Search similar:

uniqs
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Areas that get spun off

is there any list of cities that Alltel and VZ have to get rid of?

There are few cities I want to see if they're on the list.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel

Premium Member

said by hottboiinnc4:

is there any list of cities that Alltel and VZ have to get rid of?

There are few cities I want to see if they're on the list.
Here is the list.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Thanks. But I'm looking for an actual list of the cities within the colored areas.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel

Premium Member

Sorry, that's all I have.

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
My city is on that map...what does that mean for me exactly? I have a Verizon phone as my personal phone, and an Alltel work phone.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Depending on what network they say is getting the axe there. They can keep the Alltel network and move you to that network or can keep the VZ network and move you to there.

Weather they keep both of your accounts or not is still to be announced. VZW and Alltel are not saying a damn thing.

This is most likely going to be another Sprint-Nextel merger all over again.

Two companies not doing a damn thing to keep the customer upto date. VZW anyway has a history of mergers not working in their favor---anyone remember when they took over Cellular One's TDMA network and required everyone to renew under VZW? A nightmare that was for customers especially since rate plans went up.

Rob 23
@windstream.net

Rob 23 to NY Tel

Anon

to NY Tel
»www.cellularmap.net look under what's new.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102 to NY Tel

to NY Tel
I wonder the fate of Alltel's GSM roamer network.
I think AT&T and T-Mobile have long term contracts, but then again, if those markets are divested, will AT&T or T-Mobile pick some of them up (or Sprint pick up some CDMA areas as well)
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

TM most likely has the cash to pick up the roaming network. ATT i doubt will want it due to them being invested with U-Verse and with CentUSA's merger pending i doubt they'll try and buy anything right now.

Sprint doesnt have the cash or credit to buy any of the CDMA networks.

The likely companies to pick them up especially in Ohio will be the unlimited carriers due to they don't have huge amounts of debt from non-paying customers. Revol will be the likely company to buy the Ohio networks from both Alltel and VZW which will hurt them. They really need the markets that Alltel will be spinning off to really connect their coverage.
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to Rob 23

to Rob 23
website information not totally accurate.

Especially in terms to MetroPCS and Cricket.

Rob 23
@windstream.net

Rob 23

Anon

Looks to me like the metro-pcs map is the same map from metro's website ( doesn't matter ) I posted the link for the list of cities you were looking for,it's under the alltel map.

SterlingJ85
join:2000-11-19
Austin, TX

SterlingJ85 to NY Tel

to NY Tel
It should be noted that "Hold Seperate Trust" areas have been decided by a judge that Verizon can buy them back.

Those areas will become Verizon Wireless and will not be divested.
SterlingJ85

SterlingJ85 to en102

to en102
All roaming agreements are required by the FCC's merger conditions to be maintained by Verizon Wireless until they expire.

Now, it should be understood that this only applies to areas Verizon Wireless will assume control. Divested markets are still up to the purchasing company to do what they wish.

It is very likely that AT&T will pick up these areas, and if that's the case GSM won't be leaving those areas for a long time to come.

BUT - Even if AT&T chose not to purchase them, the roaming revenue they get would probably sway the operator to keep GSM and CDMA active.
SterlingJ85

SterlingJ85 to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
Not likely. For two reasons.

1) Verizon Wireless is very good at mergers, they always are careful to cross every "t" and dot every "i".

2) This is a simple merger when you compare Nextel/Sprint. The problem with this merger was predominantly due to Nextel running an iDEN network, and Sprint running CDMA. In the Verizon/Alltel merger both predominantly run CDMA. This will only require Verizon to integrate the existing networks & billing systems, and remove redundant equipment/cell sites where they already have a network.

The issue with Cellular One was because of their TDMA network; which Verizon wanted to shut down to make it a CDMA market like the rest of their network.
hottboiinnc4
ME
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

I know the difference between the networks. I stated them before.

But not telling your customers anything and you have under a week now until the merger is complete is another Sprint-Nextel merger in the works.

You have all these prepaid people from Alltel wondering if they'll get to keep their service or not due to not being in a contract. CellCo Partnership won't tell them a damn thing because they claim they don't have to. You have Alltel on the other hand claiming they don't know what in the hell is going on.

And Sprint could have completed the merger if they would NOT have allowed people to switch from the Sprint brand to Nextel. If they would have made EVERYONE move to the Sprint side after their contract expired and STOPPED signed people up on Nextel's brand Nextel would not have any new customers and would all be happy in the CDMA land.

And you claim the Cellular One problem was due to the difference. You better thank again. Cellular One didnt tell their customers anything either just like Alltel is doing. VZW didnt tell customers anything either UNTIL after the merger was done and REQUIRED ALL CUSTOMERS to sign a NEW contract just because of the difference.

I was one of those customers and it was a pain in the ass. CellCo does NOT know how to manage a Merger let alone know how to take care of their customers.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
My area is one that is getting screwed over.

I usually use over 5GB/mo for my mobile PC Repair Service. Now, I don't know what to do.

I hope Verizon sinks and someone takes them over. But we all know that will never happen.