SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

[ Classes] Holy Priest Level 70 WoW 3 Talent Build

I am so tempted to go straight to Guardian Spirit, but I don't think I could give up the tier 3 Disc talents, especially Meditation.

As for the new talents I think I'll try 3/3 in Improved Holy Concentration and 2/3 in Serendipity.

Possible Level 70 Talent Build
--
Verizon FIOS

Dodge
Premium
join:2002-11-27

said by SixOfNine:

I am so tempted to go straight to Guardian Spirit, but I don't think I could give up the tier 3 Disc talents, especially Meditation.

As for the new talents I think I'll try 3/3 in Improved Holy Concentration and 2/3 in Serendipity.

Not to sound like a wet blanket, but read the beta forums. There is no viable holy spec, no matter what you do or how you spec you will be outhealed by everyone.

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Dodge:

said by SixOfNine:

Not to sound like a wet blanket, but read the beta forums. There is no viable holy spec, no matter what you do or how you spec you will be outhealed by everyone.
Why should I read QQ Central? By the time I separated the wheat from the chaff I'd still be at or near the top of the healing meters in my raid.
--
Verizon FIOS

Dodge
Premium

said by SixOfNine:

said by Dodge:

said by SixOfNine:

Why should I read QQ Central? By the time I separated the wheat from the chaff I'd still be at or near the top of the healing meters in my raid.
No QQ central, I am just curious, as a priest what do you bring to a raid that other healing classes won't at this point? Think about this carefully, and the answer will be very sad.

Jakiel00

join:2007-12-12
Mckinney, TX

said by Dodge:

No QQ central, I am just curious, as a priest what do you bring to a raid that other healing classes won't at this point? Think about this carefully, and the answer will be very sad.
A cool LOLwell.

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to Dodge

said by Dodge:

Why can't I turn that question around and ask what do the other healing classes bring to a raid that holy priests won't at this point? LOL, Jakie, Blizz took another shot at Lightwell with this patch.
--
Verizon FIOS

Dodge
Premium

1 edit

said by SixOfNine:

said by Dodge:

Why can't I turn that question around and ask what do the other healing classes bring to a raid that holy priests won't at this point? LOL, Jakie, Blizz took another shot at Lightwell with this patch.
Fair question so here it goes:
-lolwell needs to be clicked on now, making it the most retarted aoe heal in the world
-druids: best hots in the game, have AOE heal now that is better than lolwell. Tree form can cast full heals now also. Battlerez.
-paladins: best single target healers, bop, loh, di
-shamans: still best aoe healers, totems.

So show me where priests shine now?

P.S. I am not trying to be an ass, my wife's main is a raiding holy priest, so I am actually upset over the whole healing situation.

Garbs
Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-27
Garden State

You forgot to mention that Druids can now "rez", too.

Windfury
Premium
join:2008-10-14
Miami Beach, FL

Plus I love Pally buffs over Priest, auras and pallies can take hit....and a nerfed bubble on top of that

Jakiel00

Mckinney, TX

said by Windfury:

Plus I love Pally buffs over Priest, auras and pallies can take hit....and a nerfed bubble on top of that
you got your wish, they nerfed a bubble.

The Lass

@cox.net
reply to SixOfNine

I started playing WoW in '05, and my main is a holy priest. I chose this class and spec because I wanted to be the best healer in the raid/instance/guild. Blizzard's own website states:

> Priests are the MASTERS OF HEALING and preservation, restoring their wounded allies, shielding them in battle, and even resurrecting their fallen comrades.

It's sad that the holy priest is not the best healing class in the game and this has been so for some time. Shackle? Ya, I can shackle. Big woop.

I hope that 3.0.2 and WotLK helps to put holy priests back on top (as they were preBC) of the healing class, making them the MASTERS OF HEALING that we all thought they would be before we /played 60+ days.

And my spriest? Well, it'll be interesting to see how that pans out with the new patch. I'm just happy I have a healadin too. But two out of three utility classes appear to have been thrown under the bus.

Greydoom

join:2008-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to Jakiel00

said by Jakiel00:

said by Windfury:

you got your wish, they nerfed a bubble.
actually it was just the devide shield that got nerfed, the other bubble (self bubble only) didn't from what i read. (god i hope that i read that correctly)

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Dodge

said by Dodge:

said by SixOfNine:

said by Dodge:

Fair question so here it goes:
-lolwell needs to be clicked on now, making it the most retarted aoe heal in the world
-druids: best hots in the game, have AOE heal now that is better than lolwell. Tree form can cast full heals now also. Battlerez.
-paladins: best single target healers, bop, loh, di
-shamans: still best aoe healers, totems.

So show me where priests shine now?

P.S. I am not trying to be an ass, my wife's main is a raiding holy priest, so I am actually upset over the whole healing situation.
I hear ya, it's a good discussion to have.

I agree with the strengths of the other healing classes that you cited. With the exception of a resto druid (if the player is good), that's also their weakness: their focus on one aspect of healing. Holy priests are more jacks-of-all-trades:

- HoT? Check.
- Single-target healing? Check.
- AoE heal? Check (I'm talking CoH,just made even more powerful with the patch).
- A monster instant heal that gives threat to the target instead of the caster? Prayer of Mending, and it can now crit after the patch.

