share rss forum feed

MSeng
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-08
join:2000-07-13
Ork
kudos:6

Poll: Recommended Apps - CD Creation Software

Poll
Which would you choose for the Software Forum Recommended CD Creation software?

Ahead Nero

Roxio Easy CD Creator

Golden Hawk CDRWIN

VOB Instant CD+DVD

Sony CD Extreme

Elaborate Bytes CloneCD

Oak Technology SimpliCD

Padus DiscJuggler

Votes:111

Please feel free to explain the advantages of your favorite application. The results will be included in the Recommended Applications FAQ.
--
Just remember . . . if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Jaime
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Huntington Beach, CA
Nero is the best. No coasters and its relatively small.:) Only bad thing is that it won't recognize my brothers compaq dvd drive:[.
--
»/r0/download/4···fEcology Fund and M00ooOO with me »/r0/download/4···ncow.gif

jovil

join:2000-11-26
Shrewsbury, MA

reply to MSeng
Nero seems to be the most reliable and in many ways more versatile than some others.

I also have Roxio which does have some nice programs to record audio, write VCD's and a decent Album creating program. So I do use sometimes.

My Sony came with B's Recorder Gold which also works well.

I am using them all with XP Home edition.

Somehow I always seem to go back to Nero for 90% of my burns.
[text was edited by author 2001-12-14 21:05:50]

dobby10
Premium
join:2000-12-13
Denville, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Jaime
I usually use Nero. But I have to say cloneCD is a pretty nice program especially if you need to make...well...don't want to say. I also use CeQuadrat just!burn for my second burner. Yes I have 2 burners in one PC. Burner #1 24x10x40 and #2 4x4x24. CDQuadrat is an older program but has a nice graphic interface which looks like Nero's new version.

Nazcar
Posting tag
Premium
join:2001-01-24
Topeka, KS
reply to MSeng
I voted for Nero but maybe for beginner's, Roxio Easy CD Creator might be better.Heck, I am just now getting the hang of Nero but I have not use it very much. Most of al my CD's I have burned where with Roxio Easy CD Creator because it came with my burner and I have not burned that many cd's since I got Nero.But I do not plan to go back to Roxio Easy CD Creator except maybe for a few utility's that has that Nero does not.
--
Learn from the best here at DSLR

sechs
Premium
join:2001-07-19
Left Coast
reply to MSeng
Where's WinOnCD? That's my boy. Too bad it doesn't come in English anymore....
--
It's not what you know but who you know...

Black Mammot
Enjoy The Ride

join:2000-06-12
Lovettsville, VA
reply to MSeng
I use Nero for everything. However, if Nero won't burn it, then I use Clone CD.

bleys4u
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Philadelphia, PA
reply to MSeng
roxio i have used easy cd since version 3.0 very satisfied..clone cd for copy's and bj's recorder gold isnt to bad came with my new sony
--
just another jon..working for a cure »teamhelix.tripod.com/

wzoo1

join:2001-06-28
MI, USA

reply to MSeng
I actually use these four programs:
Ahead Nero
Roxio Easy CD Creator
Golden Hawk CDRWIN
Elaborate Bytes CloneCD

I like Ahead Nero and CloneCD the best because you can burn/copy in raw data mode and copy games that are protected. I only use Easy CD Creator to burn personal files/backups!

[text was edited by author 2001-12-15 10:01:55]

Metal Head
Premium
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA
reply to MSeng
I like DiscJuggler, it works great for me!!!
--
God Bless America

Bobb5
Premium
join:2001-02-16
Kent, WA
Oak Technology SimpliCD was the top rated at several sites

»www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/···8,00.asp

»www.techtv.com/products/software···,00.html

»www.oaktech.com/products/recording_software/
--
Have you hugged your Glock today?

shaka
Swimming With Sharks
Premium
join:2000-12-13
AtTheBeach
reply to MSeng
I use Nero and Padus Diskjuggler. Nero is by far the easiest to use. Also it has a lot of options on what type of CD you want to burn.:)
--
What! What! What Do You Want!?!?!?! Leave My Ass Alone:)

slash
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-01
Boston
reply to MSeng
I like Nero. Easy CD Creator is too bloated even though it may be easier to use.
--
»www.geocities.com/slashdot14

MSeng
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-08
join:2000-07-13
Ork
kudos:6
reply to MSeng
Bumping up the polls. Tell all of your DSLR friends to join in on the voting.

