spc
uniqs

kep112
@myfairpoint.net

kep112 to Tim712

Anon

to Tim712

Thank you Tim

Thank you Tim, for explaining. I am sure they have a lot of angry people. But some did change over with out problem as some other people have said they have not had a problem. This is just all too strange. There has to be a glitch somewhere for some.
The luck of the draw I guess
kep112

kep112

Anon

I got my email address changed

I got my email address changed, thank you to Tim. This is what I did, for a POP Email user

I did the AUTOMATED PROCESS:

Go to www.activate.MyFairPoint.net/emailupdate

DOWNLOAD AND RUN THE ACTIVE X CONTROL WHEN PROMPTED

this will automatically detect your existing email accounts and make necessary changes for you.

NOTE * I did try to manually set and that would not work.

BUT this did work, and now I am sending and receiving emails from myfairpoint email.

Hope this will help some of you.

Glad I found this site.

Regards. KEP from NH

greebs
@myfairpoint.net

greebs

Anon

kep.. I have tried this method over and over but it always says to "retry" and then it says "wait" before going right back to the retry page again. I can't seem to get the yellow bar that has the ActiveX download button on it. Did you have this problem?...If so, how did you finally get through?..Did you just keep trying and finally it worked??? ....I've neglected to call tech support because I know I'll get aggravated by the whole process..Would love to get straightened out without that hassle..Any info might help...thank you for taking the time to get back to me...greebs

SueRR
@myfairpoint.net

SueRR

Anon

greebs - did you get the ActiveX download? This happened to me and it was the security(Norton.) You may need to tell your security to allow the download.

greebs
@myfairpoint.net

greebs

Anon

Sue...Thanks for the great suggestion to disable whatever was blocking my ActiveX download in my Norton anti virus, however that was not my problem apparently because I finally figured out how to change over manually without touching my Norton. I have Microsoft Outlook Express. I opened it up and went to tools then to accounts and then clicked the properties button. I opened the servers tab and changed my incoming server to mail.myfairpoint.net From there I changed the outgoing server to mail.myfairpoint.net..Make sure to hit ok at the bottom when both are changed..2/3 done....Next go to the "general" tab...click on it and change your email address to ....username@myfairpoint.net...click ok at the bottom and you should be in business...go to your email and see if it starts coming through ....good luck to all who try this. Seemed to have worked for me

moonboy32
@myfairpoint.net

moonboy32

Anon

Thanks I am up and running.

greebs
@myfairpoint.net

greebs

Anon

Glad to hear it moonboy....Now why they didn't just explain how to do it that way in the first place is beyond me. With no step by step instruction on how to change your settings they are asking for problems with marginally computer literate people such as myself. It's almost as if they wanted there to be trouble changing over. I'm glad I had the guts to finally try and change stuff that I thought I really shouldn't be playing with for fear of really screwing things up even worse. It seems manual was the way to go. Quick and dirty and no aggravating tech support bologna.

kep112
@myfairpoint.net

kep112 to greebs

Anon

to greebs

greebs

Hello,
I had to un block Active x, so it could down load. And I had to do that for both my desk top and my lap top.

This worked for windows mail service that is like outlook Express. I have not used the web mail.

I hope you can get your mail soon. I know lots are still having problems.

greebs
@myfairpoint.net

greebs

Anon

kep....I'm all set now(see my subsequent posts after my original)....did it manually instead of automatically....it worked!...thanks for your reply and good luck

kep112
@myfairpoint.net

kep112

Anon

Great, you may see some of your emails that were sent to verizon, and then sent to fairpoint say they are spam, make sure you see who they are from. So far I have not had any problems, just a few delay.

Paul_P
@myfairpoint.net

Paul_P to greebs

Anon

to greebs

Re: I got my email address changed - in Nashua, NH

Thanks!! Worked for me too. Others, if you're still stuck make sure you change your SMTP logon if you're using Microsoft Outlook. It's in a tab under your regular mail config screen when you go through Control Panel to change your settings in Windows XP.