how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

awbishop

join:2004-08-26
Chicago, IL

[CATV] New HD Channels in Chicago

I got home tonight to find several new HD channels on the guide. Excellent job guys!

Raz3000

join:2006-05-07
Chicago, IL
Yep I see these new channels (non-premium)

-MyNetworkTV (WPWR Chicago)
-Lifetime
-ABC Family
-Disney
-Toon Disney
-Fox News
-Fox Business
-ESPNEWS
-Speed
-NHL
-Golf

Plus about 7 new Premium movie channels

awbishop

Chicago, IL
Yeah, a fwe HBO's and couple of Cinemax channels, when I spoke to them last, they indicated that they needed to finish the 'crush' completely then they would start rolling out new/enhanced services

spongyfungy

join:2002-08-15
Chicago, IL
reply to awbishop
I'm very happy.

HBO Family
HBO 2
HBO Signature
HBO Zone
HBO Comedy
MoreMax
Action Max
Showtime Too

rcbrcb
Premium
join:2007-02-21
reply to awbishop
Now we just need to get RCN to register these new channels with Tribune Media so HD TiVo's can be updated. Notification had not yet been provided as of 9:00am this morning! Why is this always such a battle for RCN to accomplish?????

awbishop

Chicago, IL
Considering their own website isnt even accurate now, I would say give them time. It was a welcome surprise, considering they hadnt announced any new channels.

jonbrach

join:2005-03-31
New York, NY
that sounds great...i cant wait to get those new stations in HD and more here in NYC...hopefully soon!

spongyfungy

Chicago, IL
reply to Raz3000
Another one added. GreenHD.

nickcatal

join:2008-06-23
Chicago, IL
reply to awbishop

nickcatal

join:2008-06-23
Chicago, IL
reply to awbishop
So wait... there is Fox Business News HD but not CNBC HD...

That doesn't make much sense... must get the Business News for free (or on the cheap) when you license Fox News... I could see no other reason to have that channel and not CNBC HD

rcbrcb
Premium

1 edit
reply to awbishop
4 Days have now passed and the new HD channels STILL have not been registered with Tribune Media!! Seems to me there should be a process in place to make sure a week doesnt go by beofre this happens...Last time it took RCN 2 Weeks to file a new Lineup!

Those of us with HD TiVo's would like these channels as well!

rcbrcb
Premium

1 edit
reply to awbishop
Suprise....Yet another day has gone by and RCN still has yet to file the new Chicago HD channels with Tribune Media. Those of us with HD TiVo's are SOL I guess....Shouldnt be that difficult, Tribune Media has even sent a request to RCN for the info and has gotten NO response....

Could one of the RCN customers who is using RCN receiver equipment pleasse post the channels with channel #'s that were added last week to the HD lineup in Chicago.

Much Thanks.......Rob

awbishop

Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

Rob,

I think this list is complete, I will admit I didnt look to see if there were any SD channels that were added..

639 Lifetime HD
641 ABC-Family HD
645 GREEN-HD
647 Disney-HD
648 Toon Disney - HD
653 FOX NEWS - HD
654 FOX Business - HD
683 ESPN News HD
693 NHL HD
694 Golf HD
701 HBO FAMILY HD
702 HBO 2 HD
703 HBO SIGNATURE HD
704 HBO ZONE HD
705 HBO COMEDY HD
711 MOREMAX HD
713 ACTION MAX HD
721 SHOWTIME TOO HD*

Showtime TOO was added as 721, which was originally TMC-HD (and is listed on the channel list still as that with RCN) TMC-HD was moved to channel 726.

Hope this helps.

rcbrcb
Premium
Yes...This is great, thanks for replying!

R

nycityny
Premium
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY
reply to rcbrcb
said by rcbrcb:

4 Days have now passed and the new HD channels STILL have not been registered with Tribune Media!! Seems to me there should be a process in place to make sure a week doesnt go by beofre this happens...Last time it took RCN 2 Weeks to file a new Lineup!

