Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to russotto

Premium Member

to russotto

Re: Did They Survive The Trip?

said by russotto:

Don't be silly, it's still cop season in Philly, not executive season.
I thought it was Boy Scout Season.
russotto
join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ

russotto

Boy scouts are open season, no bag limit.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

N3OGH

Premium Member

Shit, now you guys got me double scared.

I was a boy scout, and now I'm a cop.

Looking both ways, and ducking behind cover.

Remember children. If it won't stop a bullet, it's not cover, it's concealment.

Cover- Engine block, giant rock, brick wall.

Concealment- A bush, wooden fence, a car door.

Knowing the difference is half the battle in the city of..er brotherly love.

Fortunately, I don't work there, I'm in the outer burbs, so usually it's lost dogs and domestics. But sometimes, it kicks off...

BTW, what Philly did to the scouts was reprehensible. Here we've got a city that is beset on all sides by the scum and villanry that is the result of fatherless children, and what do they do? Take a way from an organization that provides boys and young men with solid role models.

Life in these United States folks....

Qumahlin
Never Enough Time
MVM
join:2001-10-05
united state

4 edits

Qumahlin

MVM

Excuse me? Philadelphia being reprehensible? Try they stood up to closed minded homophobic organization. While I am not a homosexual I do believe that the city should not give money towards programs that claim to be for the public, but then blatantly discriminate against certain groups of people.

The boy scouts did it to themselves, the city gave them an option, either stop discriminating, or start paying for the space the city was giving you for next to NOTHING. You can't expect a city to give handouts to you so you can "help the public" when you are in fact discriminating against a sizable portion of the public. You can't use the money from gay taxpayers to underwrite an organization that openly hates gays (they can spin it anyway they want, bottom line is they hate gays)

Say what you want about the shootings and such but to say that philadelphia "Took a way from an organization that provides boys and young men with solid role models." I guess your idea of a good role model is a freeloading homophobe...

As for the topic on hand. EL made tons of promises to the city and once their financial issues hit the fan everything went to shit. It's not even your typically bureaucracy holding things up, its the fact that EL is hemorrhaging and nothing in the foreseeable future is going to change that for them at this point.

Can't blame EL, if they finish the network and keep to their promises, they will be deeper in the hole when they are forced to sell the infrastructure to the lowest bidder

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
Philly burbs

N3OGH

Premium Member

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I respect that.

The government uses my tax money to underwrite plenty of things I don't agree with. And I'm not talking about the war, or social programs, or whatever. All layers of government are rife with it.

The city absolutely has the right to kick them out of the building. I think it stinks, but I'm not saying they don't have the right.

Conversely, the scouts have the right, as a private organization to exclude anyone they wish from membership.

So both organizations are well within their rights.

On the other hand, I won't stop paying my taxes tomorrow if the gay and lesbian association sets up shop in a government owned building, and excludes straight people from being a member of their organization. I see these issues not as black and white, but shades of gray.

Do the Scouts exclude homosexuals? Sure they do. Is that right? I don't think so. I don't think people should go around trumpeting their sexual orientation at the top of their lungs. I don't go around telling everyone I like women. I just am who I am, and I keep it to myself.

Given the totality of the circumstances, and knowing Philly politics, as I'm sure you know them as well, living in West Chester. This was done for the purpose of political grandstanding.

In the end, I think the Scouts do more good than bad. Philadelphia is nothing short of a mess right now, and Street can't exit stage right fast enough. I hope Nutter does a better job. He seems like a pretty decent guy, as far as politicians go.

But, the fact remains that Philly is a city in crisis. Primarily due to the result of fatherless African American boys who fall victim to street life.

If we have an organization that can help some of these boys escape the dead end of life on the streets, even if that program has some flaws, or things we don't agree with, I say we should support that organization.

I'm sure you don't agree, and that's fine. I've said my peace. I have to run, so I wont be back tonight....

