spc
Search similar:

uniqs

originalvztech
@verizon.net

originalvztech

Anon

If you have problems with FiOS TV....

If you are having problems with FiOS TV either pixelating/tiling/artifacting and have a 611i ONT (White ONT with 4 POTS ports, NO MOCA) or a Motorola 1000V and no one has been able to resolve the issue, check to make sure a low pass filter, MoCA Diplexer, or MOCA NID has been installed on the coax feed immediately after the ONT. There is a known issue that affects only these two types of ONTs. Basically, the video signal when tested appears to be normal and within specifications and so the tech doesn't seem to find anything wrong with the video signal out of the ONT. The actual cause however is isolated to a defect in the ONT Triplexer. What happens is that the MOCA from the Actiontec router or the motorola nim backfeeds into the ONT. The ONT is supposed to have a triplexer that keeps those signals from interefering with each other. To fix the problem, the Moca Lan signal (1125mhz-1175mhz) needs to be filtered out of the coaxial network prior to reaching the ONT 611i or ONT 1000V. The best way is to place a low pass filter immediately after the ONT which will pass through 5-860MHz video signal, but not allow the 1125-1175Mhz moca signal from the router to reach the ONT. This signal only needs to travel between router and set-top boxes. If a low pass filter is unavailable, then a diplexer or moca nid may be used. Please note this does not affect the MOCA cable ONT's such as the Tellabs 612, or the Motorola 1000M. If you are having problems with your TV service and everything else has been tried and you have this particular model ONT, make sure the technician tries this. If he has any questions tell him to refer to Doc. No. 2007-00021-MDP Issue C for methods and procedures.
Thought I would post this for those who may have this issue since unfortunately not every tech reads the methods and procedures or knows about this issue.