Those of us with HD TiVo's would like these channels as well!
Wow, what you are writing makes me nervous. I just bought two new HD TIVOs and had the cablecards installed yesterday. I am all ready for the switchover here in New York but what you write does not give me much hope for a smooth transition.

Who did you contact at TIVO and at RCN about this?

rcbrcb
Premium

1 edit

1 recommendation

When RCN did the Analog Crush the notification to TiVo when perfectly. After I posted yesterday, jmirabella contacted me via IM to let me know that RCN was working on it. Seems the additonal HD channels in Chicago were not due to launch until Oct.1 but the trigger got pulled early, so the notifications to Tribune Media had not been submitted yet. As the RCN guys have always been a huge help on this board, I will take it as an honest mistake that they are working to correct.

nycityny
Premium
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY
said by rcbrcb:

When RCN did the Analog Crush the notification to TiVo when perfectly. After I posted yesterday, jmirabella contacted me via IM to let me know that RCN was working on it. Seems the additonal HD channels in Chicago were not due to launch until Oct.1 but the trigger got pulled early, so the notifications to Tribune Media had not been submitted yet. As the RCN guys have always been a huge help on this board, I will take it as an honest mistake that they are working to correct.
Thank you for the clarification that the analog crush transition went smoothly with the TIVO. That makes me feel much better.

I still have a Series 2 TIVO connected to my lone cable box so if channels are added I can see them with my cable box. And I am less concerned with picking up new channels quickly than I am about having the new television season recorded properly without a hiccup.

spongyfungy

Chicago, IL
reply to rcbrcb
said by rcbrcb:

I have TivoHD and I get all the new HD channels. I got them all on the same day the DVR got them. Try changing the zip code to something else.

rcbrcb
Premium
Do you mean the new HD channels that were launched last week? Tribune Media is not showing the new channels

spongyfungy

Chicago, IL

2 edits
said by rcbrcb:

Do you mean the new HD channels that were launched last week? Tribune Media is not showing the new channels
yes. tribune media shows the new channels. HBO2, Moremax, etc. however the individuals shows do not show up with info.

rcbrcb
Premium
reply to awbishop
The issue of the new channels not being registered with Tribune Media & TiVo have been mostly resolved. I am dealing with TiVo on how they listed Lifetime HD, as the way that have it listed, all the guide says is "To be Announced" for what progranms are on.

steinbch

join:2007-01-05
Chicago, IL
RCBRCB: Can you check to see if your TivoHD is showing both Palladia AND LifeHD on channel 634? This just started when we got the new HD channels.

rcbrcb
Premium
LIFEHD used to be on 634, but this week it got moved to 639 and Palladia HD in now on 634. TiVo has screwed up how they list LIFEHD on 639 so it does not show any programmimg, they are working on fixing the problem. Palladia is on 634 and LIFEHD is on 639.

steinbch

Chicago, IL
Thanks.

tivoguy

@rcn.com
Thanks for looking into this. I'm still not seeing the extra pay channels (like HBO2) showing up in the Tivo Guide.
Thanks

rcbrcb
Premium
I had all the pay channel added by TiVo late last week. Is your Tivo set for the "Digital Re-Build"?

steinbch

Chicago, IL
reply to tivoguy
Also, make sure that if you have specific channels you are not displaying that you check the menu for adding channels. I had the same problem with the extra Cinemax channels not showing up at first.

cgoguy

join:2008-05-20
That was the issue- the channels weren't checked in the "channels I receive" section.
All is good now.

Here's looking forward to seeing more HD channels added soon.

coopertwist6

join:2004-09-16
Chicago, IL
reply to awbishop
They added Hallmark Movie Channel HD on 765 but its not live yet...maybe there is more on the way.

coopertwist6

join:2004-09-16
Chicago, IL
reply to awbishop
on another note is anyone in chicago having any problems with lifetime hd on 639? when i goto the channel its frozen then it moves slowly and then audio track starts.