All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
gworkman
join:2005-10-18
Las Vegas, NV

gworkman

.01%

Seems to be a reasonable level to start out with. If only 14,000 of 14 Million are crossing this threshold, it would stand to reason these folks are doing something outside the norm. I'm sure those 14,000 have neighbors that would be better served if the hogs paid a bit more attention to their usage. There are some who, given all they can consume, will consume much more than they need.

Toolittletoolate

Anon

Those .01% over users of today are tomorrows "normal" users. So what's going to happen when everyone else catches up to the "heavy" users? Are the caps going to stay the same or change?

TIGERON
join:2008-03-11
Boston, MA

TIGERON to gworkman

to gworkman
Comcast is lying about it being the top .01%. I think the number of former subscribers that have been booted off are much higher.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

1 recommendation

patcat88 to Toolittletoolate

to Toolittletoolate
The beancounters say that regardless of how many customers you loose, that is still better than upgrading. The more customers you loose, the longer you can depreciate equipment making a net increase in income.

StevenB
Premium Member
join:2000-10-27
New York, NY
·Charter

StevenB to gworkman

Premium Member

to gworkman
cable companies got caught with their pants down, hence why you're seeing all these issues of caps. They spent all the money else where, instead of upgrading their plants, and network qos.

verizon i tip my hat to, they spent their money wisely and with all the tv franchise deals getting passed, they will rake in the cash.