share rss forum feed

POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA

1 recommendation

When Pigs Fly Out of My Butt

Well this story is just about the biggest lot of unadulterated, happy corporate PR horseshit that I've ever seen. I don't believe for one minute that Comcrap will completely get rid of the blocking/throttling. They'll just do it a lot more quietly now that all eyes are upon them. And in another 3-6 months from now, after the EFF has gone away and subscribers stop watching, they'll return to the practice.
--
The Toll

Let's Go Flyers!

LeftOfSanity
People Suck.

join:2005-11-06
Dover, DE
said by POB:

Well this story is just about the biggest lot of unadulterated, happy corporate PR horseshit that I've ever seen. I don't believe for one minute that Comcrap will completely get rid of the blocking/throttling. They'll just do it a lot more quietly now that all eyes are upon them. And in another 3-6 months from now, after the EFF has gone away and subscribers stop watching, they'll return to the practice.
Some will never be happy.
--
Fighting on the Internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Win or lose, your still Retarted!

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to POB
said by POB:

I don't believe for one minute that Comcrap will completely get rid of the blocking/throttling.
This press release says absolutely nothing about getting rid of blocking/throttling, so I'm not sure what let you to that determination. And you're right, no residential ISP is going to completely get rid of blocking/throttling.

Big Time
Pull My Finger
Premium
join:2002-10-19
Washington
reply to POB
said by POB:

Or they remove the throttles and start up a pay-per-byte plan and someone ends up with a $1200 bill for "overage charges".
--
Have a nice day. Somewhere else.