spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tmj0
join:2007-07-12
Schenectady, NY

tmj0

SunRocket Days are OVER!

As of today SunRocket is no longer taking new customers. Final layoffs expected tomorrow and the ramp down team of 25 has been put in place.

All employees affected will not be given severance.

Well done Lisa, well done! Did you happen to get your $130,000 signing bonus?

I must mention if Joyce and Paul were still around none of this would have happened. They both had a clear vision of what SR should and could have been -- Lisa Hook took that away from them!

CyberSultan
Premium Member
join:2006-07-20

CyberSultan

Premium Member

What source are you getting this info from? Please post. The website still appears to be functional. So it looks like business as usual for SunRocket.
tmj0
Schenectady, NY

tmj0

Try calling the call center. Also, by COB today if you try and sign up it will simply tell you "service is not available".

The information I am sharing is coming directly from employees of SunRocket who were selected for the "ramp down" team.
artisticcheese0
join:2004-11-09
The Colony, TX

artisticcheese0 to tmj0

to tmj0
WTF. How do you know that? I assume since you are Arlington, VA you must have some inside information.
I was just shipped a new replacment Gizmo overnight and there were indication about any issues when I was talking to CS.
DigitalPure
join:2007-06-08
Maple Plain, MN

DigitalPure to tmj0

to tmj0
Yeah, where is the source... I looked on all the forums, and I have not seen anything. I am a customer, and would like to know to as I want to keep my number.

Please where did you get this info from, it is counter to what I see online.

CyberSultan
Premium Member

CyberSultan to tmj0

Premium Member

to tmj0
What will happen to all the existing customers?
tmj0
Schenectady, NY

tmj0

Not sure about existing customers.

This all just happened around 2:00 today. From what I hear at 11:00 am EST tomorrow we might know who is gonna buy SR. I can't imagine there will be many bidders, although I hear lisa hook is on the Covad board so that might be an option.

huntermcdole
Premium Member
join:2005-08-01
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole to tmj0

Premium Member

to tmj0
I'm a little suspicious, you just joined today to post this. Personally I want a more creditable source before I believe a company is going under.

CyberSultan
Premium Member

CyberSultan

Premium Member

said by huntermcdole:

I'm a little suspicious, you just joined today to post this. Personally I want a more creditable source before I believe a company is going under.
I guess someone else could call to see if they are told the same information.
tmj0
Schenectady, NY

tmj0

And the reason Connections (inbound sales team) will not sell SR is b/c they they owe them over 200,000. Call

dmolavi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi to CyberSultan

Premium Member

to CyberSultan
it's 5:15 Eastern, the "normal" COB for the East Coast, and the signup page still works.
tmj0
Schenectady, NY

tmj0

did you go all the way through the flow?
Expand your moderator at work
DigitalPure
Maple Plain, MN

DigitalPure to tmj0

to tmj0

Re: SunRocket Days are OVER!

TMJ - Can I ask why you changed your location from Arlington VA to NY today in your profile.

Also, can you please post any proof of this. If it was told by an employee, then they must think they are out of job, so who was it. Maybe, just the department that they worked in. I guess, I would like more proof of a rumor like this, then one person in all the internet with the proof. Especially since things like Signup are working, and they even updated the webiste with a new promo.

That does like a compnay that is going to die tomorrow.

You can PM me this information if you like.
tmj0
Schenectady, NY

tmj0

well...when I go through the ENTIRE sign up flow here is what I see and I have SR so I know service is available in my area

Service is Currently Not Available
Note
We are very sorry, but SunRocket service is not yet available in your area. We are expanding rapidly and would like to let you know when we launch service in your neighbourhood. If you give us your email address, we will notify you when service becomes available. We respect your privacy. Your contact information will not be disclosed to any third party for unrelated purposes.

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi to tmj0

Premium Member

to tmj0
neither voip-info.org, voip watch nor voip lowdown has any mention of this. i'd take the OP with a grain of salt, given his registration date and lack of source citation.
tmj0
Schenectady, NY

tmj0

please go through the entire sign up flow online and let me know what happens.

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

1 edit

dmolavi to tmj0

Premium Member

to tmj0

well shit...i HAVE current SR service (2 for 1 deal), here is what i got:

Note
We are very sorry, but SunRocket service is not yet available in your area. We are expanding rapidly and would like to let you know when we launch service in your neighbourhood. If you give us your email address, we will notify you when service becomes available. We respect your privacy. Your contact information will not be disclosed to any third party for unrelated purposes.

BUT, i used the service address for my existing account (it picked up the dupe email address, i'd think the service address would be checked too).

BUT (#2), this could just be a glitch in the system.

BUT (#3) - I just tried w/ my neighbor's address, same message.

BUT (#4) - there is no BUT #4.
tmj0
Schenectady, NY

tmj0

Sad but true Well hopefully, someone will buy them and there will be no interruption in your service.
tmj0

tmj0

See...I wouldn't lie to you all

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

1 edit

dmolavi to tmj0

Premium Member

to tmj0

their number is still in the "Contact Us" section:

To contact Member Services by phone, please call 1-800-786-0132. Representatives are available 7 days a week from 7am to Midnight, ET.

EDIT: And on the Contact Us footer link:

Member Services: memberservices@sunrocket.com
(800) 786-0132
7am to Midnight ET,
7 days a week
10414459 (banned)
join:2007-04-23
Key West, FL

1 edit

10414459 (banned)

Uh, call and try to sign up. Dmolavi, I am sorry, but it is over.
DigitalPure
Maple Plain, MN

DigitalPure to tmj0

to tmj0
they took signup down for a few days during some of the other major upgrades that they did, could this not be one of them... it has happened in the past that no notification was sent out....

just hoping forthe best, as I like SR service, and not really up for leaving. I have been a SR customer since March 2005

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to dmolavi

Premium Member

to dmolavi
said by dmolavi:

well shit...i HAVE current SR service (2 for 1 deal), here is what i got:

Note

BUT, i used the service address for my existing account (it picked up the dupe email address, i'd think the service address would be checked too).

BUT (#2), this could just be a glitch in the system.

BUT (#3) - I just tried w/ my neighbor's address, same message.

BUT (#4) - there is no BUT #4.
I went through the process and got this
We're sorry. SunRocket was unable to confirm service for the address you entered. Please double check the address and try again. If you need further assistance, please call a sales agent at (800) 756-4017.
This is the same address that i had my account with last year.
They could be some going on at sunrocket. Hopefully they don't shut down and every one at sr don't loses their number.

CyberSultan
Premium Member

CyberSultan to tmj0

Premium Member

to tmj0
Is all this based on an automated message regarding number availability?

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi to 10414459

Premium Member

to 10414459
1-800-786-0132 works (didn't want to bug the call center, so hung up after pressing "2").

1-800-786-6515 works, too, same prompts. Again, didn't dial through to a rep, though.
dmolavi

dmolavi to CyberSultan

Premium Member

to CyberSultan
said by CyberSultan:

Is all this based on an automated message regarding number availability?
It's a message that appears when we try to fill out the online signup form.
10414459 (banned)
join:2007-04-23
Key West, FL

10414459 (banned) to dmolavi

to dmolavi
Dmolavi!!!! Dial through to a rep. It is over!!!!