jimeez
Heads Are Empty
Premium Member
join:2002-04-28
Newville, PA

jimeez

Premium Member

[Word] 2007 - Footer on one page only

I am trying to insert a footer into a multi-page document. I only want the footer to appear on one page. Could someone be kind enough to walk me through this? ...if it's possible...

Thanks in advance.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

DownLow

Premium Member

It is possible (and I am sure someone will tell you a more elegant way).

You need to start and end the page with a continuous section break - go to insert/break. Do one on the top, and then on the bottom.

Then go to view/header & footer. Insert what you want (use the "custom" if you want to make your own text) or use the insert page numbers which are accessed through the little icons.

Let me know if the helps.

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe to jimeez

MVM

to jimeez
If you want the footer only on the first page, you can use the "Different First Page" option as shown here: »www.uwec.edu/help/Word07 ··· irstpage

If you want it on a later page, you'd likely have to do something similar to what DownLow See Profile suggested.

jimeez
Heads Are Empty
Premium Member
join:2002-04-28
Newville, PA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite

jimeez to DownLow

Premium Member

to DownLow
I want the footer on a page in the middle of the document. And I was not able to get DownLow See Profile's suggestion to work. I don't get what to do as far as the page breaks are concerned. Also, view/header & footer no longer works in '07.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

DownLow

Premium Member

Hmm..you're right..I missed something. Let me recheck.
DownLow

1 edit

DownLow

Premium Member

Ah..you need to take of the link between the headers - there is a button highlighted in the header/footer section called "same as previous" - take that off on (but I think you might need to do that on every page but the one you want the footnote on).

I am using an older version of word..perhaps they changed it.

Damn, I used to know this stuff.