And since you're talking about non-healing aspects of these classes:

- An aggro dump
- Stamina buff
- Spirit buff
- Shadow protection buff
- Dispels
- Disease removal

That's off the top of my head, maybe I'll think of something else. The one-word answer to what holy priests bring to the raid is versatility.

In our tier 6 raids I usually come in second on the healing charts behind an absolutely fabulous druid. That's using WWS, which doesn't give priests any healing credit for Prayer of Mending. Recount does.

Somebody posted the top five from Recount in our guild officers' chat channel last night and I was easily in first place, but when I posted the WWS stats I was in second.

The only reason I bring that up is because somebody in the WWS forums reported that in the beta Prayer of Mending, EarthShield, the final pop of Lifebloom and Judgment of Light were all being credited to the original caster in the combat log, as were all auras events.

If it's in the combat log WWS will pick it up, and, as the pre-patch Recount reports show, priests get a much bigger boost on the healing charts from PoM than the other classes do from the other abilities I just listed. So please encourage your wife to hang in there.

said by Windfury:

What's wrong with both?
--
Verizon FIOS

Windfury
Premium
join:2008-10-14
Miami Beach, FL

1 edit

there nothing if you can have both FTW

Even if Priest are not the Masters of Healing you should play whatever character you like regardless of buff or nerfs

From the short time I played I realized not too care so much about the patch notes because today class buff then tomorrow that same class is getting nerfed

I just have fun playing the different classes, that's probably why iam not geared..lol

awesome6
Premium
join:2008-03-03
Reedsville, OH
reply to SixOfNine

In my opinion Priests are the versatile ones.

Druids have the best hots...but priests can do that too.
Paladins have the best single target healing...but priests can do that too.
Shamans are the best aoe healers...but priests can do that too.

They may not be zomg the best!!11!11!! at anything...but they can do everything REALLY well.

Plus the buffs are awesome. HP Buff? Rock! Spirit Buff? Awesome, and getting better in the expansion.

I'm not a raider, so my opinion after this line probably doesn't count for much, but...

If you don't make a raid because your class isn't the min/max best class for the raid, then you need to find a new group to raid with.

The Lass

@cox.net

Master Healers? psht

> In my opinion Priests are the versatile ones.

Versatile, Holy Priests, all priest classes, yes, and so are almost all other classes too imo, but I'd rather hear the druid saying "I came in second on raid heals to the holy priest, as should be expected".

I didn't roll a holy to be "versatile". I rolled a holy priest because that was supposed to be the best healing class/spec? Druid's have better hots... pally's have better single target heals... shammy chain heals are OP? Did I misread the blizzard class description? No. Hence, my QQ. "Master Healer" psht.

Maybe 302 will change things. We'll see.

slckusr
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter

1 edit
reply to SixOfNine

Re: [ Classes] Holy Priest Level 70 WoW 3 Talent Build

edit***

After playing my holy priest tonight ( in pvp anyway too unstable for anything long term). I had a great time, i got my achievement for 300k+ heals. ( toot my epeen :P)

Guardian Spirit was interesting, the 40% bonus to healing helped me save a few people in eots. ( not sure if the sacrificing part kicked in)

I have Thursday off so i hope the servers are stable enough tomorrow to get a raid in.

antibodee

@nwoca.org

Nice. By sheer coincidence, I live in toledo, oh.. right next to you. Anyways, don't forget that bubbles aren't counted into heals as damage prevented.... and we all forgot to mention shadow protection, the ability to dispel fear, and the irony of being a priest on orphan weekend. They all give you the eye.

uvray

join:2008-08-15
Fredericton, NB
reply to SixOfNine

I'm just going to jump in to say resto shamans are probably the best healers in the game right now:

-earthliving weapon (+101 to heals and a 20% chance to proc a HoT)
-totems (healing, mana, wrath)
-riptide (new HoT that has a tie in to chain heal)
-improved earth shield
- Cleanse Spirit removes 1 poison, 1 disease, and 1 curse
- oh yeah, chain heal

So my advice is to spec discipline and frustrate people in arena and BG's =)

Jakiel00

Mckinney, TX
reply to Greydoom

no worries. Yeah I just meant that they nerfed a bubble. Not both

Catasthrophe

@comcast.net
reply to SixOfNine

Any holy priest that is QQing since this latest patch needs to learn to play your class, priest are now the most OP healing class in WoW, quit your QQing and L2P

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Catasthrophe :

Any holy priest that is QQing since this latest patch needs to learn to play your class, priest are now the most OP healing class in WoW, quit your QQing and L2P
Agreed. Between a smarter, raid-wide CoH, the healing credit for PoM, the talent changes, and more, the patch has definitely helped holy priests.

A heavy Disc build is also working out very well as a single-target healer, but not all of the value shows up in the healing charts because, for example, of the damage mitigation provided by talents such as Divine Aegis and Grace.

I tweaked my holy raid build slightly, dumping Healing Focus (raid-wide Concentration Aura does the trick so far) and Lightwell to max out Holy Reach and Serendipity.
--
Verizon FIOS