Search similar:

uniqs
Bee Beep
join:2007-09-21
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

Bee Beep

Teksavvy's throttling now? Just a vent, nothing is needed.

Recently, my BT download is limited to 30k. No matter if I am opening 1 torrent or 10 torrents at a time, the total download had never go over 30k. Before I decided to change to Teksavvy from Bell, I was able to do 50k with Bell's throttle. I heart everybody saying how Teksavvy won't throttle your P2P bandwidth and stuff. It work great for me at the beginning, but I think that is all history now.

P.S. I had been doing BT 24/7 for a few years now. I know my setting and there is nothing wrong with them.

Mersault
join:2007-10-26
Toronto, ON

Mersault

Have you checked your line stats? Perhaps Bell lowered your profile. What are your speed tests?
bacon612
join:2007-10-31
Oakland, CA

bacon612 to Bee Beep

to Bee Beep
working fine for me i have maxed out my TSI connection in 2 locations all weekend long...

JayMan26
Whoot
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Earth

JayMan26 to Bee Beep

Premium Member

to Bee Beep
No throttling going on here.

TSI
System Admin
Premium Member
join:2007-02-17
Merlin, ON

TSI to Bee Beep

Premium Member

to Bee Beep
We are not throttling anything and as far as I am aware will never throttle anyone. We don't believe in it. There is most likely an issue with your line or your hardware. If you'd like for us to check out either please feel free to post your username over in the direct forum.

Regards,

Rick
gord27
join:2005-05-01
Mississauga, ON

gord27 to Bee Beep

to Bee Beep
working fine here. strange how you had a 50k cap on bell and everyone else has a 30k cap... maybe you're special.

beep
@teksavvy.com

beep to Bee Beep

Anon

to Bee Beep
try increasing your max upload speed...
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei to Bee Beep

Premium Member

to Bee Beep
I've never done BT. So I am no expert in this. But is it possible that the change is at the remote ends where the servers are overloaded and you can't get the same throughput as before ?

If you choose different torrent feeds, does the 30kbps limit still apply ?

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18

Angelo

Premium Member

if your maxing upload your downloads will be slow
Bee Beep
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

Bee Beep to TSI

to TSI
said by TSI:

We are not throttling anything and as far as I am aware will never throttle anyone. We don't believe in it. There is most likely an issue with your line or your hardware. If you'd like for us to check out either please feel free to post your username over in the direct forum.

Regards,

Rick
Can you point me to the direct forum please. Thank you.

FYI. I am away from the remote (as far as all other tech guy told me), so I know my connection will be slow. I was able to do 100k-110k max BT downloading when I first join TSI (And before Bell start throttling), I am happy already, but now just keep steady at 30k.
dmk
join:2007-01-17

dmk to Bee Beep

to Bee Beep
there is a good chance you could still be connected to bell. you waited out the 30 day cancellation thing etc....

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium Member

2 edits

Angelo

Premium Member

Click for full size
pleae post here
»/forum ··· avdirect

if you have a green glow over tsidirect

it is advisable not to post any personal information such as name, address, dsl user name in the regular teksavvy forum as any user can see it.

also make sure not to do that for your title in teksavvy direct as again anyone can see the titles.

good luck

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to dmk

MVM

to dmk
Doesn't matter, if he's using his Sympatico login.

If the best speeds he ever got were under a megabit per second, he's on a really marginal line. He'd be syncing at 1-1.1 megabits per second (perhaps a 1.2mbit profile that couldn't quite sync at full speed).

It wouldn't take much of a change in line stats to require a drop from 1.2mbit to 384kbit for downstream sync rate.

cluster5
join:2005-10-12

cluster5 to Bee Beep

to Bee Beep
Downloaded torrents yesterday and hit my maxium speed limit all the time. No throttling.

I'd check the following in order before jumping to throttling conclusion.

1. Router config (Port redirected)
2. Torrent client configuration (don't leave too many connection opened, otherwise the router my freeze/jam)
3. The torrent you're actually downloading dosen't have much seeds/tracker not responding/relying only on DHT with unpopular torrent.
4. Connection issue.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

I downloaded torrents yesterday too. I hit a max speed of 10.5 MB/s.

Of course, I was at a LAN party with a dedicated 150mbit fibre link just for the event... :P
Bee Beep
Scarborough, ON

Bee Beep

Remember when Bell first start throttling and most people say there is no such thing happening? Calling people lier? Posting stat to show off how good the downloading is?

JGROCKY
Premium Member
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

JGROCKY

Premium Member

We do not throttle.

GKC
join:2008-03-07
Toronto, ON

1 edit

GKC

Teksavvy's throttling now?

