uniqs
share rss forum feed

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit

New HD VOD Areas

Can anyone in the following areas report if you are getting HD VOD today, if not then check tomorrow.

Texas
California
Maryland
Northern NJ
Philadelphia/Delaware

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4

Re: New HD VOD Areas?

I'll check when I get home, but out of curiosity, why do you think it would happen today? Is it just a guess, or is it based off of some other information that you've heard. For the record, and for what it's worth, I did check yesterday and found none.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
Some info which I heard, those areas should light up today/tomorrow.

CeeZee

join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA
Nothing here yet in PA/Del.

PJL

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl
Nothing in Southern Californa.

dimi1963

join:2001-12-27
Union, NJ
reply to matcarl
Nothing here in NJ

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
Let's hope for later today/tomorrow then, thanks for checking.

stray

join:2000-01-16
Warren, NJ
reply to matcarl

HD Menu

HD PPV
In Central NJ there's a whole folder marked High Definition that's full of PPV and one fight. Nothing free, however. Maybe there's somewhere else to look?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
said by stray:

Maybe there's somewhere else to look?
What if you go into VOD Search and type: HD

lansdalepa

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl
i guess this is a stupid question,but why doesn't V* just make a hd folder,oh wait,that would be too logical

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
said by lansdalepa :

i guess this is a stupid question,but why doesn't V* just make a hd folder,oh wait,that would be too logical
Uhmmm... You mean like the one called "High Definition" in the screen shot posted above?

JTBurn

join:2003-11-08
Ellicott City, MD
reply to matcarl
In Maryland there is an HD movie folder with 45-50 movies that appear to b e in HD. I'm not spending 6$ to find out though.

There is also a folder with some free shows from HD Net, CBS, Discovery, etc.

JTBurn

Ellicott City, MD
reply to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

said by lansdalepa :

Uhmmm... You mean like the one called "High Definition" in the screen shot posted above?
I agree. It is difficult to mark it more clearly than "High Definition"

dimi1963

join:2001-12-27
Union, NJ
reply to dimi1963
said by dimi1963:

Nothing here in NJ
I stand corrected, there is a folder called High Definition, and has a lot of HD content. I did a quick check and the quality is really good....

I think that this is an indication of more HD coming....

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to matcarl
Present in Texas.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to matcarl
I'm soooo envious! Any rumors for the Oregon market?

lets456

join:2008-01-21
Hainesport, NJ
reply to dimi1963
said by dimi1963:

said by dimi1963:

Nothing here in NJ
I stand corrected, there is a folder called High Definition, and has a lot of HD content. I did a quick check and the quality is really good....

I think that this is an indication of more HD coming....
I am in the S. jersey area in the Philadelphia market...is that the same...i see your in NJ as well.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY
reply to matcarl
How about NY?

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit
I think that just leaves NY and 0regon

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

Huntington Station, NY
reply to matcarl
We are experts at waiting in NY. Are they charging an extra dollar for the HD movies?

CeeZee

join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA
reply to matcarl
said by matcarl:

I think that just leaves NY, OR and Pittsburgh left
Still nothing here in Philly area.

stray

join:2000-01-16
Warren, NJ
reply to matcarl

Free HD VOD

The photos I posted above were from my SD STB. On my HD PVR, there's an added category under High Definition which has the usual Network VOD: CBS, DISC, HDNET, GOLF, Wealth, MHD, and a few others. Content is fairly limited, but it works. I watched some "Dirty Jobs" and the feed is fairly compressed...much more so than the live version. Nonetheless, it's better than no HD, but the PQ reminds me of Comcast HD.

RADIOBOB

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl

Re: New HD VOD Areas?

In Md HD Vod folder shows pay movies (which I have not checked) and a few free options which when selected say "not subscribed to this package" This has been the case for several weeks. I called in some time ago ..talked to a representative and then a supervisor who were completely clueless. Later that night I received a callback from a lady who said "we're working on it."

JTBurn

Ellicott City, MD
said by RADIOBOB :

In Md HD Vod folder shows pay movies (which I have not checked) and a few free options which when selected say "not subscribed to this package".
The free options work for me in MD.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
said by JTBurn:

said by RADIOBOB :

In Md HD Vod folder shows pay movies (which I have not checked) and a few free options which when selected say "not subscribed to this package".
The free options work for me in MD.
This is the same for all VOD. Unfortunately, it lists subscription VOD as free but then if you don't actually subscribe to that package, you get that message. If the program description says cost is $0.00 then it's a subscription VOD and not regular/premier package VOD. Otherwise, you don't know until try -- annoys the heck out of me when I'm browsing by genre via VOD search

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

Huntington Station, NY
reply to RADIOBOB
Gee....."Competely Clueless" and "We're working on it" in the same sentence about customer service.

Never heard that one before.....

RADIOBOB

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl
Believe it or not they just added a "High Definition" folder in the
browse section of Video on Demand. Subgroups are HDTV HD Movies and HD Events. Haven't checked them all but HDTV includes CBS HD and I was able to access CSI in HD.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

Huntington Station, NY
What state are you in?

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
reply to matcarl
It sounds like this may be happening over the course of the day. Over at highdefforum, someone in NJ posted about seeing the HD folder with lots of stuff in it. Someone else from NJ (not too far from the first guy), as of 11:00 this morning didn't see anything. That second guy checked again, just recently and the folder was there. Is it possible that they're rolling this out CO by CO over the course of today and tomorrow?

Also, anyone who sees the folder, would you happen to know if there are any premium HD offerings there yet? I'm really looking forward to Starz HD VOD.

RADIOBOB

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl
Maryland