kudos:5

MD sound off

Md sound off please
»SOUND OFF.... by state please.

PetDude
Premium,ExMod 2001-10
join:2001-02-20
Annapolis, MD
From the land of pleasant living, Annapolis, MD. On the Chesapeake Bay, home of the United States Naval Academy, and all the Blue Crabs you can eat.

MrChuckles
Say What?
Premium
join:2000-11-19
Westminster, MD
reply to Annmarie
From the lovely little town of Westminster, MD...

a big HELLO!

sabu24

join:2001-10-02
Pikesville, MD
reply to Annmarie
Checking in from Reisterstown

instability6

join:2001-04-02
College Park, MD
reply to Annmarie
checking in from the DC Metro area

Awgeewhiz
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Delta, PA
reply to Annmarie
Aw, Gee, Whiz... Baltimore, Maryland. Real close to Towson ... just south of it by about a mile.
--
Out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the leased line, off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net.

him5
How 'Bout Some Ether?
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Westminster, MD
reply to MrChuckles
said by MrChuckles:
From the lovely little town of Westminster, MD...
I hope you are being sarcastic...

MrChuckles
Say What?
Premium
join:2000-11-19
Westminster, MD
Me? Sarcastic?? Never.

Demianwulf

join:2001-09-12
Hyattsville, MD
reply to Annmarie
Hyattsville....a small town in PG, Maryland that no one cares about besides all the caring people that live there But if ya had a hard time....It's cuz most of us migrated from DC hehe

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Annmarie
Another member of the Westminster MD DSLR gang here.

We bad.

Rembrandt

@bkftpout.com
reply to Annmarie
Rembrandt,
Former Comcast@home employee/webguy
from Towson MD area checking in with all his baggage.

shezams
My Other Car Is A Zamboni
Premium
join:2001-08-14
Hyattsville, MD
reply to Annmarie

Hyattsville heard from again!

Today Comcast @home. Tomorrow, well that's tomorrow!

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11
reply to Annmarie

Re: MD sound off

Baltimore City transplanted to Middle River. Lots of reasons, not the least of which was a parking ticket when I backed into a snow filled parking space. The Barney Fife wrote head in parking only on the ticket.
Still go back to DiPasquale's Grocery Deli. Marinated calamari, tree ripened green olives, tremendous Italian cold cut.
Thirteenth floor at the Belvedere. Night Club (non-meat market) impressive view and great music.
Berger's cookies
And been up in the pre-Preakness hot air balloon races three times from the Oregon Ridge launch. (Last time came down in the parking lot of a weapons place in Timonium, didn't know it as we were coming down, but the guards sure did )
--
A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold

kjguzzi
Monkeys make me laugh
Premium
join:2001-03-06
USA

reply to Annmarie
Glenn Dale Maryland,close enough to the potomac river,and far enough away from the city
--
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

[text was edited by author 2001-12-03 20:42:52]

Qtip1423

join:2000-12-26
Charlotte, NC
reply to Annmarie
Silver Spring checkin in! The best of both worlds here...hustle and bustle of city life (DC's about 10 minutes away), and peace and quiet of country life.
--
"I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve...I have a history of losing my shirt."-Barenaked Ladies "One Week"

just4info4

join:2001-11-13
Rockville, MD
reply to Annmarie
Wootton High area, Rockville Maryland checkin in. I have comcast@home service since November 1st 2001. I'm pretty satisified with the service given what has been going on recently. download has been steadily at 1.3Mbps recently.

System
reply to Annmarie
wooton ay, im straight up 28 at QO area =D

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
reply to Qtip1423
Another from Silver Spring, looks like we have the most from any area!
--
Socrates was the Jim McMahon of philosophy.

ickey

join:2001-12-13
Elkton, MD
reply to Annmarie
Tiny Elkton MD is logged in.

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD
Wow they have broadband in Elkton
Was there a couple of months ago to the downtown wedding chapel for a friend's daughter. Looked like a nice town.
--

rpcohen
Premium
join:2001-12-01
Stevenson, MD
reply to Annmarie
Checking in from Stevenson, MD. Too small to have snail mail delivery, too far away to get DSL, but close enough to Baltimore for cable access.

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD
Stevenson far enough away from the mess cable-ites are having in Montg. Co., P.G. Co., and some Anne Arundel?
Baltimore Co seems to have been spared that. Course would help if I knew exactly where no snail mail goes.
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to rpcohen
Stevenson has its own Post Office, but no delivery, huh? That's a pretty wealthy area; maybe in the past everyone used to have the servants go get the mail?

Broadband is better than mail delivery, anyway.

--
obfuscated

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
reply to Annmarie
Capitol Heights MD here

rpcohen
Premium
Stevenson, MD
reply to Rxdoxx
said by Rxdoxx:
Stevenson far enough away from the mess cable-ites are having in Montg. Co., P.G. Co., and some Anne Arundel?
Seems to be, probably in large part due to the fact that it's a semi-rural area so the housing isn't as dense. We do face our challenges, but there are some very good techs in this area that eventually get assigned to problems when all else fails.

quote:
Course would help if I knew exactly where no snail mail goes.
It doesn't. We all pick up our mail at the local post office every day.

rpcohen
Premium
Stevenson, MD
reply to fatness
said by fatness:
Stevenson has its own Post Office, but no delivery, huh? That's a pretty wealthy area; maybe in the past everyone used to have the servants go get the mail?
No, it's more like the Postmaster wanted to close down the local post office about 15 years ago because the area could be easily served by other much larger post offices nearby, but the locals reached a compromise to forsake mail delivery in exchange for keeping the local post office open. This all happened years before I moved here, but I understand that it is significantly more difficult for a post office to be closed than it is for a military base. I didn't find out about the lack of mail delivery until the day before I settled on my house, and when the previous owner told me I thought they were joking. All in all, however, it's been a surprisingly pleasant experience.

quote:
Broadband is better than mail delivery, anyway.

Agreed!

jkonrad
Konman
Premium
join:2001-10-04
Mount Airy, MD
reply to Annmarie
I'm here in Burtonsville typing this from my deck - though it is a little cold out this morning.

lou10bon

join:2001-07-21
Pasadena, MD
reply to Annmarie
checking in from pasadena, ( between baltimore and annapolis ). the only high speed i get here, is when i get in my car!

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to Annmarie
Parsonsburg in Wicomico County, Maryland here - a very small rural farm community with a firehall, a post office, an elementary / middle school and three convenience stores. I love it here.
10 miles west of Ocean City and 10 miles east of Salisbury
--
Where are we going? And what's with the hand basket?

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to Annmarie
Millersville, Maryland. How did I miss this forum? Find something new every day.