join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

Dominokat to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

Okay here I am saying Hello!
I am completely new to the Mac scene. I bought a Macbook yesterday (4/31) and have since been on it all day long using it and trying to figure it out.
I like it allot. Among having to learn where to find things, I need to learn how to do so called "simple" things that seemed easy with the PC. For example, saving a picture from the web???? PC= right click, and save picture. Mac= I don't know yet.

I guess I'll figure it out some time. Mean while, I love the Macbook and am very happy I finally bought one. I've wanted one for at least 2 years.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

1 edit

Coma

Premium Member

Welcome to the forum.

dscl
join:2001-07-15
Suwanee, GA

dscl to Dominokat

to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

saving a picture from the web???? PC= right click, and save picture. Mac= I don't know yet.
Hold the control key (ctrl +click is the right click) down while clicking on the image.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by dscl:
said by Dominokat:

saving a picture from the web???? PC= right click, and save picture. Mac= I don't know yet.
Hold the control key (ctrl +click is the right click) down while clicking on the image.

The mouse driven Safari drop down menu item for that is . . . > File > Save As. This opens a dialog box asking whether to save as Web Archive (images) or Page Source (code). Navigate to the desired folder and hit the Save Button.

Same as the keyboard control + right click.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

That a great tip. Quite simple really.
Thanks!