I tried to change it even with my moms social security number and the woman wouldn't let me... Super lame.

Petersonx

Northville, MI

1 edit
reply to GentleBeast

What's newsgroups? link?

Never mind it costs money, I'm scared that when my mom gets are account and I check it there will be tons of emails about it...

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5

said by Petersonx:

What's newsgroups? link?

Never mind it costs money, I'm scared that when my mom gets are account and I check it there will be tons of emails about it...
Yes it cost $, but u won't have to be scared about getting caught !
--
Comcast HSI 8.0-768 / ATT CV - VOIP / »www.attcvhelp.com my VoIP page!

Petersonx

Northville, MI

Has anyone else or if you know anyone get in big trouble for downloading copyrighted material? I have downloaded many many files and I'm anticipating to see the files, no more illegal downloading for me....

Expand your moderator at work

Petersonx

Northville, MI

Re: Comcast Illegal downloading note

Let me clear this up I asked my mom earlier for it and she told me it, but they wont let me unless the person speaks thus she will be calling them today or tomorrow.

Oh and my friend called comcast and he was just warned, he also learned that Limewire and kazaa downloaders, if they are caught... Will be sent to court without warnings.

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

said by Petersonx:

Oh and my friend called comcast and he was just warned, he also learned that Limewire and kazaa downloaders, if they are caught... Will be sent to court without warnings.
That's not how the law works in this country.
--
Interested in open source engine management for your Subaru?

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Petersonx

always wondered do the RIAA and MPAA sue people in federal court or goto a state court local to the offender? i know they couldnt use a CA state court because that ruling couldnt be enforced on people not of that state.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Expand your moderator at work