pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to nasadude

Re: Wrong

said by nasadude:

that coverage data is not accurate. I have gone online and seen that I am eligible for service, but when I call that's not the case.
And one outlier does not make a majority.

Most people seem to have no problem using these sites. Just because a select few has a problem doesn't mean the government should get involved. And even if it did, what guarantee is there that the data would be more accurate?

If an ISP is so determined to not sell me service that they would make a mistake in qualifying my residence, that is their problem, not mine.
--
Blagojevich / Madoff 2012!

nixen
Rockin' the Boxen
Premium
join:2002-10-04
Alexandria, VA
said by pnh102:

said by nasadude:

that coverage data is not accurate. I have gone online and seen that I am eligible for service, but when I call that's not the case.
And one outlier does not make a majority.

Most people seem to have no problem using these sites. Just because a select few has a problem doesn't mean the government should get involved. And even if it did, what guarantee is there that the data would be more accurate?

If an ISP is so determined to not sell me service that they would make a mistake in qualifying my residence, that is their problem, not mine.
I might buy that last argument but for the fact that entire neighborhoods can be bypassed but still show as being in a served area. It's not just single "outliers".
--
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell