Premium Member
join:2001-11-20
Washington, UT

HolmanGT to CheapGuyNo1

Premium Member

to CheapGuyNo1

Re: Warning: You must Plug magicJack into USB

said by CheapGuyNo1:

Like I said the one I got was from a company called WindmillTrading.com. It sure solved my MJ power problems, after I wasted money trying a few other powered hubs. Apparently the trick is that this hub has a whopping 2200mA power supply. I'm no computer expert but that's what worked for me! They even have on their site that their hub will solve MagicJack poewr problems... and as far as I'm concerned they're right!
I looked up the link again:
»www.windmilltrading.com/ ··· 214A.htm

Hope this helps.
Good find "CheapGuyNo1",

But they are not doing anything special, they are just living up to the specs for a four port Powered Hub. The specs are .5 amps per port, which this hub meets. The problem with these other manufacturers is they are just boldface lying about their hubs meeting the "Powered Hub" specifications.

For $19 dollars I may just pick one up for ... well I don't know but at that price I wouldn't mind leaving it on the shelf for some impromptu emergency.
amigo_boy
join:2005-07-22

amigo_boy

said by HolmanGT:

For $19 dollars I may just pick one up for ... well I don't know but at that price I wouldn't mind leaving it on the shelf for some impromptu emergency.
Me too. And, to reward them for doing good business.

Mark

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to HolmanGT

MVM

to HolmanGT
said by HolmanGT:

Good find "CheapGuyNo1"
I second that motion.

Another excellent USB 2.0 HUB that I recommend is the IOGEAR GUH227 7 Port High Speed USB 2.0
CheapGuyNo1
join:2004-09-17
Washington, DC

CheapGuyNo1

That's another relatively pricey USB hub, as compared to the cheap plastic ones. Just goes to show you good stuff is expensive and bad stuff isn't! Usually, at least...
I'll stick with the expensive stuff, better for my sanity too!
It's all relative...