MVM
join:2002-07-31

1 edit

MGD to katarina2

MVM

to katarina2

Re: Unauthorized charges - digismarket & mfbpsite

said by katarina2:

I participate in an unrelated forum where people are reporting unauthorized $4.95 charges on checking accounts and credit card accounts from digismarket and mfbpsite.

I find very little that I am comfortable clicking on when I google this. Has anyone else here experienced anything related to these companies?
said by EGeezer:

......Banks and law enforcement treat them as one time $4.95 mistakes not worth pursuing rather than a $4.95 x 50,000 victim fraud scheme. That ensures their success.

The good thing is that MSNBC picked up the story. Maybe once the media start in with their hoopla - style reporting, the issues will be taken seriously.
I have experienced a considerable amount relating to who is really behind "these" companies. In fact, I could write a book about them, maybe even an e-book !!.

I stopped posting details about them earlier this year because the crime syndicate monitors the internet "noise levels" about themselves, and they adjust their tactics accordingly. Changing their operational procedures as a result of this feedback made them far more difficult to track and monitor. However, based on the recent wave of complaints on Chris Jupin's Blog and the subsequent
Red tapes article by Bob Sullivan, I am hoping that this may be another opportunity to get much needed media attention. Publicity, not only on the crime syndicate itself, but the fact that there is and has been continous embedded foreign access to consumer's entire card account data at the highest levels, that has yet to be uncovered.

I will provide specific details on how this crime syndicate operates, and their history. I realize that by publishing this information it may make it more difficult to monitor them going forward. However, I believe it will be worth it, if it succeeds in finally getting combined action to address both these gaping data security holes, and the criminal enterprise itself.

It is not that this syndicate has never garnered media coverage, they have, they crop up about once a year. However, no one has definitevly connected the dots publicly, nor documented the scope of this organized criminal enterprise. When one reviews the modus operandi of this multi million dollar crime syndicate's operation in its entirity, it is clearly a sophisticated well planned criminal enterprise that weaves a thread through clear weaknesses in our financial data and security systems. Though not necessarily the perfect crime, its sheer longevity and success, speaks volumes about the technical expertise and collective operational skills of those behind it. So how does one criminal enterprise end up sucking millions of dollars annualy out of consumers pockets?, and make no mistake, that's who ultimately pays for it. Besides the estimated annual $15 million in card fraud, add the average institional cost of $35 to replace a victim's card, and the total loss may be upwards of $70,000,000 a year.

The current focus on Equifax as a potential leak source by multiple victims of the fraud, is misguided. Based on considerable research, the source of the data is coming from much higher up the data chain. A persitent exploit exists, and has for quiet some time, that allows this Eastern European crime syndicate continous access to this data. In fact, the entire laundering operation is built around this hole.

Because this involves far more than the OP's original two domains digismarket.com and mfbpsite.com and will end up being a lengthy multiple post, I believe that it is better to continue with a new thread on the Scambuster forum.

See:
»Ebook websites, fraud charges, Devbill/DigitalAge/Pluto

MGD