sansri88
digital is here
Premium
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to newview

Re: Lol

Sad thing about my situation is, I live in a suburban environment and I can't get DSL. I can imagine someone out in the middle of no where not getting it, but look at where I am! The fifth largest township in NJ. Reasoning--too far from the CO.

ashworth7

join:2001-10-06
Pittsburgh, PA

If you're in VZ territory, chances are you'll be getting FiOS before anything else... It will only be a matter of time(12-36mo), before all off NJ is FTTP..At least you'll be in the pipeline for the future.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY
kudos:1

Yup, I'm VZ territory--former Bell Atlantic. FiOS is in all the townships around me, I hear this spring we're getting it.

Ulmo

join:2005-09-22
Aptos, CA

said by sansri88:

Yup, I'm VZ territory--former Bell Atlantic. FiOS is in all the townships around me, I hear this spring we're getting it.
As consumer internet offerings go, that's a short time away (if true).

wdoa

join:2001-10-16
Spencer, MA
reply to ashworth7

said by ashworth7:

If you're in VZ territory, chances are you'll be getting FiOS before anything else.
Unless you are in Masachusetts where Verizon is in a pissing match with the state and refuses to extend FIOS in the state beyond their current FIOS footprint.

VZ Guy

@myvzw.com
reply to sansri88

Unfortunately DSL is a distance technology and not a straight line distance. It is actual distance of the wire so if it is routed around your neighborhood and you are at the end of the line, you may not be able to get or get degraded speeds. However, VZ was not running any new fiber at the end of '07 because budgets were used and quotas achieved. They will be out running new fiber and lighting up wherever they can as of the new year '08 which is good news for the remainder of NJ. 11 new S NJ communities just lit up. »www.verizon.com/nj

studabak

@att.net
reply to sansri88

Greetings : I have similar frustration..... Cable is here but costly, as is satellite, and wireless..... 600 feet from Hwy. DSL is running down that trunk to/from next town....... and I can't have it because the line I'm on in that same trunk is over 12,000 feet from its hub station...... yet my friend in Oklahoma with Pioneer Telephone 30 miles from town just got DSL before Christmas...... I just have to wonder if some of us are being treated fourth rate in a third world way on purpose......