how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yes_fix_4u

@sbcglobal.net
reply to no_fix_4U

Re: AT&T claims this is fixed???

It's a hotfix, not a firmware change. I have U-verse and they first pushed out a hotfix then they updated the firmware fixing some other things. look at your MDC page: »home/mdc at the bottom of the System Settings page and look for hotfix or uihotfix. My brother has normal adsl and he has the patch and I believe it says hotfix. Oh, he has a 2701(?) and the firmware didn't change, just a component was added.

»New Firmware for 3800 Series

no_fix_4me

@sbcglobal.net

U-verse isn't the universe

Ok, I understand that on a 2Wire forum, some fanboys will come out in defense, but it's foolish to claim that everything's hunky-dory because a very small subset - U-verse and a select few others - have the hotfix.

Yes, I've checked the MDC. I don't have the hotfix, my mother doesn't have it, and the neighbors I've checked with don't have it. Therefore a reasonable conclusion is that a large number of AT&T users remain unpatched.

I'm happy for you U-verse customers who have the fix, but the reality is that U-verse is new and represents the minority of users.

jr9730

join:2000-11-22
Torrance, CA

What version gateway do you have? The fix has hit a majority of ATT users at this time?

no_fix_4me

@sbcglobal.net

See above - from me and others who haven't been updated.

jr9730

join:2000-11-22
Torrance, CA

All older gateways should be almost done now too I think - send me a message and dont be anon so we can commuicate with you..