uniqs

ilmickeyli
Yes, There Is A Kalamazoo
join:2002-05-18
Portage, MI

ilmickeyli to Edit This

to Edit This

Re: It's official: Comcast starts 250GB bandwidth caps October 1

I don't know what I'm going to do... Between the VOD (Netflix) and playing xbox live A LOT, this is very concerning.

I honestly do not torrent anymore, I've grown out of that phase..

If this would actually stabilize speeds in my area, then I'd be for it.. But I'm sure it will not.

Unfortunately I don't know how much bandwidth 4-5 hours of halo 3 would take up.. Nor do I know how to meter it :-\

Thanks Comast -- Charter here I come (again)!

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by ilmickeyli:

Nor do I know how to meter it :-\
Du Meter or netmeter will let you keep track of your bw.

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
join:2003-02-20
Salisbury, NC
·Hotwire Communic..

Chiyo

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

said by ilmickeyli:

Nor do I know how to meter it :-\
Du Meter or netmeter will let you keep track of your bw.
Not if you have a storage server or move content around your house it skews the #s.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

"Net Meter monitors network traffic through all network connections on the computer it's installed on, and displays real-time graphical and numerical downloading and uploading speeds. The software supports to display transfer rates of multiple network connections at the same time. It also logs network traffic and provides daily, weekly, monthly, and summary traffic reports.. The software supports to show transfer rates for multiple connections at the same time. You can view WAN and LAN transfer rates at a time."

I don't use netmeter but i found this in the faq. Not sure if there's a way to show lan usage separately.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to ilmickeyli

Premium Member

to ilmickeyli
said by ilmickeyli:

I don't know what I'm going to do... Between the VOD (Netflix) and playing xbox live A LOT, this is very concerning.

I honestly do not torrent anymore, I've grown out of that phase..

If this would actually stabilize speeds in my area, then I'd be for it.. But I'm sure it will not.

Unfortunately I don't know how much bandwidth 4-5 hours of halo 3 would take up.. Nor do I know how to meter it :-\

Thanks Comast -- Charter here I come (again)!
Comcast isn't changing their practice, they just added a number to it. If you're not having a problem now, you're not likely to. As for Halo, online gaming bandwidth is minimal, it should be a non-issue (probably less than 10 KB/s each direction, depending on the game).

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
join:2003-02-20
Salisbury, NC

Chiyo to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
I've tried it in the past and its B.S I've never got it working because there is no way to talk to my WAN device (router) and I'm not buying nor installing multiple NICs to satisfy my ISP.

techguy
@pacbell.net

techguy to ilmickeyli

Anon

to ilmickeyli
expect charter to only be worse than bombcast in terms of bandwidth caps!