Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to MADx

Re: Comcast 250GB limit

quote:
To run afoul of these limits, Comcast said, customers would have to do one of the following: send 50 million e-mails; download 62,500 songs; download 125 standard-definition movies; or upload 25,000 high-resolution digital photos.
. . . or download 2 hours per night of Hi-Def programming with your DirecTV DVR.

2Hrs = 10GB
30 days = 300GB

So, watching ONE movie per night that you download with DirecTV's new VOD service will put you over the cap.
--

Ö¿Ö
The Rules of Spam | Maryland's Newest Anti-Spam Law
Where are we going? And what's with the hand basket?

sturmvogel
Obama '08

join:2008-02-07
Houston, TX
said by newview:

quote:
To run afoul of these limits, Comcast said, customers would have to do one of the following: send 50 million e-mails; download 62,500 songs; download 125 standard-definition movies; or upload 25,000 high-resolution digital photos.
. . . or download 2 hours per night of Hi-Def programming with your DirecTV DVR.

2Hrs = 10GB
30 days = 300GB

So, watching ONE movie per night that you download with DirecTV's new VOD service will put you over the cap.
Well, since you would use one of Comcast's competitor, you would be an "abuser".
--
Treason is a matter of dates

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
said by sturmvogel:

Well, since you would use one of Comcast's competitor, you would be an "abuser".
That's always been apparent to me, since they charge me a penalty of $15.00 more a month because I choose to go with DirecTV instead of their crappy cableTV.
--

Ö¿Ö
The Rules of Spam | Maryland's Newest Anti-Spam Law
Where are we going? And what's with the hand basket?

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to newview
said by newview:

2Hrs = 10GB
30 days = 300GB

I keep wondering why a satellite video provider can't send THEIR video product, to THEIR customers, over THEIR own system?
Why don't users/pundits complain about their lack of capacity?