Premium Member

to hottboiinnc4

Re: Areas that get spun off

Sorry, that's all I have.

Rob 23
@windstream.net

Rob 23

Anon

»www.cellularmap.net look under what's new.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102 to NY Tel

to NY Tel
I wonder the fate of Alltel's GSM roamer network.
I think AT&T and T-Mobile have long term contracts, but then again, if those markets are divested, will AT&T or T-Mobile pick some of them up (or Sprint pick up some CDMA areas as well)
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

TM most likely has the cash to pick up the roaming network. ATT i doubt will want it due to them being invested with U-Verse and with CentUSA's merger pending i doubt they'll try and buy anything right now.

Sprint doesnt have the cash or credit to buy any of the CDMA networks.

The likely companies to pick them up especially in Ohio will be the unlimited carriers due to they don't have huge amounts of debt from non-paying customers. Revol will be the likely company to buy the Ohio networks from both Alltel and VZW which will hurt them. They really need the markets that Alltel will be spinning off to really connect their coverage.
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to Rob 23

to Rob 23
website information not totally accurate.

Especially in terms to MetroPCS and Cricket.

Rob 23
@windstream.net

Rob 23

Anon

Looks to me like the metro-pcs map is the same map from metro's website ( doesn't matter ) I posted the link for the list of cities you were looking for,it's under the alltel map.

SterlingJ85
join:2000-11-19
Austin, TX

SterlingJ85 to en102

to en102
All roaming agreements are required by the FCC's merger conditions to be maintained by Verizon Wireless until they expire.

Now, it should be understood that this only applies to areas Verizon Wireless will assume control. Divested markets are still up to the purchasing company to do what they wish.

It is very likely that AT&T will pick up these areas, and if that's the case GSM won't be leaving those areas for a long time to come.

BUT - Even if AT&T chose not to purchase them, the roaming revenue they get would probably sway the operator to keep GSM and CDMA active.
« Chad.I'll wager... »
This is a sub-selection from Areas that get spun off