Voyager2K2
join:2001-10-04
Wayne, PA

Voyager2K2 to N3OGH

to N3OGH
Excuse me?
I live in the far western burbs and work in SW Philly.
Your comments about "fatherless children" is so ignorant and racist I can't believe you are in law enforcement.
The parents in these neighborhoods have to work so hard to keep their children away from the lure of easy money that selling drugs and being a thug I feel for them. It's the damn drone of the so-called hip-hop music that preaches this message to them. I am down in the trenches with these God fearing people every day doing my best to provide their children computers so they can educate themselves out of the place they are in however little a part I play. I have seen many, many do so and that's enough for me. Not looking for kudos on DSLR. The kids who go on to great respectful lives makes it worthwhile to me.

BTW I have dozens of true friends who are in Philly law enforcement.
You wouldn't last long if you really had to do police work in Philly. You can take that to the bank

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

1 recommendation

Jodokast96

Premium Member

Hate to say it, but you more or less made his point. It's not a racist comment he made, but a rather true one. The ones you are speaking of are getting what they need to stay on the right path, both from parents that care and people like yourself. Not that a single mother can't raise children by herself, but having a caring father around only makes it easier and gives a greater chance of success. It's the ones that don't get it the tend to be the ones that succumb to the easy money, thug, and drug life. These "men" then go on to have kids, and what are the kids left with? If the guy sticks around, the kid learns from a thug and drug dealer how to be a man. If the guy takes off, the kid probably has no immediate positive male role models to teach him. The kid most likely loses either way. Do good kids go bad? Sure. But the kids that are never even given a real chance stand to most likely turn bad at a higher rate.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

N3OGH

Premium Member

Pretty much the way I see it.

Voyager2k2, You can personally attack me, but I'm not going to bite, it's not who I am. I know who I am, what I can handle, and what I can't.

I'm not looking to knock any particular race, religion, creed, or person. I have nothing but respect for single parents who are trying to raise decent children in a hostile environment. It's not easy.

But to go off on your righteously indignant diatribe is nothing but pure hyperbole. I feel for single folks trying to raise decent children, but children need role models.

The fact is, a lack of positive male role models has led to the carnage we witness on the streets of Philadelphia today 400+ murders AGAIN this year.

Plenty of children raised under rough circumstances go on to make very good and respectful lives for themselves, but unfortunately a lot of them don't.

All I'm saying (in a nutshell) is children who have positive role models more often have brigther futures than kids who don't. Race, background, religion, etc matters not. An adult at the side of a child to help them through to adulthood is paramount to that child's future.

Besides, you have no damn clue what race I am. Have you ever met me, or saw me in public, or seen a picture of me? Didn't think so. You ASSUMED I was lily white based on my opinion.

Just slightly prejudiced, 'eh??

Voyager2K2
join:2001-10-04
Wayne, PA

Voyager2K2

Screw you.
I am trying to solve the problem.
Both of you are doing shit but making uninformed comment.
N3OGH PM me and I will let you meet some real cops.
My Dad was a township supervisor for over decade in Tredyffrin twp and oversaw the PD in that township.
Do I need to go in to the racist history of Tredyffrin PD?

BTW I am white as a sheet. I just know what goes on in this troubled part of Philly and how hard 99% of the parents of their babies work to get their kids out of here.
That's the reality of what goes on here in SW Philly.
It's very sad, but vast majority of the community including the local churches are doing everything they can to save the children here.
So STFU 'cause both of you don't know beans about what goes on in Philly.

It's sad but the community is working on it.
The voters in Philly hope mayor elect Nutter will help get the young thugs off the street regardless of who their parent(s) are.

Anyone reading this post should get on their knees and thank God that they did not have to grow up in an environment like SW Philly. That's why I help

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

3 edits

Jodokast96

Premium Member

And someone as blind as yourself I'm sure is making all the difference. You can't debate points that were made and instead resort to unwarranted name calling and insults. Some role model.