Poll results will be added to the Recommended Software FAQ.
--
Just remember . . . if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

neill

join:2000-11-15
Irvington, NY
kudos:1
reply to MSeng
I use MusicMatch, which can be used for data as well as the various music formats. The freeware version is functional, but slow-- the full version ($20) works great

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

reply to MSeng
I use Nero right now; certainly great, but until I can get inCD to work on XP, I'll have to vote for EZ CD, even thought that one gave me a lot of @$%^, except for DirectCD. that one worked like a dream.

However, right now besides Nero I use others like CloneCD and CDRwin. There is also XP's built-in burning, but haven't tried that yet. CloneCD and CDRwin I leave for more specialized tasks, that Nero or EZ CD couldn't do.
--
Everything AOL touches just plain sucks. End of Story!

[text was edited by author 2001-12-19 00:40:30]

Digibits
Premium
join:2000-09-02
The Hilltop
reply to neill
I'll second MusicMatch. May not have all the bells and whistles that Nero (a great program) has, but the price is right.
--
Quality isn't expensive ... its priceless

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
reply to Black Mammot
said by Black Mammoth:
I use Nero for everything. However, if Nero won't burn it, then I use Clone CD.
Ditto same procedure I use!
--
Please DONATE!

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11
reply to MSeng
Adaptec Easy CD which came with my hardware.
Don't like its window (messed too many disks trying to get comfortable with it), usually close that, right click the tray icon and choose format, then drag what I want over to the drive.
--
A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold

Lud

join:2000-08-04
Brooklyn, NY

reply to MSeng
Another vote for Nero. Its the first cd burning software i ever used and i just stick with it cause its easy to use.

[text was edited by author 2001-12-19 15:01:38]

tke711
Premium
join:2001-03-31
Everywhere
reply to MSeng
I had been just using the built-in burning of WinXP Home using the Windows Media Player. It had been working well and was fairly easy to use.

But, after following this thread and seeing all the good comments for Nero, I decided to give it a try. WOW!!!! I LOVE IT!! Nero is easier to use and much faster than WMP.

The only negative I can find with Nero, is the label creating software they build in. I can't get that to work. Other than that, it definitely has my recommendation and I will continue to use it.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendation!!
--
"The body cannot live without the mind."

longjack

join:2000-10-29
Palermo, ME
reply to MSeng
I like Nero for backing up files and burning MP3's. I voted for Nero because I use it the most. A good all-around program.

I use CDRWin for making bootable ISO's and for erasing CD_RW's.

CloneCD definitely, for a disc to disc.

longjack

vice8686

join:2000-10-13
Lancaster, CA
reply to dobby10
said by dobby10:
I also use CeQuadrat just!burn
So do I;) I've been using it for a few years now, came as part of a bundle with my Compaq. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best. Just pisses me off that I couldn't get it to work with XP Home:(

Maranello
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-08
Butler, PA
reply to MSeng
Nero is my favorite. I have too many problems with EZCD.

SeminoleRob

join:2001-12-19
Panama City, FL
reply to MSeng
Nero most of the time. When I have something that Nero is having problems with, I use Clone.

WSoxRock
Go Sox

join:2000-10-10
Lake Villa, IL
reply to MSeng
I started out using Adaptec/Roxio but have since switched over to Nero. Have had great luck with Nero. Only had a few coasters and that was when first started using Nero. Didn't have something set right.
--
If God had wanted to go around nude, He would have given us bigger hands.

fnkydrmr2

join:2000-10-28
Rolling Meadows, IL
reply to MSeng
I voted for Ahead Nero. Easy CD Creator was the first software I used for burning but when someone gave me an old 1x burner the lastest version of that app wouldn't recognize it. Nero seems to work with it just fine. I don't know about all the bells and whistles because I really haven't tried them, although since you guys mentioned them I will. I do have trouble copying disk to disk. I forget the error I get but I just chalked it up to old junk equipment. I will give Clone CD a try for making back ups since it comes so highly recommended.

Thx for the info!
Fnkydrmr
--
We can't go around making sense, can we? What would people think?

acuraman
Outta shape new dad
Premium
join:2001-03-02
Campbell, CA
reply to MSeng
I voted Roxio because I love how easy it is and I have used Nero but came back to Roxio just for the ease of use.

ThreeD
Premium
join:2001-05-19
Southern Cal
reply to MSeng
I have to give my vote to Nero. Had EasyCD but it kept giving me coasters a lot of the time. Also kept losing the CDRW drive until I powered down completely and then did a reboot. Drive would come back every time but would disappear again at random times. Nero has been rock solid and drives stay put. Only issue seems to be with InCD and AVP (KAV) conflict that I have yet to figure out.

the immortal one

join:2001-07-27
S.E.MI.
reply to MSeng
For me, NERO first, CDRWIN is second.