I don't know how many times I've seen posts by Rocky and Rick assuring their subscriber's that TekSavvy does not throttle, and that, TekSavvy does not believe in throttling, and, yet, the message still isn't across that TekSavvy does not throttle. Wake up and smell the coffee, people, or we'll throw you all into the darkness for one hour on March 29 between the hours of 8-9 p.m. for Earth Hour to think about it.

NoOneImportant
@adultxspace.com

NoOneImportant to JGROCKY

Anon

to JGROCKY

Re: Teksavvy's throttling now? Just a vent, nothing is needed.

said by JGROCKY:

We do not throttle.
Rocky, I'm not a technical expert but is it possible that Bell is doing the throttling before it goes to your network?
zinc
Premium Member
join:2004-02-17
Kitchener, ON

zinc

Premium Member

AFAIK Bell doesn't have the technology to throttle like that. Instead what is possible if all downloads are going slow (not just torrents) then it's possible that Bell's network is saturated in the op's area... that wouldn't be anything that hasn't happened before.
sMURF
join:2007-02-27
Toronto, ON

1 edit

sMURF to GKC

to GKC

Re: Teksavvy's throttling now?

said by GKC:

I don't know how many times I've seen posts by Rocky and Rick assuring their subscriber's that TekSavvy does not throttle, and that, TekSavvy does not believe in throttling, and, yet, the message still isn't across that TekSavvy does not throttle. Wake up and smell the coffee, people, or we'll throw you all into the darkness for one hour on March 29 between the hours of 8-9 p.m. for Earth Hour to think about it.
It's easier for people to blame the ISP instead of themselves.

Bee Beep, try this torrent, it should either max out or get close to your max download speed: »releases.ubuntu.com/7.10 ··· .torrent

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash to Bee Beep

Premium Member

to Bee Beep

said by Bee Beep:

Remember when Bell first start throttling and most people say there is no such thing happening? Calling people lier? Posting stat to show off how good the downloading is?
If everyone says they're not being throttled and the owners/employees says there is none, you better believe it.

GKC
join:2008-03-07
Toronto, ON

GKC

Teksavvy's throttling now?

Exactly!

frankhomeand
Cisco Geek
join:2004-12-05
Oakland, CA

1 edit

frankhomeand to Bee Beep

to Bee Beep

okay 2 things
like rocky said there is no throottling and i am running utorrent make sure ur ports are open drop the upload speed down so your download can get through and it really depends on the torrent. like torrents can be slow since there are more leechers than seeds enuf said like a popular linux iso with 1000 seeds and like 200 leechers will be better than something with like 5000 seeds and 8000 leechers the more seeds than leechers the faster

it depends on the torrent mainly is what i mean and i've been online almost all weekened no probs here.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to zinc

to zinc
said by zinc:

AFAIK Bell doesn't have the technology to throttle like that.
Even if Bell had the equipment, they probably would not have the legal clearance to actively interfere with wholesale traffic.

As you said in the rest of your post, Bell is most likely experiencing local link or equipment overload. Me and a few others in the Anjou and St-Leonard areas have encountered somewhat lousy speeds during peak hours over the last few weeks or months. In my case, line stats certainly are not to blame with 4dB up / 10dB down attenuation and 26dB down SNRM. Everything was great for the first two weeks from activation but it has been slowly going downhill with no change in line stats.

While downloading torrents, the highest I can push my upload before the whole thing starts falling apart is around 45KB/s. This is at least 20KB/s short of what I was expecting from a 800kbps sync.

Quake110
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

Quake110 to Bee Beep

Premium Member

to Bee Beep
The mighty Rocky's answer:
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.
We do not throttle.

I think it's clear enough
Bee Beep
Scarborough, ON

Bee Beep

Thanks for all the inputs. I do believe there is more than one reason that my BT download is max out @ 30k while speed test and direct download go to 100k+. Hope that I can work with Teksavvy to solve my problem soon. Thanks again.
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei to The Flash

Premium Member

to The Flash
>If everyone says they're not being throttled and the
>owners/employees says there is none, you better believe it.

If you've said something that irritated the network guru(s), then it is possible that guru would have added some router filters that affect just you. (and of course, the owners wouldn't know about this).

The best bet is for you to write a public apology to the network gurus at Teksavvy, and then send half a dozen bananas as well as 2 dozen timbits via FedEx to the Teksavvy barn in Chatham, and then pray that they remove the filter that applies just for you.

(Make sure the courrier company you use delivers to the small farming community of Chatham in reasonable time, if Teksavvy ends up getting a box full of decomposing bananas mixed with moss-covered timbits, they may get even more mad at you and lower your speeds even further

Seriously though:

Have you tried »speedtest.teksavvy.com ?

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium Member

Angelo

Premium Member

jf forgot to mention to include a note of what you expect to be resolved
Angelo

1 edit

Angelo

Premium Member

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· QjoVRYY8